corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » An insurance query

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author An insurance query
Rich H

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greenlight were cheapest for me, but I was 23 when I had mine iirc with a clean license and full NCB.

IF £3.5k does remain the best price you can get insurance for, would it possibly not be an idea to consider cutting your losses and selling the Corsa, get something with a reasonable amount of grunt that you can insure for acceptable money with the funds raised from the Corsa and however much you planned to pay out for insurance, and come back to building / owning an XE'd Corsa in a few years when your license is clean(er) and you're older?
M2RTY

4th Feb 13 at 05:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines a lot cheaper when listed as on the street overnight and with my lass and dad listed with 8k miles with business use too
Corsa_Sport21

4th Feb 13 at 05:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Greenlight were cheapest for me, but I was 23 when I had mine iirc with a clean license and full NCB.

IF £3.5k does remain the best price you can get insurance for, would it possibly not be an idea to consider cutting your losses and selling the Corsa, get something with a reasonable amount of grunt that you can insure for acceptable money with the funds raised from the Corsa and however much you planned to pay out for insurance, and come back to building / owning an XE'd Corsa in a few years when your license is clean(er) and you're older?

You see, that would be the sensible option, and kinda what i was getting at. But it seems not doing that, means you are living in the real world.

People think that because they have spent lots on a car so far, they can't bail out and cut there losses. But when you think about it, you could keep going, spend £3.5k on insurance, keep it for a year, and be in even deeper, with a total cost close to about £6k all in with a car that's still only worth about £1.5k.
nad123
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Feb 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure flux/sky etc do insurance where they will pay out for another car/shell if you have an accident so you can swap all your bits onto
Christopher

4th Feb 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H

Ok buddy il give them a call too! Ooo yer that's certainly the more sensible thing to do but I so really love the corsa and don't fancy anything else really (obviously within my price range) and not only modifications, but coming to find a clean example of corsa b's are becoming alot harder to come across and I've spent alot of time making mine as good as I can at the moment and think in 3 years or so I would most likely be spending 3k with the work needed to make another corsa as clean as mine is so kind of works out similar really! If I can't get something slightly more reasonable I would most likely just take this off the road and get myself a cheap daily! thanks for your advice!
antnee

4th Feb 13 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't matter how you got the points or if you deem them as your fault, young driver + modified car + points = high prices.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » An insurance query 22 database queries in 0.0111539 seconds