corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just my luck before PVS**update-repair costs agreed**

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just my luck before PVS**update-repair costs agreed**
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
4th Jun 13 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No harm in friendly banter, hes well aware it looks like a shit box
eckers90

4th Jun 13 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yu could have had it done by end of play thursday, okay, your bodyshop could have done it? or another, they would have had it repaired and filled ready for paint today, paint in morn, youd have it back tomorrow night?

[Edited on 04-06-2013 by eckers90]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit more of an update, agreed a repair figure with my local garage, went as easy as i could with them and gave em' a trade discount (didnt wanna kick em when they're down) just waiting for them to email me back a confirmation that they will foot the bill and an address they want the invoice made out to, plus they tore up my bill they were gonna charge me for the alternator work

once iv got that sorted will speak to my gaffer about a booking date and get the respray all lined up for the re-fresh

every cloud i suppose...
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like the garage are being properly decent about it. You have to sympathise with them slightly as it wasn't exactly their fault. Glad it's getting sorted apparently hassle free.

MX5 Project Thread
taylorboosh

5th Jun 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, wish more garages had that attitude
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really feel for them, honestly do, but from a legal stand point, it was in their care they are responsible, but they could have easily been shitty about it and told me to sling my hook and claim off my own insurance as a hit and run

Think they were more about keeping me as a customer as they have done a fair bit on the car over the years plus my mum dad sister and brother in laws cars all go there, might take a while to claw this one back....still, least they didn't go through their company insurance and get arse raped when the premium renewal comes round just one of those things, itching to get this booked in with my boss but don't wanna push my luck today he wasn't in the best of moods (not my fault he has a disciplinary prob at one of the other sites, 2 painters don't get on and have been caught pissing in each others water prep buckets haha)
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah well it's in the garage's best interests to deal with it like this. If anything, it'll do their reputation some good as a result. Can't see anything negative being said about them at all.

MX5 Project Thread
JordyCarter

7th Jun 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This exact thing happened to me dad apart from not as serious. The front bumper was all cracked. They were really anal about it for ages but agreed to buy a new bumper and pay for it to be sprayed
Jamie-C

7th Jun 13 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could have that fixed in time for PVS not a bother
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still 50/50 if I'm going PVS now, dad picked the car up today an reckons the gear linkage is playing up again, will have a test drive late tomorrow when I get in a see what it's like as I don't have time tomorrow to sort it....just marvelous
nathy_87

7th Jun 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Gutted for you steve.

As for colour Burnt Orange?

If by this you mean apache gold ( the colour of mine) then no deffo not

Don't want there to be a better ginger mobile out there than mine hahahaha
But seriously mate that's ducking horrible. Looks like it was the corner of a flatbed or something :/

Nope not the same colour as yours (albeit very nice) if Steveo is going to respray it then I meant the first one on this colour chart: http://cdn2.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/shades-of-orange-paint-600x245.png
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sucks but you couldn't ask for better service from the garage.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Christopher

7th Jun 13 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
I wouldn't say never to that garage, It could happen at lots of them, and its not their fault.

I'd make a note saying "Cheers Mr HGV Driver!"

I meant a garage not specifically thier one lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Jun 13 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well bumblebee isn't going to make PVS this year

Just got in and decided to take the car out for a spin....well, went to, couldn't get any gears

Gear linkage proper spat its dummy out, gear stick all loose no time to get it fixed tonight, had enough basically this week, plus just been asked out on a date tomorrow so going to give PVS a miss this year, gutting, but the powers that be just don't want this car to be there, oh well respray is getting organised and bumblebee will be back soon
*CorsaCal*

8th Jun 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way! Its gutting to hear storys like this! All the best with it and im sure ull get it going again.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Jun 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *CorsaCal*
No way! Its gutting to hear storys like this! All the best with it and im sure ull get it going again.

Guess we'll have to have our head to head another time Cal, will be interesting to see who's quickest in a straight line/ round a track

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just my luck before PVS**update-repair costs agreed** 23 database queries in 0.0153151 seconds