corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mini Day

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mini Day
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st May 13 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just priced up a couple of decals for the checkers down the side, the ones on there are peeling very slight round the edges, im personally not that keen on the stickers but wouldnt mind keeping it authentic. Was quite impressed that they would only be allowed to order them if I had the chassis number because they try and stop people making non checkmates into checkmates, I quite like they care about the specials remaining special

[Edited on 01-05-2013 by Steve]
Nath

1st May 13 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Normally like these but that looks hideous.

This. Tbh. That interior is rancid
Norcy91

1st May 13 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SimonTW
Nice purchase!

I've had mine about 5 years and love it. I don't think I'll ever sell it to be honest. It's quick, handles awesome, comfortable on long trips and delivers high 30's on the mpg! It's not standard though. I'd defo say ditch the run flats to improve the way it drives!

[Edited on 01-05-2013 by SimonTW]

I still can't understand how you get high 30's on mpg

I only managed to average 29mpg doing a 340 mile round trip to Santa Pod...
nathy_87

1st May 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Was quite impressed that they would only be allowed to order them if I had the chassis number because they try and stop people making non checkmates into checkmates, I quite like they care about the specials remaining special

Seriously? It's not that hard to get someone that does stickers/vinyls to get a copy of it and do it yourself.

There is a Mini near me that has a checkboard behind it's number plate, I'm not suggesting Mini (BMW) did this but surely that's illegal?
Ben G

1st May 13 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
They tramline like fuck too and constantly pull/drift to the kerb.

as said, that's the runflats, they seem to do that on every car with big wheels and low profile tyres.

i don't have them on mine as the previous owner changed them, but he said they were awful.
Robin
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:
Was quite impressed that they would only be allowed to order them if I had the chassis number because they try and stop people making non checkmates into checkmates, I quite like they care about the specials remaining special

Seriously? It's not that hard to get someone that does stickers/vinyls to get a copy of it and do it yourself.

There is a Mini near me that has a checkboard behind it's number plate, I'm not suggesting Mini (BMW) did this but surely that's illegal?

Why would it be illegal?

Anyway, they'll be able to use chassis number WMWRE32090TK88071 to get the right stickers now just by googling 'mini checkmate VIN number'
mwg

1st May 13 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's loads of Mini's kicking round with numberplate recess decals
Steve
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r u a decal
A2H GO

1st May 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
They tramline like fuck too and constantly pull/drift to the kerb.

as said, that's the runflats, they seem to do that on every car with big wheels and low profile tyres.

i don't have them on mine as the previous owner changed them, but he said they were awful.

The 1 series does it slightly on the 19" run flats but nowhere near to the extent of my old mini's, almost felt like you were fighting the steering wheel at times which became tedious. Probably why the power steering always goes on them.

That said, some people like it as they like to 'feel' the road, but in that case you'd just buy a 182/197.
LeeM

1st May 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just priced up a couple of decals for the checkers down the side, the ones on there are peeling very slight round the edges, im personally not that keen on the stickers but wouldnt mind keeping it authentic. Was quite impressed that they would only be allowed to order them if I had the chassis number because they try and stop people making non checkmates into checkmates, I quite like they care about the specials remaining special

is it not worth buying a set and removing yours, see how you get on and either put them on if you decide you prefer it with or put them on when you come to sell? id prefer it looking how i liked rather than looking "authentic"
mwg

1st May 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
r u a decal

probably find the decals are holding your car together
Steve
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:

is it not worth buying a set and removing yours, see how you get on and either put them on if you decide you prefer it with or put them on when you come to sell? id prefer it looking how i liked rather than looking "authentic"

Possibly, my first thought was to just remove them, but I was quite surpised at how limited this range seems to be so their maybe some value in keeping it authentic. I suppose putting them on when sold is an option
SXI - Matt

1st May 13 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do people go out there way to buy a checkmate edition or is it a case of there after a mini a nice one comes up and it happens to be a checkmate. Cant see them being much more over a normal one
mwg

1st May 13 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seats look less supportive than a Corsa VXR's
Ojc

1st May 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R u a supercharger seems quite relevant now.
nathy_87

1st May 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:

Why would it be illegal?

I'll get you a photo. I thought it would be due to ths silly "ANPR not being able to pick it up". Probs just me
Steve
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Do people go out there way to buy a checkmate edition or is it a case of there after a mini a nice one comes up and it happens to be a checkmate. Cant see them being much more over a normal one

I dont know the additions over the normal ones apparently are

Interior - Down to taste
Various check mate graphics
Unique paint colour
The alloys
LSD - this is listed as a feature of the checkmate, so im assuming its optional on the rest? This is about the only thing that interests me
A/C standard - Apparently, again assuming its an extra on the others
Lighting pack inside - whatever this means

AndyCorsaSport

1st May 13 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So have you actually come out the closet now?
pow
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what pisses me off about minis, on most AC isn't even standard
Norcy91

1st May 13 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt

I dont know the additions over the normal ones apparently are

Interior - Down to taste
Various check mate graphics
Unique paint colour
The alloys
LSD - this is listed as a feature of the checkmate, so im assuming its optional on the rest? This is about the only thing that interests me
A/C standard - Apparently, again assuming its an extra on the others
Lighting pack inside - whatever this means

The LSD was an option with the Chilli Pack towards the end of production I believe, easiest way to tell is if the gearbox code has an 'L' at the end I think... But yeah, standard on the Checkmates, that's one bit I'd liked to have had on mine!

I'd point you in the direction of Mini Torque, i'm on there. There's plenty of information, but you're likely to get set on fire if you say you plan on keeping your car mostly standard There's a guy on there called Dave F who makes the Dave F Hybrid Airboxes, I'd recommend getting one of these along with the Pulley, he does batches of them every couple of months.
3CorsaMeal

1st May 13 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit
3CorsaMeal

1st May 13 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is there a massive capital U on the bonnet?

Interior looks like a waterproof wogbox.

Wheels look like Nintendo designed them.
Steve
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just taken it for a spin around the roads, can tell its barely been driven the cat still stinks when you put your foot down.

Was making a whine noise when you put your foot down, any ideas?
Norcy91

1st May 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Was making a whine noise when you put your foot down, any ideas?

Flux Capacitor.
Nath

1st May 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was your old queen in the car?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mini Day 22 database queries in 0.0155342 seconds