corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scary experiences at work?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scary experiences at work?
Ben G

User status: Offline
9th Jul 14 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Not dangerous but had to kick a downsie out my shop for openly masterbating on the shop floor to our adult section dvd's

Wtf quote of the year, surely?
Ben G

9th Jul 14 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Some fucking weirdo once shit all over the floor and threw it all over the walls aswell as filling the toilet up with sodden shit stained toilet paper

We had someone who kept shitting on the floor

We had someone putting shitty toilet paper behind the toilet, where the u bend is fucking stunk.
Tiger

9th Jul 14 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get bogey wall wipers at work, fuck knows why they have to stick them to the walls like trophies, some of them are impressive dimensions though.
Ojc

9th Jul 14 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
once I had to do some work

Pmsl
Ste
Premium Member

9th Jul 14 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was in the RAF I was working in America on detachment and was doing a see-off on a Harrier GR7. Got the jet fired up and then had to wait ages to get it out due to some other issue and the jet caught fire, had flames licking out the top of the engine bay doors. The thing had live bombs, missiles and rockets on board. I gave the pilot the fire signal and he shut down, jumped out and ran away, I emptied my fire lance into it and the fire didn't stop. Two minutes later the USAF fire truck was there and doused it in foam.

Might not sound that scary, but being there with a jet fully laden with weapons and fuel stood 3 feet away with a bottle of CO2 got my heart rate up.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Butler

10th Jul 14 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might not sound that scary? Got my heart rate up just reading it.
Roffo

10th Jul 14 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
When I was in the RAF I was working in America on detachment and was doing a see-off on a Harrier GR7. Got the jet fired up and then had to wait ages to get it out due to some other issue and the jet caught fire, had flames licking out the top of the engine bay doors. The thing had live bombs, missiles and rockets on board. I gave the pilot the fire signal and he shut down, jumped out and ran away, I emptied my fire lance into it and the fire didn't stop. Two minutes later the USAF fire truck was there and doused it in foam.

Might not sound that scary, but being there with a jet fully laden with weapons and fuel stood 3 feet away with a bottle of CO2 got my heart rate up.

Just won the thread.
Dan
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 04:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not me personally but a guy at work was replacing some spring pins on a lorry. The usual method we did was to take the caps off and jack the leaf spring down with a 10ton bottle jack. He hadn't seated it correctly and while stood next to it, the jack came out at a very high speed and cracked him on the head. He was in hospital for weeks. Seeing the mess made was rather disturbing.

We also had some guys doing the sky lights in the workshop on a scaffold tower. One was up top, another at the bottom. They decided it was easier to push it around with a man up top. However they pushed the tower straight into the pit and the guy fell straight into the pit. Amazingly he got up and walked away with no real injury :/

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Seany

10th Jul 14 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a few, when working on the forth rail bridge a lad dropped a 20ft scaff tube from the top which over 300ft. it bounced off a scaffolding railing that was set up and went about 100ft out into the water.
when walking on to the bridge one morning we saw a guy with no shoes on and a rucksack walking towards us, he waved and said hi and then lept over the side. that was pretty grim. Unfortunately it happens all the time they just dont mention it in the news or papers to stop people doing the same.
Gary
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selfish prick.
3CorsaMeal

10th Jul 14 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Faulty parachute maybe?
johnny86
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
My worst moment I dropped my scaffold spanner 60ft hit the safety fan bounced off hit a woman on the head. Needless the say she was knocked out. My public lialiability went up and I lost my job

Why was she so close underneath where you were working?

Also why would you have your own public liability insurance when employed by a company, unless you were subcontracting to them of course?

always had my own public liability as I was self employed and sub contracting work for differnt companies then I became pay as you earn sondidnt need it.
johnny86
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Fucky boom boom?

oh yes old best friend... id upload a pic of her as she is fit but my partner has access to photobucket and the questions will follow
tom130691
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Fucky boom boom?

oh yes old best friend... id upload a pic of her as she is fit but my partner has access to photobucket and the questions will follow

make another account or send to willays host site
johnny86
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you can go on google images and search Kirsty Drynan..
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dropping a vending machine on a car I saw it lean, tried to stop it but I had no chance. I ended up on my back at the side of the car whilst the vending machine landed on the bootlid. Car ended up getting wrote off.
Jay

10th Jul 14 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cutting brickslip tiles with a 6" grinder and the genny ran out of petrol, put the grinder on the bench and waited for one of the lads to fill it up and turn it back on, grinder burst into life cause I hadnt switched it off shot off the bench and into my leg, sliced right down my pants and boot and bounced round for a second until I got the bright idea to stand on it shit meself at the time, but didnt have a scratch on me, very lucky.
SVM 286

10th Jul 14 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a 911 on my hand once, for much longer than is strictly good for you. Because my boss was a snow blowing fuckwit.

Nearly passed out from the pain. Thought I was going to lose all my fingers on that hand.
SVM 286

10th Jul 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Ste, you win every bloody time!!!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In going to change mine. Spring slipping out of the spring clamps at full compression with my had ontop holding the snap of buzz gun, that actually got the roof.
Poo'd
Lee_fr200

10th Jul 14 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a van full of pikeys jump out at doncaster race course with machetes ended up getting away but shit myself when they lobbed one and it literally just missed the side of the car (they must have followed me around my work and assumed I had cash on me)!!!

Another customer that owed me money I went into their premises in Sheffield and on the table were everything from large knives to guns automatic firearms and what looked to be grenades and there's me asking some much bigger and clearly loony ppl for money, yeah they're scary days in my job. Another scary night was receiving a phone call from one of our other guys who was on a site in selby saying the landlord had locked him in the premises and was threatening to kill him (I heard it over the Fne too) I had to go out to selby to either try n calm the situation or end up in fisticuffs (my missus actually fell out with me for going) when I was there I went in and sure enough the guy was mouthing off at me also with a metal bar and 2 staffs bull terriers which were clearly not looked after and had scars all over their faces, luckily i managed to get everything we needed and there was no fighting but still an arse clenching moment!
Another story is my dad was up a ladder at work and the ladder slid with him on it, somehow managed to run under the ladder and catch it with him on it and it was from around the height of a normal house tbh
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200
Got a van full of pikeys jump out at doncaster race course with machetes ended up getting away but shit myself when they lobbed one and it literally just missed the side of the car (they must have followed me around my work and assumed I had cash on me)!!!

Another customer that owed me money I went into their premises in Sheffield and on the table were everything from large knives to guns automatic firearms and what looked to be grenades and there's me asking some much bigger and clearly loony ppl for money, yeah they're scary days in my job. Another scary night was receiving a phone call from one of our other guys who was on a site in selby saying the landlord had locked him in the premises and was threatening to kill him (I heard it over the Fne too) I had to go out to selby to either try n calm the situation or end up in fisticuffs (my missus actually fell out with me for going) when I was there I went in and sure enough the guy was mouthing off at me also with a metal bar and 2 staffs bull terriers which were clearly not looked after and had scars all over their faces, luckily i managed to get everything we needed and there was no fighting but still an arse clenching moment!
Another story is my dad was up a ladder at work and the ladder slid with him on it, somehow managed to run under the ladder and catch it with him on it and it was from around the height of a normal house tbh

Wtf do you do....
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 05:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dirty cop.

MX5 Project Thread
taylorboosh

11th Jul 14 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My work van rolled down a hill into a parked nissan
spencer88

11th Jul 14 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a papercut once, pretty painful if I am honest.

Orange squirted juice in my eye when I tried peeling it.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scary experiences at work? 23 database queries in 0.0159750 seconds