corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: Clark's new car...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: Clark's new car...
Ben G

User status: Offline
6th Jan 13 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wr1 is looked down on by evo drivers though.
kennySRi

6th Jan 13 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only negative bit really is people talking about those wires, you should read the other detailing threads by you to realise what negative really is Luckily this thread didnt have any cost involved so there wasnt much to argue about.

Lovely car, you've obviously done very well with your career so fair play. Stick with the sarcasm and you'll fit nicely in here
big eck

6th Jan 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
The wr1 is looked down on by evo drivers though.

The wr1 and the p1 are highly liked by the Evo lot tbf lol.
Ste
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clark, this is a serious question, I'm not taking the piss ok.
It is obvious that to do the job you do to the standard you do it you need to be very obsessed with cleaning. Does this obsession extend to other things in your life like having a super tidy house and taking hours to get ready to go out or do you leave that in the workshop (or salon whatever a detailer's workshop is called)

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Colin

6th Jan 13 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Clark, this is a serious question, I'm not taking the piss ok.
It is obvious that to do the job you do to the standard you do it you need to be very obsessed with cleaning. Does this obsession extend to other things in your life like having a super tidy house and taking hours to get ready to go out or do you leave that in the workshop (or salon whatever a detailer's workshop is called)

Don't think it works that way. Like my other half is an accountant but is double shit with money!!
Ste
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a career born from a passion for cleaning cars. Anyone can be an accountant but i could never wash a car like that. I'd be bored stiff after half an hour of t-cutting it

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Colin

6th Jan 13 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ken what your saying I just cannot see him going to the trouble of washing the bathroom using he 2 bucket method and liberally applying organic fairy dust in lieu of toilet duck etc etc after a hard day polishing pork down the office.
Ste
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 01:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not see that other 'famous' detailer who detailed his dyson?

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Jan 13 at 05:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you've got to be a bit bonkers, same as the customers who fund it.
AK

7th Jan 13 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of folk I know use Polished Bliss... and I know what they pay

I think they are fucking bonkers And detailing is just bokers

I wash my cars (sometimes ) .... it is a a chore! I'd rather being driving them, or out and about.

Once we get the 911 back to a full car again I may take more pride in its appearance but it was never 'detailed' in the 10+ years its been in the family. It looked fucking clean enough to me without being £1000's lighter in the pocket I own a clay bar though.... does that make me a 'detailer'

Nice car though
AK

7th Jan 13 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste

is this the same chap that 'detailed' his one day old VXR...
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine a lot of people pay for detailing to get correction work done, like myself. I bought a car covered in swirls and overspray, and for £300 I got the car detailed which resolved both sets of issues.

I'm quite an enthusiastic wannabee weekend detailer and a lot of people were in shock when I "paid somebody to clean my car", but I wasn't paying to clean it... Looking back I should have just told everybody it was "in the bodyshop" as it would have raised fewer questions

As for cleaning door locks with a cotton bud, I enjoy that too much to pay somebody else to do it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by Ste

is this the same chap that 'detailed' his one day old VXR...

Brand new cars are often swirled up to fuck, and what better time to apply protection to the paintwork?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Balling
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impressive how these threads all go the same way.

If some guy spends a fortune restoring an old Nova or other shitter and have it resprayed inside and out, replacing/restoring most parts with an incredible attention to detail, everybody is in awe.

Spending a fraction of that cost and time restoring/protecting the paintwork of a supercar and getting it looking like new, on the other hand, is frowned upon...

I wouldn't spend a cent having anybody clean my car for me, but then I drive a cheap Honda. If I had a supercar and the dough to drive it, I'd gladly fork out once in a while to keep it looking fresh.

AK

7th Jan 13 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many times can paint be 'corrected' before you run out of paint?

Folk are buffing and polishing the paint off their cars

I think its just the term 'detailing' that makes it so cringeworthy. When did 'washing' a car become 'detailing'. Even Valet was used for a while... but now everyone seems to be a 'detailer' or detailing their car. No, you washed it! Yes, some will be better than others and I think PB would fit into the real deal end of ther scale.

rant rant rant

Its an american term isnt it? Detailing?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Jan 13 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I first heard it on Neighbours.
AK

7th Jan 13 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure its in one of the Back to the Future films.

You know when he comes back to find Biff (or Biffs dad) cleaning his truck.
AK

7th Jan 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe, aye

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Biff's_Auto_Detailing
Ben J

7th Jan 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK

7th Jan 13 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont hate Clark... I dont know him.

I do seem to hate the use (overuse) of the word detail. Pet hate really.
Ben J

7th Jan 13 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Different strokes for different folk etc etc.
Ste
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of people hate you and you're not successful

Ben J

7th Jan 13 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. Lets not get personal. Don't even know you, you don't even know me.

[Edited on 07-01-2013 by Ben J]
Ste
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a joke chill out.

Phil W

7th Jan 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I do seem to hate the use (overuse) of the word detail. Pet hate really.

It's not as bad when people who do it as a profession use the word, however when Fred 'details' his car on a Sunday afternoon by washing it and slapping on some Super Resin Polish... Not cool.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: Clark's new car... 23 database queries in 0.0336161 seconds