corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 13 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol.. Try driving mine for 5 mins.. You will thank the gods all you can hear is a little whine.

Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's different when it's intentional

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Jul 13 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, i was refering to the knocking, rattling, tapping, chinking, wind noise etc
taylorboosh

24th Jul 13 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably because it made from pop bottle and selotape
SXIBrad

25th Jul 13 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Jon_C
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

And would still run rings around your evo
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey!! I resent that! Its gafatape! Lol

Kyle, when you taking me for a spin.?
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Hey!! I resent that! Its gafatape! Lol

Kyle, when you taking me for a spin.?

Whenever I'm Leeds way on or you're York way on! (where is it you live in Leeds?)

I'm all paid up for Trax with Willay, paid for a single track session too... probably a terrible environment to try my first track outing in but what's the worst that can happen in 15minutes?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i call your pax then?

Im there with time attack
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fine, providing you give me some tuition

Need a helmet too

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know silverstone so i wont be much help in specifics to the track but i can point out some do's n dont's.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a plan.

Need to fabricate a mount for a camera. Project for august I think

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

25th Jul 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
quote:

In a race from london to glasgow where the goal is to transport 4 passengers and luggage, i dont think it would
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

In a race from london to glasgow where the goal is to transport 4 passengers and luggage, i dont think it would

Let's get it arranged. I'll do the trip on skis and we'll recruit some free runners to do it as well.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

25th Jul 13 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve can do it using his drone flown from one of davey lcs buggys
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

no offense mate.,, but i think it would

do you really think you could get away from a 450bhp/tonne car with aero and semi slicks? (assuming its dry of cause)
taylorboosh

25th Jul 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes because i could do one trip there and you would have to do 7? There - back - there - back - there - back - there

Now assuming i average 60 that means you have to average 420
taylorboosh

25th Jul 13 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could beat you in a 12v corsa
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 13 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you never said how big the passengers had to be...

taylorboosh

25th Jul 13 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well even babies you could only carry one at a time?
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a continuation from the Dyno-Drama a couple of pages back, I snuck onto another dyno today to get another opinion.

As a reminder:

Car made 315bhp ATF (248.4 ATW) in December with a sports cat.
Car made 284.6bhp ATF (219.0 ATW) a few weeks ago with decat.

A few weeks ago at RSTuning my car was also showing up as very lean (12.5 AFR vs 11.3) but was later checked by my mapper to be fine.

Today I went over to AET Turbo's near Leeds. AET Turbo's build turbochargers if you weren't sure, and they've had a couple of high profile Impreza projects on the go at various times.

The Dyno technician who worked me today is apparently Ex-Subaru and worked on some of the WRC cars back in the day. The workshop was more like a hospital ward, so clean and clinical - hard to believe cars are dismantled and built in there.

The dyno was a hub dyno rather than a traditional rolling road, which was a first for me - but I guess takes one more factor out of the equation (tyres/slippage).

First off the AFRs. The ECU was reading fine in the mid 11s but the wideband stuck in the tailpipe was still showing over 12... After an indepth chat with the guys at AET, we decided the exhaust must be sucking air in somewhere beyond the final lambda sensor. If that's the case, no harm is being done - it's just throwing the wideband off a bit. I'll probably re-seat/gasket all the sections to be sure though.

As for the power reading, AET are very reluctant to offer an "At the fly" estimate preferring to simply give the accurate "At the wheels" measurement. The highest ATW run was 282bhp which is significantly higher than the RSTuning measurement and also quite a bit higher than the Scoobyclinic measurement...

In terms of pub talk, I'm really not sure where I stand. I did some googling at it seems like some Dyno operators use a ATW multiplied by X % measurement to calculate transmission loss and hence ATF BHP, but others may have something like:

ATW + 10bhp x X% or something like that

The Scoobyclinic ATF measurement is 27% higher than the ATW
The RSTuning ATF measurement is 29% higher than the ATW

I did some further googling and it seems like anything from 15% to 30% is banded around for the AWD system on the Impreza, which puts my potential range at 324bhp right through to 360bhp depending on which calculation is used

Bottom line is that the car seems healthy, I'll send these plots onto my mapper and see what he says - but I'm comfortable now.

As a side note, I talked to the gaffer at AET and he listed about £2000 worth of stuff which would see me at 400/400

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

26th Jul 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2000 is pocket money for you, get it done!!!
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
£2000 is pocket money for you, get it done!!!

I'm not sure about that, but it was seriously tempting. Glad I left my credit card in the glovebox while we were talking

I'm a fan of doing things slowly and seeing a gradual improvement, my engine performance is at a place now where I need to change a handful of things (turbo, headers, uppipe, TMIC, injectors, etc) so it'll be a big bang upgrade next which will be awesome, but i'll get bored of anything so it's a lot of money to spend on 400bhp just to then be bored of it after a few weeks!

I think I'll keep chipping away at handling for now, and spend some cash on track time. I can bolt some more power on next year if I'm still enthusiastic about the car

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

26th Jul 13 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And if you get bored of the car sell it to me for £2000 and I'll have it off your hands
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Learn to drive the engine you have now, upgrade bits and pieces as you start to feel they are letting you down and only when you feel its just the engine whoch is letting you down.. Then Get more power.

By letting you down i mean the weakest link.

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0234871 seconds