corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Halal . How is it legal?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halal . How is it legal?
Dom

User status: Offline
28th Mar 14 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Best place for a cat is the bin.

such a simple minded fool.

Hammer has a point though
alan-g-w

28th Mar 14 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
you said towel heads means sikhs, not me

I never said you did? I was making point that was nothing to do with you
Tomnova16
Premium Member

28th Mar 14 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Weird thing is that it's Muslims who eat halal, the 'towel heads' I'm assuming's directed towards guys who wear turbans - Sikhs, who are not allowed to eat any meat killed in a ritualistic way.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
alan-g-w

28th Mar 14 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again, that comment had nothing to do with you. I don't know what point you're trying to make
sc0ott

28th Mar 14 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

baza31

29th Mar 14 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that went slightly off topic . Who is in charge of which methods should be used and who has said these methods are ok? Also after all that I ate a curry last night I had visions of the cows throat getting cut . Then this conversation was the topic of the meal
Nic Barnes

29th Mar 14 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as it's dead, I can't really see it tasting much different so don't see why it matters so much
baza31

29th Mar 14 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose it depends on principles . If you don't care about the animal getting killed in the way they do it then it won't bother you .Tbh I never give a shit either but after witnessing that last week it made me think . Unfortunately the part of the country where I live it's very hard to avoid halal . Especially when I am a last minute eater and use takeaways a lot . Either way it needs banning . My opinion without sounding racist is that no one dare challenge them . I wouldn't gaf if they killed the animal in a proper fashion and played it a cd and then called it halal but cutting the fuckers throat off whilst raising it by one leg is wrong
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 14 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your right, noone will say fuck all to them in fear of been branded a racist. Not eating halal anywhere would be hard, it's everywhere now.
John

29th Mar 14 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to move elsewhere, still not came across one place I would be forced to eat halal.
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 14 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you know it wasn't halal?
John

29th Mar 14 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There would be no market for it.

They could have randomly bought halal and I wouldn't know right enough.
taylorboosh

29th Mar 14 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh by the time i buy it, its already been killed in which ever way. Not eating it means it was even more of a waste.

[Edited on 29-03-2014 by taylorboosh]
Nic Barnes

29th Mar 14 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Suppose it depends on principles . If you don't care about the animal getting killed in the way they do it then it won't bother you .Tbh I never give a shit either but after witnessing that last week it made me think . Unfortunately the part of the country where I live it's very hard to avoid halal . Especially when I am a last minute eater and use takeaways a lot . Either way it needs banning . My opinion without sounding racist is that no one dare challenge them . I wouldn't gaf if they killed the animal in a proper fashion and played it a cd and then called it halal but cutting the fuckers throat off whilst raising it by one leg is wrong
is it really any more wrong than bolt gun or however else they are killed otherwise? they are bred for slaughter. to be consumed by us humans. they die, we eat.
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 14 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but at least give the animal the respect it deserves.

Cavey

29th Mar 14 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm half and half on this whole subject. I like animals, enjoy nature etc... And would want them treated nicely. But as Nic said, they're only alive because we bred them to die, so at the same time, that's what they were made for, they shouldn't suffer, and I would hope the meat I eat died quickly and as painlessly as possible, but in the end, I don't see it, I just eat it.
Dave

29th Mar 14 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, nothing shows respect quite like electrocuting it, hauling it up by one leg, slitting it's throat then taking off to be chopped up. I know that's how I'd want to go.
Nic Barnes

29th Mar 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its still slaughter though, no matter which way its done, its no form of respect at all?
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 14 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is though. We need them to live so the least we can do it quickly and humanly
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Mar 14 at 01:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breeding them to die isn't relevant.

Watch the two techniques side by side.

Humane slaughter, the animals walk through a door, bolt gun to the head, dead in a split second.

Halal and frankly bullshit, they're clearly very much aware of the suffering in the time leading up to death, there is clearly immense pain during the slitting and some considerable agony for a prolonged period of time afterwards. Utterly despicable in modern society but this country is too faggy to outlaw it for fear offending the barbaric bastards.

Bred for meat is one thing, I'm all for being the superior race and eating things beneath me in the food chain, but at no point would I see anything suffer. And I particularly wouldn't be deliberately doing in the name of a man in the sky.

Its disgraceful and every single normal person should be absolutely against it.
neil h

30th Mar 14 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Your right, noone will say fuck all to them in fear of been branded a racist. Not eating halal anywhere would be hard, it's everywhere now.

So clearly the vast majority don't actually care that much and just like the opportunity for a bit of Muslim bashing. The people that really care and are prepared to stand up for animal rights wouldn't bat an eye lid at being potentially branded racist just because they stood up for something.

[Edited on 30-03-2014 by neil h]
JordyCarter

30th Mar 14 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian pretty much hit the nail on the head
Gavin
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its' 2014, we have methods to ease the pain and suffering of animals... let fooking use them!
You wouldn't put a dog to sleep by slitting its throat

As for the religion component of this conversation, I don't believe in a God, I believe in science and that we are not alone in this vast universe. I actually believe (if I'm pushed to have a believe) that Alien's created man (Prometheus style )... hey, us human's have already shown the ability to 'create life' via scientific methods (cloning animals, messing about at a genetic level etc). So it can't be too far fetched to believe an alien being created mankind, and not sure guy up with a white beard in the clouds.

My point is, I have believe but I don't let them rule my life style. I don't eat certain foods, dress a certain way or spend my Sunday's worshipping a 'greater being'. Imagine if I turned to work wearing a tin on my head - because it's part of my religion!

Coming back on topic. Religion scares the shit out of me as it provides an excuse for people to act in a certain way or perform actions such as allowing animals to suffer because it complies with their believes

Anyway.... I'm off to General Chat, all this religion talk is making me sound like a right

pew pew pew pewwwww
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Religion also makes you walk around in pyjamas

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ben G

30th Mar 14 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Halal . How is it legal? 23 database queries in 0.0131569 seconds