corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new car
AK

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 13 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taylorboosh is JohnD?!
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, was a thread with him coming out of the closet recently, but it was deemed acceptable because most had guessed anyway.
AK

2nd Jun 13 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh, ok. He must still have a hard-on for me

Nice to see you care John... you sad prick
taylorboosh

2nd Jun 13 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So in this thread i have not once insulted you... Merely pointed out i didnt think it was as good as the skyline...

I then made a joke referring to a previous thread..

Yet you feel the need to dish insults out and swan about like your better then everyone else ...

I dont have any hard on for you.... I do however think your still the arrogant bell end you always were.... Might aswell leave it at that
AK

2nd Jun 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come to your own conclusions, but yes... you are correct. I called you a prick.

That's my opinion.

Call it paranoia if you like, but I have noticed some sly digs from you in recent posts... fishing for a rise from me. I had no idea who you were so just ignored them. Makes sense now though.

So why the name change?
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
why does it have to be a step anything

Its a higher powered 4wd coupe.... if anything its a fucking step sideways.

AK

2nd Jun 13 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:
Originally posted by AK
Corsadonk - why?

They are both 4wd....

If anything I think putting the GTR lump and guts into an Impreza would be a step back... it would weigh about 200kg more

Does the straight six weigh that much more, or is the shell heavier then? Can you make the flat four produce the same amount of power as the Skyline, with the nice new gearbox it has?

I can see it being a shed load of work, but if you've already got the running gear it might be worth it.

The GTR engine, gearbox and transfer box are a fair bit heavier, dont know amounts, but 100's of KG. I can fanny about with the long impreza engine putting it on a stand/crane etc, NO danget I could do that with the RB26 engine.

Power wise - the RB26 will take power more easily, but 600bhp is easy enough for a built Impreza engine if running the right parts.

Gearboxes - sequentials for Imprezas are cheaper

Different cars though - the GTR wasnt bad, far from it. Loved the car... just time for a change now really. It handles/feels VERY different to the wee Impreza and you can really feel its weight (despite being about 250kg lighter than standard).

The GTR was down to 1350ish kg
My Impreza weighs 1150kg (with full weight doors, electric windows, mirrors etc) - should be easy <1100kg

To be honest the weight is the biggest factor!
FlamingCorsa

2nd Jun 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame this thread has been spoilt, but I am looking forward to see updates on the car and admire u guys for getting on with things after last week. . . Skyline is now in past, scoop is future :-)
FlamingCorsa

2nd Jun 13 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does fee enjoy driving your imprezza . . . Wondered wot her opinion on each car and there different characteristics were?

Do u prefer your car to driving the gtr?
taylorboosh

2nd Jun 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Come to your own conclusions, but yes... you are correct. I called you a prick.

That's my opinion.

Call it paranoia if you like, but I have noticed some sly digs from you in recent posts... fishing for a rise from me. I had no idea who you were so just ignored them. Makes sense now though.

So why the name change?

I never made any sly digs so feel free to post them up..

I havent had a name change, i got banned. Started using a mates account which was spotted after about 3 days... Used it about 10 months until thegsi caught me out concrete.... Everyone already knew it was me including admin... They have decided to leave it as im not causing a problem..

Every single one of my posts regarding the whole accident up until the tyre post has been serious...

As said you just cant take it the i dont wank you off because you own a couple home brew racing cars...

I loved the skyline in its newest form - it looked "cool as fuck" as you so arrogantly qouted, a satin black scooby is not in the same league as it was.... Maybe when your done with it, it will be, but not at the minute...

Its deffo a step down compared to some of the cars you mentioned getting, although i do realise you have just lost a huge asset to swap/trade..... That is not to say you wont make a huge wad breaking it but that will take time
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John, YOU called it "cool as fuck", Adam was just quoting you

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

2nd Jun 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know i did, he quoted it as if to say its a cocks way of speaking
AK

2nd Jun 13 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
Does fee enjoy driving your imprezza . . . Wondered wot her opinion on each car and there different characteristics were?

Do u prefer your car to driving the gtr?

I havent really spent much time driving the GTR recently, but dont particularly like it to be honest. Fee's seat is a bit small, and the car just didnt handle the way I like it On a flat open track and full power it is unreal, but tight twisty its a bit hard work.

Fee likes my car, but finds it quite tail happy. Nothing a bit of adjustment wouldnt sort out.
AK

2nd Jun 13 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant pin point one thing, but just comments. Wheels, too fast, evos - maybe not meant, and they were taken with a pinch of salt..... but now knowing its you (John-d) makes it different

Easiest thing for you to do is ignore my posts... at least you know me, and I'm not lurking under someone else s username. That seems to be the best course of action.

Can you manage that?
taylorboosh

2nd Jun 13 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could do but don't see why i should....

Wheels - i wanted some and did buy some rotas... I was 100% being serious although maybe a bit inappropriate with my timing

Evos - that was DannyB who manages to get along with me nowadays, i just joined in

Faster - was in jest as an extension of the evo thing

Maybe you just need to do just that and take what i say with a pinch of salt.... Instead of getting your knickers in a twist because im not impressed with your new car...
AK

2nd Jun 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt. Read what I'm writing!

I took it with a pinch or salt UNTIL I found out who you were, and then took them as digs.

quote:
I could do but don't see why i should....

You clearly get annoyed by me.... So keep reading, and keep getting annoyed
taylorboosh

2nd Jun 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not annoyed...

Im not trying to spoil your thread..

Im just posting either my opinion or a joke in light hearted jest...

taylorboosh

2nd Jun 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They 100% were not digs
Ben G

2nd Jun 13 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Yet you feel the need to dish insults out and swan about like your better then everyone else ...

I dont have any hard on for you.... I do however think your still the arrogant bell end you always were.... Might aswell leave it at that

yep...
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was really impressed with the RA scoobies at SLS, never really spent a lot of time around/in Subarus but if it has half the attention/money your GTR did then it will be a very capable car. Look forward to seeing it.
AK

2nd Jun 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the current white one would be about 1sec slower round KH than Oggy's Blue/Green one (has about 630bhp, to my 450-500)
Colin

2nd Jun 13 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grp 22b arches or proper job?

Looks awrite be interesting to see how it goes forward. Shame about the r32, especially just after all the recent work.
AK

2nd Jun 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its lightweight GRP arches with steel removed, proper job = heavy steel arches
Chris C

2nd Jun 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the look of 22b so I'll be keeping on eye on a project thread if the is one.
Fee

2nd Jun 13 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plan is to build it up to a similar spec to Adam's and then we can both enter SMRC and get some close racing!

It'll be getting resprayed the same colour as the GTR

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new car 23 database queries in 0.0252762 seconds