corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How far would £1,000,000 get you?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How far would £1,000,000 get you?
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jul 13 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh... I'd also over dose on Rum and Haribo's... before wasting my last £1k on sexy tool to use on Russ!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Lee_fr200

26th Jul 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could last me forever as I'd live off the interest I'd continue to work too
JonnyJ

26th Jul 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy 1,000,000 lottery tickets and hope for the best
Russ

26th Jul 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14/1 chance JJ .... not bad odds
Russ

26th Jul 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
ohh... I'd also over dose on Rum and Haribo's... before wasting my last £1k on sexy tool to use on Russ!
JonnyJ

26th Jul 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
14/1 chance JJ .... not bad odds

he who dares, wins. Sometimes
Gavin
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Gavin

that was meant to say 'sexy toys' but I've had a too much Rum after the gym, its gone straight to my head

pew pew pew pewwwww
drunkenfool

26th Jul 13 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would pay off my mortgage and spend the rest on cars and a bigger fish tank lol
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would blow the best of £1M in no time really

- 2x properties in my local area - 1x to live in, 1x to rent - £600-800k
- 2 or 3x cars - something flash, and a couple of sensible-ish but decent daily drives - one each for me and missus
- Clear debts - £4k for me and missus' Student Loan

Would have a bit of change, but not a massive amount. No way would either of us be able to stop working.

Cavey

26th Jul 13 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd buy the neighbours house and pay drunkenfool to turn it into an aquarium
Dom

26th Jul 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
whoever says £1m isnt life changing is a bell end...

Surely it depends on your definition of 'life changing'?

In my opinion, life changing is the point where you don't have to worry about money and it changes your lifestyle. To the average middle class joe, a million would certainly sweeten your life - bigger house/pay off mortgage, nicer car, few brilliant holidays - but you'd still need (not out of choice) to work and you'd still worry about money at some point.

Personally with a million, the smarter option would be to stick it in a savings account and use the interest to sweeten your current lifestyle or use it for investments and attempt to grow the million.

[Edited on 26-07-2013 by Dom]
ed

26th Jul 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you were to spend the money on somewhere to live, not having to pay a rent or mortgage would be pretty life changing. Having a large sum of money to sweeten your retirement would be pretty life changing too. Having that sort of money given to you could unlock so many things that could change your life.
CORSA NUT

26th Jul 13 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people on here have no idea about what money brings and what effect it has on your life.

I'd have no stress etc?? I can assure you you'd have stress but of a completely different kind.

Money changes your life completely and if you're not willing to change with it, or don't have the mental strength to cope with it you can be back to square one in a worse shape than when you began. Most of the time with far less friends and family around you.

But good luck tonight anyway
CORSA NUT

26th Jul 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw this is coming from experience, albeit not £1 million but a lot of money.
Jay

26th Jul 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£300k on a house, Lambo, C63 AMG for every day, Abarth 500 for the missus, then a bit to close family and sit pretty on the rest still working etc, I already work for myself in the building trade so would probably buy wrecks and do them up to sell on/rent out!
Marc

26th Jul 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were discussing this at work today!

I'd bank it for a year and use the interest. I wouldn't give up work. My job is hardly stressful and I don't mind it. Certainly wouldn't be splashing the cash with £1m thats for sure.
John

26th Jul 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Things like that I can't process.

Pretty average 300k house then a 100k lambo? Supercars also aren't cheap to run.
If you bought anything extravagant with 1mil (excluding paying off a mortgage, that could free up a considerable monthly sum) you'll very quickly run out.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
£300k on a house, Lambo, C63 AMG for every day, Abarth 500 for the missus

Nowt' like sharing the wealth

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Pretty average 300k house then a 100k lambo? Supercars also aren't cheap to run.
If you bought anything extravagant with 1mil (excluding paying off a mortgage, that could free up a considerable monthly sum) you'll very quickly run out.

That's sort of what I'm getting at with my "blow it all but keep working" thing. I don't literally mean piss it all away, but I could get a really solid house in a really solid area (think 400-500k) and work mortgage free.

I could then feasibly get a 2-300k supercar (or whatever) outright and run it on my salary if I wanted providing I didn't have more important overheads... like a house.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jay

26th Jul 13 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

£300k would get me a not too shabby house in Liverpool. Once in a lifetime thing, one of the first things I'd buy is a lambo.
Jay

26th Jul 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Jay
£300k on a house, Lambo, C63 AMG for every day, Abarth 500 for the missus

Nowt' like sharing the wealth

She's not into cars she thinks anything that makes a noise or looks flash is cringey she'd genuinly be happy with a £1500 beetle.
Ben D

26th Jul 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would most likely go travelling straight away for a couple of months, and if i found a place with a better quality of life than where I live now I would probably contemplate moving there and I wouldn't quit my job either as I quite enjoy it and we're in 220 countries so I could most likely get a transfer to most places, Switzerland would be tempting as I love it there.

Otherwise If I did stay here I would probably just buy a nice house out in the sticks, a new 535D M sport as an everyday car as it's still kinda practical at 50mpg yet with 313bhp and then something ridiculous for weekends.

And although I enjoy my job If i were to do something else I would just find a job in a sector I enjoy or doing something worthwhile, maybe go and train to be a probation officer and help turn some lives around?

You see so many idiots in the news who spunk away fortunes larger than this.
DaSess

26th Jul 13 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i definatly dont think a million would be enough to retire but for me personally would be life changing.
I wouldnt stay at the job where i'm currently working but would carry on working.
Would start by buying a house, nice car, give a bit to friends and family make sure there all ok, take the mrs on a holiday or 2, then goto college/uni and learn a trade i would enjoy doing as a job.
CORSA NUT

26th Jul 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw you'll all be paying tax on your savings. Just so you know.
Cavey

26th Jul 13 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lottery is tax free? Does it accrue tax when put in savings then?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How far would £1,000,000 get you? 23 database queries in 0.0168951 seconds