corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » so this whole Clarkson n word thing....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author so this whole Clarkson n word thing....
Ben G

User status: Offline
3rd May 14 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read the whole thing before you decide to quote someone elses bollocks, please.
GB123
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Christ,

Obviously I meant white french people

[Edited on 03-05-2014 by Ben G]

Wasn't going to bother replying but here goes.

That's nothing to do with their skin colour though, that's insulting their nationality, which you do not share.

So you can't use the argument that you're the same as them so it's ok.
Tiger

3rd May 14 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Read the whole thing before you decide to quote someone elses bollocks, please.

You obviously didn't spot it then, thank you please.
tom130691
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:
Christ,

Obviously I meant white french people

[Edited on 03-05-2014 by Ben G]

Wasn't going to bother replying but here goes.

That's nothing to do with their skin colour though, that's insulting their nationality, which you do not share.

So you can't use the argument that you're the same as them so it's ok.

so calling people a paki, is that insulting their race or nationality?
GB123
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their race, as 9 times out of 10 the people being called pakis aren't even from Pakistan.
Ben G

3rd May 14 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have official figures to back your statement up?
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 14 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Your mind will pick up on it because you've been told it sounds like he said it, not because you actually heard it.

No, my mind heard him say it because mumble or otherwise, that's the world he chose and that's what he said.

Are you seriously telling me that from the vast list of words sounding like that, he aimed to use a different one, but mumbled anyway?

Don't tell me, he was intending to say naggers, but in some clever plot twist the square turned around and an I appeared? Making all us racist people look silly?

What a loa* of b****cks

[Edited on 03-05-2014 by Ian]
JordyCarter

3rd May 14 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does sound like he says it! People saying he doesnt say it... what are you claiming he is saying otherwise? because it certainly isnt tiger etc, and tbh ben people who are claiming its something else are also hearing that because they dont want to believe it it works both ways pal
Nic Barnes

3rd May 14 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is actually offended by it?
Cavey

3rd May 14 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Who is actually offended by it?

Niggers?

But seriously. The league of super black lawyers, overly PC twats, people trying to sell papers? No one who's opinion should matter though
Nic Barnes

3rd May 14 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to have offended white people more.
Cavey

3rd May 14 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's because black people aren't allowed a voice in the media
alan-g-w

3rd May 14 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm of the opinion that a word is a word, that if one 'race' is allowed to use it, all should. Unfortunately that's not how vocabulary works though - a news broadcaster on TV won't say 'there was a fucking huge explosion in Damascus today' instead of 'there was a massive explosion in Damascus today', the same way they won't say 'a nigger in Bristol won an award today for outstanding contribution to the community'. I mean come on to fuck people, anyone arguing nigger is not an offensive word needs their head checked. As said, I don't agree, but I don't know why there are so many people in here claiming that nigger is a word that can be used quite legitimately on TV. And for anyone wanting to then claim it was just a take and wouldn't be shown on TV - ask yourself why?
Cavey

3rd May 14 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion, for the little it is worth, its entierley due to context. If I say "what up nigger?" To a friend then it means nothing. I'd I say "those fucking lazy niggers" then it is offensive. As clarkson said it, it means very little, he mumbled a nursery rhyme, and even asked for it to be taken out of the footage for the fear of someone possibly finding it offensive. He didn't mean it in an offensive way, but was wary of the fact that some tosser would be offended of fake offended for the sake of it
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 14 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wasn't used on TV though - that clip was never broadcast.
alan-g-w

3rd May 14 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is my point Cavey - the guy who said it knows it could be offensive to some people. This leads me to question why people are trying to legitimise it.
Russ

3rd May 14 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody who doesn't think he should get the sack, come with me to wolverhampton and you say the word in whatever context you like on a night out.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 14 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to any town and call someone a prick.
Russ

3rd May 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Go to any town and call someone a prick.
doesn't work for me as I'm a fucking tank

Edit - also, what's that got to do with anything? Prick isn't racist.

[Edited on 03-05-2014 by Russ]
Marc

3rd May 14 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard that you are such a machine that you just shit out protein.
Ben G

3rd May 14 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ is the equivilent of an electronic pooper scooper.
Russ

3rd May 14 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm basically Stay Puft Man
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Of course he said nigger.

Of course that isn't racist.

He travels the world, probably meets a great many people from a great many races and cultures and I'm sure his attitude to those people is absolutely fine.

If he traveled the world treating the people he meets with actual contempt then go hang on that as racism.

If he said he's not having any niggers in his audience then that's obviously newsworthy.

If he did a book signing and refused someone because they were a nigger then lets hear about that.

I don't know the guy, I don't know how he acts off camera but I would hope that his experience of actually having left the house and spent some time in places where he's the minority would have given him at least some appreciation that its acceptable that other people are alive and are just other regular people with different genes.

There are two facets to this story - the fact that the is a large amount of history between him and that newspaper and the fact it has legs because most of this country are either too soft or too naive to actually understand the issues.

It'll go far as news, he'll be forced to apologise for the sake of appeasing all the liberal cunts whose idea of democracy is having a cry until they get their way. Unfortunately some of them are in positions of power and lots of them work for the BBC.

He'd do better saying so what, I substituted the word 'tiger' for 'nigger' because I was just being flippant and thought it might have been funnier to me.

I see now there are quotes saying he loathes the word and asked for it to be removed etc. etc.

Why even lie? You said it, you were trying to be funny, it wasn't funny, it wasn't appropriate for broadcast. The end.

Such a non-story.

well said

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
MoesTavern

4th May 14 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque
How come rappers can say Nigger and no-one says a word about it

Probably because they are black themselves

That makes it ok to say then?

I can be racist to white people simply by taking the piss out of French people.

Not really, French is a nationality rather than a race so you'd be xenophobic rather than racist.

'Nigger' in the pejorative sense is different from the 'nigga' that black people tend to use between themselves, not sure why but it's always been like that.

Gary
Premium Member

4th May 14 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is zero difference between nigger and nigga.

At te end of the day who gives a fuck! So what if someone's offended. Unlucky. Nobody died ffs.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » so this whole Clarkson n word thing.... 23 database queries in 0.0186079 seconds