corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SAVED TWO PEOPLS LIVES TODAY.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SAVED TWO PEOPLS LIVES TODAY.......
kerzo

User status: Offline
15th Oct 03 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
At the end of the day Romford you started all this police shit by saying about the overtime in your first post.

The police are trained what to say and what not to say in certain situations are they not? This was a time not to say somthing.

Good on you for being a man and saving those people though.I personally think that it makes now difference that you are a copper.I think that you would have done the same thing if you were not as people are born like that and not trained to be brave.

if you were untrained and didnt have the first idea about first aid you could be doing more harm than good
CORSA NUT

15th Oct 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know i didn't mean it like that mate.I meant the act not they way he controlled the situation.

As in everyone was standing about and he went to help if you get me.
CORSA NUT

15th Oct 03 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus he never said HOW he saved them

That's a joke BTW Romford..
Romford Astra

15th Oct 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The incentive for the overtime is for officers that dont do anything and will quite happily drive past someone whos very badly injured / getting the crap kicked out of them etc.

If the incident doesnt appeal to their own heart then the money driven officers will act.

Seems like a few on here would be in it for the money by the sounds of their "hearts"
CORSA NUT

15th Oct 03 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just out of interest them Romford if you seen a fight going on in a street say near a pub would you get out of your car and brake it up?

Would you fuk!
CORSA NUT

15th Oct 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off duty like...
Makarus

15th Oct 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you are saying there are officers out there that would leave an incident just because it doesn't appeal to their own heart.

This worries me some what, in my eyes this mean that there are police out there that would not get involved unless they are getting paid more money for it, proving my point that the police force is a joke.
The Guru

15th Oct 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
So you are saying there are officers out there that would leave an incident just because it doesn't appeal to their own heart.

This worries me some what, in my eyes this mean that there are police out there that would not get involved unless they are getting paid more money for it, proving my point that the police force is a joke.

He's talking about off duty cops num nuts!! If they see something and they aint working its to get them so step in with the thought of OT
kerzo

well look at it in this way...you are driving to work/uni/school and you see an accident up ahead woudl you

1. pull up and block the traffic possibly hampering any emergency services arriving then stand about like people did today not really doing anything

2. Just drive on if you don't have the skills or the know how??

of course this would all be different if you were first on the scene in a quiet place but if it was a busy city centre i would do number 2
Romford Astra

how many people, what people involved and any weapons involved.

add those in and I'll answer.

If its a man beating up a woman - YES

if its someone beating up an old person - YES

if its three blokes beating the crap out of one man with baseball bats and knives or whatever.....NO!

be realistic. I'd gather as much evidence as I could until I could do something about it.
CORSA NUT

15th Oct 03 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm i would do the same as you in those situations but i aint a copper.

What about 2 lads?? Just 2? Not big lads just normal size.

You might say No but then one might have just been jumped on for no reason and needs help.

big eck

15th Oct 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done on saving the 2 peoples lives but you should'nt have mentioned about the over-time, it just make you look like its just the money your in it for. I'm not a dig at you bte m8.
The Guru

15th Oct 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd grab a bar or something similar, its not and ASP but you felt the persons life was in danger and took steps to assist!
Romford Astra

15th Oct 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Erm i would do the same as you in those situations but i aint a copper.

What about 2 lads?? Just 2? Not big lads just normal size.

You might say No but then one might have just been jumped on for no reason and needs help.

id intervene certainly, I dont know about guru's thoughts of grabbing a weapon, but again its down to the situation, if they were using weapons Id certainly stay calm to start off with and then raise the level as and when needed.
CORSA NUT

15th Oct 03 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is on your way home after work mind you.When you are just driving past.Out of the goodness of your heart.

I hope you would after all you've said here.Don't forget to claim the overtime though..
Romford Astra

15th Oct 03 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This is on your way home after work mind you.When you are just driving past.Out of the goodness of your heart.

I hope you would after all you've said here.Don't forget to claim the overtime though..

yep thats right.
IntaCepta

15th Oct 03 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top lad
CORSA NUT

15th Oct 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know another reason why i don't really like the police Romford?

Last year i applyed(sp) for a job.I got to speak to the cheif superintendent who told me to my face i could not become a police officer because i have a tattoo that comes below my sleeve level.

For all they know i could have been the best copper they ever had.I am fit, the right height and more than inteligent enough for the job.

Discrimination no?

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by CORSA NUT]
PainZ

15th Oct 03 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to hear you put your self out to help others,

Hows your arm now? sorry if you have posted before about it, Hope its better,

Makarus

15th Oct 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definatly discrimination mate.

I hate the police, and have good reason.

Got given a producer just for sitting up on the market in the local town one night, having a chat with people, told I was causing an obstruction because a few people were stood round my car, they then proceeded to check my car over completly and give me a producer, the same night as I was given another producer when someone slammed into the back of me at a junction, pointless completly, one producer would cover it all.

Also my stepdad's work van was broken into and he reported it, it took the pigs 8 hours to turn up and give him a reference number, he had to wait in all day and loose a days wages also because of this, but when I called one of them a pig once when they drove past when I was 13 then slammed all on nearly causing a car to smash into them, then the copper squared up to me and pushed me against a wall, then 30 mins later came round to my house to tell my parents what I had done, calling me a lier when I said he pushed me.

So I have good reason, in my experience the majority of police are sad little individuals on a power trip, they join the police because they know that its probably the only job where they get superiority over anyone.

Police dont deserve over time for doing something that is really a part of their job, would I get anything for reacting the same way in the same situation.....no.
CORSA NUT

15th Oct 03 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I have good reason, in my experience the majority of police are sad little individuals on a power trip, they join the police because they know that its probably the only job where they get superiority over anyone

Makarus

15th Oct 03 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darren M

15th Oct 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day
NOT FUCKING ONE OF YOU GO INTO WORK EACH DAY AND PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE.

Simple as that really
Makarus

15th Oct 03 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont talk shit, special procedures are put into place to minimise the risk of such things happening.

But lets think of it another way, nobody forces you to take the job, nobody makes you go into the imaginary line of fire, people who join the police do it for their own reasons and I am not going to bow down to someone because they want to be in the police and then expect me to look up to them because they put their life on the line. What a load of shit.
Darren M

15th Oct 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you tell me what procedures there are if you are to pull over a car... a person steps out and stabs you?

thats right you cant/dont have one.

true i have decided to join the police for the simple fact i want a challenge in my life. at the moment i work from 7.30 till 5pm in a factory im only 20 and i cant see myself doin it in the future.

no one expects you to look up at the police, but can you say you have never needed the police?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SAVED TWO PEOPLS LIVES TODAY....... 22 database queries in 0.0690911 seconds