corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
28th Aug 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont you ever say anything like that to me again Nathan
Nath

28th Aug 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

28th Aug 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
FFS ben sort your fat thumbs out

blame the.crappy touchscreen keyboard
Ben G

28th Aug 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh for christs sake
Cole

28th Aug 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems Lewis has accepted responsibility for his crash according to his Twitter
Cavey

28th Aug 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, said he apologised to Kobayashi and his team, and that he should know better... apparently
JonnyJ

28th Aug 11 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, hes been hacked by Dom

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by JonnyJ]
Dom

28th Aug 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis Hamilton
After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought in was past.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis Hamilton
Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me. Best wishes, Lewis

Oh, Mr. James -

[Edited on 28-08-2011 by Dom]
Ben G

28th Aug 11 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's quite clearly been told to say/type that. if he went all guns blazing at jap boy he'd just get flamed for it.
JonnyJ

28th Aug 11 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep Ben. Or like i say hacked by Dom, hes a bit of a 1337 h4x0r
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wanted to say....

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Dom

29th Aug 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
he's quite clearly been told to say/type that. if he went all guns blazing at jap boy he'd just get flamed for it.

quote:
Yep Ben. Or like i say hacked by Dom, hes a bit of a 1337 h4x0r

Cheer up lads, there is always the next race. You never know, he might get lucky and keep the car on the track

[Edited on 29-08-2011 by Dom]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or someone might want payback and take him out in quali again!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
JonnyJ

29th Aug 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop posting naked children Dom, that isnt achieving anything.

Im happy Dom, so long as Hamilton never changes his style. Would rather see a driver go all out for a win, even when its next to impossible and go out in a ball of flames than one who is just happy to finish in the top 5.

Jenson will never win another title so long as hes Hamilton's team mate
Dom

29th Aug 11 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Im happy Dom, so long as Hamilton never changes his style. Would rather see a driver go all out for a win, even when its next to impossible and go out in a ball of flames than one who is just happy to finish in the top 5.

Jenson will never win another title so long as hes Hamilton's team mate

Similarly being racist doesn't achieve anything, doesn't stop you though

Although going 'balls out' is great to watch, you need to cross the finish line to get points. And unfortunately the WDC is soley point based.

Either way stop getting pissy, if you can't take a jab then don't dish them out Johnny James - simples!

[Edited on 29-08-2011 by Dom]
JonnyJ

29th Aug 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where was i getting pissy, this has clearly all just been banter, unless you have been taking it seriously?

I thought my comments about Kobi acting like a WW2 kamikaze pilot and you hacking Lewis' twitter would have made that obvious
Dom

29th Aug 11 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your last post -
quote:

Sounds a bit pissy to me. It's only banter Johnny, shouldn't take it so seriously!
It's all in good spirit

And Hamiltons twitter feed is managed by McLarens PR team. So he wouldn't have posted it anyways.
AndyKent

29th Aug 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at serious Dom
JonnyJ

29th Aug 11 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have added a lol smiley, apologies if it came across pissy

FWIW I'll explain why i dont support Jenson so its clear im not just been an arse for no reason

When Jenson came into the sport (around 2000 i think) no one really seemed to follow him as such, he was a young rookie and it was quite surprising he was in the sport at all. Think it was the season just after Damon's retirement and I lost a bit of interest in the sport due to Schmachers domination as well.

People only seemed to pick up on Jenson when he started winning races for Brawn and seeing as i hadnt really taken any notice of him before i didnt want to jump on the glory supporting bandwagon Plus i was and am still of the opinion that he only won those races and that title by having a vastly superior car, which showed because he didnt win a race when the playing field levelled up. He didnt excite me at all.

When Lewis came into the sport i just instantly felt a connection with him, i dont tend to support a country/team, prefer to just support one driver, preferably English mind and I liked the way he had so much confidence behind the wheel, despite being a rookie, i was gutted when he didnt win the title in Brazil but loved they way he never gave up even though at one point he was bang last.

As a bloke, I probably prefer Jenson, seems a lovely lad but as a driver i just cannot get excited by him, the only time he has ever made me think "fair play that was a decent drive" was Brazil for the title, i just wish he was like that more often, maybe he wouldnt finishes as many races but he might win a few more!

I just think if you put Button alongside Vettel in a RB now, he'd probably do what Mark Webber is doing, maybe slightly better. If you put Lewis alongside Vettle then i think Seb would have had a much much bigger challenge for the title.

End of the day Lewis has pace and a massive desire to win every race, no matter where he is in the field, you cant deny that, but hes stuck in a car that means hes going to be amongst the pack, which means to win a race he has to make overtakes, and lots of them. So inevitably its going to go wrong sometimes. Swap Vettel and Hamilton around and you would see exactly the same thing happen, they are very similar drivers with very similar talent levels.

With the season the way it is this year, there is absolutely no point just trying to bobble along and get a podium here and there. The title is gone and the Constructors is gone, there is nothing to play for other than pride of a victory, so you may as well just go all guns blazing every race, see what happens. I dont think Hamilton is bothered where he finishes in the WDC this season anymore, if its not first it may as well be last, which to me is exactly the right way to think, especially in these situations. I wouldnt have been happy had Lewis coasted home to second, same way i arent that he crashed out, i just want to see him win.

So its not an irrational hatred of Button, i think the football fan in me only allows me to support one guy and thats Hamilton for me, the Button bashing simply stems from the bandwagon he developed when he started to win. Its like the people who jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon when they got money and won the league, cant stand it
Nath

29th Aug 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Serious Dom is serious.

p.s.
Ben G

29th Aug 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree jonny, rather you type an essay that me.
noshua

30th Aug 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hacked or account sharing with paul_j imo, look at the usernames as well, so similar.
Ben G

10th Sep 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton locked up in q3 still, cant moan with 2nd place and only button and him seem able to.take the fight to vettel.

Ferraris and webber looked poo.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Sep 11 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel on pole again, 0.5sec quicker than anyone else!

Shocked Webber is down in 5th. Should be a good race.

Hopefully Button gets passed Hamilton into 1st corner.

Marc

10th Sep 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Hopefully Button gets passed Hamilton into 1st corner.

LOL

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0189109 seconds