corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mates turbo blew on dyno...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mates turbo blew on dyno...
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
30th Aug 13 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any more info about the golf in that spam photo? Looks smart
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update...

Sedox fitted a new (rebuilt) turbo for £650 and all is well 140-odd bhp...

Hmmmnn
Steve
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they broke it then charged him to fix it? seems reasonable.
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 13 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if you had been driving your "mates" golf taylorboosh, and the turbo went cat-d. Would you pay for it?
Steve
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
So they broke it then charged him to fix it? seems reasonable.

Did they though, or did it break when it was there?
Steve
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shut the fuck up Robin you liberal cunt, you will say anything to impress your tree hugging mates.
alan-g-w

30th Aug 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
What if you had been driving your "mates" golf taylorboosh, and the turbo went cat-d. Would you pay for it?

No, but if id been living with my "mam" and was a ginger virgin, id expect her to buy me hair dye
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 13 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what you are saying is, it's the parts fault it expired and its up to the owner to pay for it if you had been driving? So what's the difference with it expiring while being mapped? Same principal really. It could have failed the next day without being mapped etc etc etc. just seems like you want to make Internet slander without any actual knowledge of what it is you are talking about tbh.
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because i wouldnt be playing out with WOT, timing and fuel settings whilst i was driving it.... Nor would i be running a mates car to redline..

Of course you own a corsa that can go fast up a quarter mile, you must be right "mate"
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 13 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see why you resort to abuse, it just shows how little knowledge of the subject you started you actually have.
Ben G

30th Aug 13 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:

No, but if id been living with my "mam" and was a ginger virgin, id expect her to buy me hair dye

You forgot to mention his obsession with mountain bikes.
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing i ever bought ben, way more fun and rewarding than anything car related.
3CorsaMeal

30th Aug 13 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard alot of these groups of biking men stop off in forests and wank each other off. Its all a big conspiracy. Keep an eye out for that. Could be a chance to lose your virginity.
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 13 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probsbly more of a road biker thing that so im safe. thanks for the warning.
Lee_fr200

30th Aug 13 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200
I had my car 'live mapped' by awesome gti was v.quick but shortly after my turbo blew up at 36k miles and j100rsa even found bits of the turbo as far back as the airbox with some in the intercooler, now runs a garret turbo, since been to specky at RStuning and they looked at the mapping which I've been told was absolute dog shite, so couldn't be bothered with the hassle and just got a standard map on there now

[Edited on 30-08-2013 by Lee_fr200]

In fairness, every mapper in the country will tell you someone else's work is crap.

I agree but RStuning weren't mapping the car for me they were just returning it to standard map
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
probsbly more of a road biker thing that so im safe. thanks for the warning.

You have a road bike too?
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i dont see why you resort to abuse, it just shows how little knowledge of the subject you started you actually have.

Obviously i dont know huge amounts about mapping cars, hense why i started a thread...

If i knew i wouldnt ask
micra_pete
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road biking you saaay?
Colin

30th Aug 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its a 100bhp derv iir mate..

quote:
Couldnt tell you mate? Made 140 bhp then... Bang

40% increase in power, theres the problem there. It wont be rated to that surly!?
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 150 bhp golf made 230? And was fine?
Rtech

31st Aug 13 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BKD turbos with over 110k there is a 70% chance it will fail straight away, they are cheese and that extra 100mb is enough to snap the shaft on thr compressor side near the bearing. Had one last Friday with 118k which failed after 2 power runs. I have just turned away a 116k BKD for remap.. Told him to wait unit he has a new turbo. A lot of early BKD engine shat there turbo stock less than 45k.... Everyone with BKD and original turbo needs to know there is a risk of going pop!!!

Most people going for remap don't just book into a tuner for a map not knowing the risks of there setup/engine and mileage ect, most tuners will all state the risk of tuning an early BKD engine and will point out there is a good chance it will pop an old weak turbo straight away. Give the customer thr option to take a risk or go Away and be preemptive and install a new turbo for mapping.

I the case of blaming the tuner, the tuner knows the safe runnin limits of healthy hardware, I will make boost /power reduction when tuning older cars to give it extra head room, but if any part of the hardware is hanging on for it's dear life then boooom the map will highlight it, same with a clutch and clamping force, the car has 100k and engine torque 250lbft stock, the old clutch is hanging on well and not slipping because it's still got around 280lbft clamping force left. But as soon as the car gets tune for 30lbft+ the clutch will slip.... Now is this the tuners fault the clutch is slipping? Or is it one of them things that's expected with high miles and tuning? Same with the tubo?

If the car was new with 5-6k and then the turbo blew, then it's room to have tuner doubts.

At thr end of thr day remapping, tuning, aiming for power over stock is a risk full stop and the risk is for the owner to take. The tuners can advise on the risks and help with damage limitation.

Nick :-)
Steve
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really much to argue with there, however we are talking about Dave a here, a proven dodgy cunt. I highly doubt there would have been any risk prescribed to the owner before hand.

John can clarify that though. If he signed paperwork then he has no leg to stand on either

[Edited on 31-08-2013 by Steve]
BarnshaW

31st Aug 13 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

putting aside his non-genuine genuine BCA induction kits was he not fairly competent and did know his stuff?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mates turbo blew on dyno... 22 database queries in 0.0094321 seconds