corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
12th Apr 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton
last time i looked at my wireless router it didnt have one of them antenas attached to it !!!

Oh and thats not an Anttena, that IS the router.. Thats a full on linux box in there

Thats how it can get such good gain as you can run a pigtail to the antenna.

[Edited on 12-04-2010 by DaveyLC]
Leighton

12th Apr 10 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think the budget will strech to one of them
Willay has done the same sort of setup, problem is the ones we have are directional not omni, but my new solution will be a beast and is cheep, just need the ok from the big man
DaveyLC

12th Apr 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

70 squids el-cheapo!
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Apr 10 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that directional though? Looks interesting if it'll cover the whole area. Certainly easier to multiplex the GPS than over cellular, I would far prefer WLAN if we can do it.

Any chance of a site survey with your gear at some point Davey
Steve
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get WLAN willay will be there down the road with his Pringle tube trying to hack into it.
Ste
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to make the truck garage available to all. It was hidden at first for when we were thinking about purchasing it.

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/garage.php?action=usergarage&owner=ste%20w&carid=8929&page=all

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Apr 10 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those early pics seem like years ago.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Apr 10 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps. LOADS of lights bought.
Graham88

13th Apr 10 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was the story behind the Corsa C in the back?
Ste
Premium Member

13th Apr 10 at 02:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We drove down to Bristol to view it in Ian's Astra, left a deposit and the week later I drove down in the Corsa when we went to collect it. So to save fuel and both having a long drive on our own, we put it in the back and drove both home.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Apr 10 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Willay are you comming up on for next week?

And i think i have sorced us what we need to transmit live date looks promicing anyway

If the astra is ready i may be a possibility , it might need a windscreen and a fresh MOT but I can sort that out at the start of the week I think.
DaveyLC

13th Apr 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Is that directional though? Looks interesting if it'll cover the whole area. Certainly easier to multiplex the GPS than over cellular, I would far prefer WLAN if we can do it.

Any chance of a site survey with your gear at some point Davey

The internal antenna is directional but its a wide pattern.. You'd want an external sector antenna really.

I've not got the gear at home anymore its down the workshop using someone elses wifi about 500 meters away

On the site survey at home on the 20' pole I managed to get 25-30 AP results and what had to be well over 40 devices in total.

At the workshop which is in the middle of no where we get about 10-15 hits which is brilliant considering there are only about 8 houses near by
DaveyLC

13th Apr 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are the people you want to speak to:

http://www.solwise.co.uk/

You could also use packet radio over PMR but the bandwidth is shit and the marshalls normally use PMR so the cross talk brings the bandwidth down even more.
Leighton

13th Apr 10 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Willay are you comming up on for next week?

And i think i have sorced us what we need to transmit live date looks promicing anyway

If the astra is ready i may be a possibility , it might need a windscreen and a fresh MOT but I can sort that out at the start of the week I think.

Get the MOT done up here? and can get the windscreen change while its at the farm or anywere.
willay
Premium Member

13th Apr 10 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all true but im probably going to get it done locally as you need to give them some notice also not sure i'd look forward to the trek up there.

[Edited on 13-04-2010 by willay]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Apr 10 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think of it as practise for the next ring trip
willay
Premium Member

14th Apr 10 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I was thinking that
3CorsaMeal

14th Apr 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sort of "ring time" will this lorry be capable of?
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Apr 10 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Progress to date on the nearside skirts.

Front arch is still to be finished, need to source some mudguard Astroturf for that. Left aluminium section covers the fuel tank and will have a filler cap cut in at some point. Locker will have a matching door, just waiting on hinges and locks for that. Rightmost alu section is empty behind there currently pending later expansion but there's a bit of suspension in the way hence not going for a locker straight away.

Steps for the habitation door and hanging the rear locker is next, I have a driving lesson tomorrow but there will probably be some fabrication action later on.

Ste
Premium Member

14th Apr 10 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good. Who is the handsome chap in the last picture?

Ian
Site Administrator

14th Apr 10 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure but he obviously approves.
Cole

14th Apr 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how big a peice of spray suppression (mudflap astroturf lol you after ian
CorsAsh

14th Apr 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah all the stuff you were spraying landed on me

Looking excellent Ian, really professional look to it. Can't wait to find out what the reaction will be at shows to it rolling in.
Leighton

14th Apr 10 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small problem chaps you have covered the fuel tank !!! how we going to fill it now

Ste that handsome last pic is whats called a emoticon
<--- what a guy
Ste
Premium Member

14th Apr 10 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
small problem chaps you have covered the fuel tank !!! how we going to fill it now

Prepare to have your lol smilie wiped off. The fuel filler pipe is being extended with a length of rubber hose to a flush mount fuel cap.

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.0232430 seconds