corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Testing the water for selling car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Testing the water for selling car
Pip308

User status: Offline
12th Jun 13 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, post up some more pictures

love this car and if i was a squillionair i'd have it to remind me of the good old days when it took more than wheels and lows to mod a car
Pip308

12th Jun 13 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is in a current thread on edition....

Mr Clean

12th Jun 13 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that's a good price tbh, as you see knackered corsa c20let's go for 2.5 3k so this being a grand more an in mint condition with the added bonuses such as decent stereo system, nice interior and a car that could easily fit in with the "scene" again with very little tweaking !

Good luck with the sale daimo, its worth 4k all day!

People who are trying to diss or not like the fact it's 4k are just trying to make it cheaper to buy for themselfs.
Ben G

12th Jun 13 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh so because I think it's overpriced, that means I want to buy the car? Give it a rest
M2RTY

12th Jun 13 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replace bumpers and sideskirt with standard gsi, repray to match

Sell these parts on to cover costs

Sell car
3CorsaMeal

12th Jun 13 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pip308
this is in a current thread on edition....

Don't know what to say
3CorsaMeal

12th Jun 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spose his plate does read DIV
corsa_sean

12th Jun 13 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously considering buying this as may have funds together will pm you later for more info
3CorsaMeal

12th Jun 13 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon someone will buy it, make a few changes, and everyone will be saying how much they like it.
Daimo B

12th Jun 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
Replace bumpers and sideskirt with standard gsi, repray to match

Sell these parts on to cover costs

Sell car

Been there,

Pip Always happy to Hope no-one whinges about picture whoaring now. tbh, Its nice to put them together instead of the umpteen pages on the fotki over the years. Plus Im off work with builders in and the dogs asleep on my lap so give me something to do

Front changes..

Dash

Exhaust/rear.

Engine

Custom washer/header tanks too.

Unfortunately the chromes pitted on the cam cover now, but I've got a standard spare that will be included. Plus we have used some of my old purple XE hoses too now.

Boot. If anyone remembers Carismas R5GTT, the subs are out of that, as the ones he got were not very good. So he swapped them over to top spec ones, and he put her ones in the Renault

Brakes (turbo)

Randoms

I never saw a Saxo spoiler leveled and smoothed so well, ever!! Most sat up in the air and not level, and lots cracked. 5 points for naming the old members face in the background

Some trophies

Some mag shots. Also made MORE magazine, been on 5th Gear on tv.

Oh, and the noise, still love it. But as I've said on the video, tapping the limiter was certainly a one off (my fault, told her to let it rev )!!! In fact I think its the only time its been revved that high ever

Naughty limiter

[Edited on 12-06-2013 by Daimo B]
kennySRi

12th Jun 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My fave corsa of all time. If I was after a decent corsa I'd be buying it. Even if I didn't like the car and wanted a corsa turbo I'd have no worries paying the asking price and selling some parts and make it more subtle.

Get it on eBay and the likes and it will sell.
baza31

13th Jun 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree that alot has been put into it , I remember 10 year ago when kitted corsas was the bees knees and in thing it was probably worth a lot as it was one of the best about .But tbh I don't think you have a hope of getting anywhere near 4k , in fact I would imagine 2k , the market is too small now and 95% of people would feel a total cunt driving it . Put it on eBay it will make what it's worth on there. I think I would advertise without the sound system and sell that separate
taylorboosh

13th Jun 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that video are you really saying it "left" an e46 m3? Flol

That corsa must weigh more than the moon.... No chance
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jun 13 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He says lots of things in videos "boys have fun" is another.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Jun 13 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4k is possible i'd say, like everyone says put it on ebay/pistonheads/whatever and see who fancies a go. Splitting such a piece of corsa modified history would be a great shame but would save you from seeing pictures of it wrapped round a tree or completely fucked, just like JagCorsa.
3CorsaMeal

13th Jun 13 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rent it out to tv shows imo earn some money from it. Could even be a film that car.
Daimo B

13th Jun 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
In that video are you really saying it "left" an e46 m3? Flol

That corsa must weigh more than the moon.... No chance

Yup, it did. I doubt the driver could drive for toffee tbh, young rich Indian lad in an E46 M3. Got right up behind her, generally driving like a tit. We were cruising home from a show. Knocked it down a few gears, nailed it, he tried to keep pace, by which point we'd left him. Laughed when he tried it again further down the motorway. Could have been in the wrong gear etc, but he certainly tried. Corsa weighs a lot, but also a lot less than an M3. Tbh, you can believe it, or not, its no real bother, it was like 8+ years ago

Steve, what video is this, you keep mentioning it, but never heard of that vid? Is that you trolling again? I quote also... See I've got so much I could rip the micky out of you for, but I'm not as lame as you

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Had enough of this trolling

Irony....

Willay, it would be a shame to see it ruined, and that was one of the reasons she never wanted to sell, but as we dont go to the shows anymore, I doubt we'd see it again. It would be financially better to strip, but effort I'd have to put in over money gained, just not worth it for us. Too much going on with life really. I'd love it to go to an owner who'd enjoy it too, but no-one could put the love in we both have to the car. Hey, you've got a big barn, fancy a new project. haha
taylorboosh

13th Jun 13 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An e46 m3 also has 340bhp lol its not that i think an e46 m3 would destroy that corsa, i do however think it would be faster.. Sooo he must be a shit driver
Daimo B

13th Jun 13 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, but dont forget, a stage 2 VXR will outpace an M3 on mid range acceleration, and thats got much less power, but more weight than the corsa.

LET corsas are fricking quick in gear. Destroy XE's in a silly way (got another vid on my page). I reckon our Corsa will weigh about 1100kg odd tops.

Im not silly its no supercar at all, but in the right gear, right revs, theres not much that will keep up to around a ton (just dont start from anything below 30mph ).

But yeah, doubt he could drive for poop. I mean who drives a brand new M3 with gold tissue box in the rear window, bearly being able to see over the wheel
taylorboosh

13th Jun 13 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was around 8 years ago im guessing a rich asain...

Ive been in let corsas and astra vxrs albeit not mapped.. Always thought they had too much power for fwd so could never achieve thier potential
Daimo B

13th Jun 13 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off the line for sure, awful. I didn't find the VXR to bad, if given hard beans with TC on it kicked in (standard) of the go, but when running it was fine. Even this "torque steer" was BS, it pulled slightly, but something you could control with 1 finger it was that light. I guess a remapped one would suffer more, but doubtful its that bad really.

Corsa though, scrabble scrabble scrabble for grip from standstill. But thats what makes them so fun. That said I doubt ours has seen over 110mph and never driven in anger from the off, even at pod. It was a show car with some go in it, but not a race car. But I've been in all sorts in my younger years, 300+bhp LET's, 250bhp XE's, allsorts, and the LET is the most looney concentrate car (XE was just awesome, LuckyB's).
corsa120

13th Jun 13 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think wats happening here is the fact yes In theory it is top quality and does have well specced parts but the corsa b is becoming a dead car now I stripped my xe and I really struggled to get rid of some parts and I had to let things go for very low money like steiny skirts £20 or else id been left with them!!!

there is a lad selling a 350bhp let corsa b round my way with house of kolor respray etc etc good parts an well specced and he is looking for 2k which I believe is still a lot for a car 15 years old with no real credentials about it i.e its not a mk1 golf, cars like corsa's needed to be modified with the end result being you lose a lot of money sad fact but very true!
corsa-torque

13th Jun 13 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I ask where you got the front top mount covers?
Daimo B

13th Jun 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had them custom made with the header tank and washer fluid tank.
corsa-torque

13th Jun 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the reply, can you remember who made them?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Testing the water for selling car 22 database queries in 0.0177400 seconds