corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » White cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author White cars
BYRON

User status: Offline
27th May 14 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some recent analysis somewhere of new car registration volume by exterior colour. Iirc silver was still most popular. Will dig it out and upload tomorrow
baza31

27th May 14 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a white one and fuck me it's a pain in the arse to keep clean . You can literally drive out of car wash and drive two minutes down road and there is mud or dust or bugs all over place. I personally think white looks great but I don't think I would get another white motor for that reason
Tiger

28th May 14 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read somewhere that white is the cheapest colour of paint to buy, hence why most commercial vehicles are white. But silver is more desirable.
corb

28th May 14 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, Citroen charge £200 for solid white on a C1 Quite common practice now too. White is rarely a no cost option at the moment. Why? Because they can

And yep, as mentioned, white started getting fashionable again when the mk5 golf gti came out on all the magazine covers in white back in circa 2006
mwg

28th May 14 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
I bought a white one and fuck me it's a pain in the arse to keep clean . You can literally drive out of car wash and drive two minutes down road and there is mud or dust or bugs all over place. I personally think white looks great but I don't think I would get another white motor for that reason

Splattered flies do show up badly. Not had any mud on it yet, just general road grime and you can't tell how dirty it is until you run your finger on it to reveal the clean paint beneath Seems a lot better than dark coloured cars for keeping clean so far to be honest
3CorsaMeal

28th May 14 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think colour trends are set by american hip hop stars.
ed

28th May 14 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neoquip

31st May 14 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
My missus wants a white car. I don't want a white car because in a year or so it'll be impossible to sell I reckon

Back in the mid 90's I wanted a White 316i (E36) BMW, trader said no one wants white.. but I have a red one!!!
I went elsewhere and got the white car I wanted. Two weeks later the dealer that tried to get me to go red have a white car on the forecourt... it sold that week!!!!

I have a White STi.. as that's what I wanted.
But now Knowing about car wrappping, I happily buy a car in a colour no one wants and get it wrapped (about £1500) in a colour I do want.
http://pwpro.co.uk/vinyl-wrapping#.U4l9kfmwLOo

When I was looking for my White Sti, I was offered a Silver one.. right price.. right low mileage. But it wasn't White!! it was £4k less than I bought my White one for (as white commanded the premium!)
I could have had it wrapped satin white and still had change :/
boomtings1

1st Jun 14 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe in the future every car will be white as it looks clean, the government will make it compulsory. And everything else will be white not just cars. Like in the future everyone will be kept in line and you cant take a shit without them knowing. Just a theory, I watch too much tv.
Ben G

1st Jun 14 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You smoke too much weed. Thats your problem.
kz

2nd Jun 14 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every car suits a different colour. I think the Mk6 Fiesta ST looks really fresh in white, but the Mk7 doesn't work, much better in a darker colour!

I want blue or red next though, I've had boring colours all in a row... white Impreza, grey R5 and silver 182.
SXI - Matt

2nd Jun 14 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always loved and had black cars as when clean and looked after you can't beat the finish and shine, saying that I'm collecting my new car tomorrow and have gone for white, hoping I won't regret it but it suites white more then black.

[Edited on 02-06-2014 by SXI - Matt]
Ben G

2nd Jun 14 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Every car suits a different colour. I think the Mk6 Fiesta ST looks really fresh in white, but the Mk7 doesn't work, much better in a darker colour!

I want blue or red next though, I've had boring colours all in a row... white Impreza, grey R5 and silver 182.

Whilst I agree the st looks great in darker colours, my mate has a white one and it looks fantastic.
whitter45

2nd Jun 14 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz

exactly this - not all cars suit white
3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 14 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New cars suit white as the panels gaps and quality of manufacturing is much better these days.

White corrados looks awful as i think the darker and pearlescent colours distract the eye from the gaps and crappy plastic parts.

Also wondering the other day, i remember people speccing colour coded bumpers back in the day, does any car come with grey plastic bumpers anymore, can't think of any.
Ben G

2nd Jun 14 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gt86 poverty spec edition and vans.
GB123
Premium Member

2nd Jun 14 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Gt86 poverty spec edition

Only if you live in Japan.
GB123
Premium Member

2nd Jun 14 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dacia duster and sandero do however.
Ben G

2nd Jun 14 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Gt86 poverty spec edition

Only if you live in Japan.

He didn't specify which country it had to be sold in.
GB123
Premium Member

2nd Jun 14 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok the tata nano does as well then.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » White cars 22 database queries in 0.0155931 seconds