corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jun 15 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few years ago there were threads like this all over the place but this is one of the very few that seems to exist now. Bit nostalgic.

Not everything's to my taste but good work all the same. I think I'd lose the number plate surrounds and get more plain number plates. But I used to have surrounds and pressed plates on my old Corsa for a time, so who am I to say anything?

Thought about getting the bodyshop to smooth the wiper bung on the boot?

MX5 Project Thread
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 15 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it would look better with the original splitter fitted
anthcorsa

25th Jun 15 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mint this, he's done a mint job of those arches. I'd of been tempted to get that splitter done aswell bud. Looks spot on tho!
Jason x
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
A few years ago there were threads like this all over the place but this is one of the very few that seems to exist now. Bit nostalgic.

Not everything's to my taste but good work all the same. I think I'd lose the number plate surrounds and get more plain number plates. But I used to have surrounds and pressed plates on my old Corsa for a time, so who am I to say anything?

Thought about getting the bodyshop to smooth the wiper bung on the boot?

I noticed a lot of the good threads seemed to end/die pretty much around the time i joined, i enjoyed reading through them all though

Main reason for the surrounds is i didn't want to screw the plates on, from the front i prefer the GB plate but the rear i like the plain so i dont know

The boot is one of the next 'big' things i want doing, want it semi smoothing no wiper hole/boot lock
Jason x
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa
Looks mint this, he's done a mint job of those arches. I'd of been tempted to get that splitter done aswell bud. Looks spot on tho!

Cheers mate

I think the splitter would end up cracking a lot if painted, do want the scuttle doing though as i forgot about that.
Jason x
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I think it would look better with the original splitter fitted

I actually got another standard splitter to put back on when everything was done, but changed my mind after looking at a few photos before and after the laguna splitter. If i could find the version laguna splitter without the vents i would probably swap for that though.
Jason x
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know i upload about 40 pics yesterday but i gave the car a clean inside and out today (first one since getting the car back), so had to get a few more

Still haven't got my petrol flap, forgot about that today so will get it tomorrow

[Edited on 26-06-2015 by Jason x]
Generation

25th Jun 15 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree about splitter, seems too aftermarket, and looks too much of a quick screw on. Never liked them though
oJNAo
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the colour coded door and boot handles are such nice subtle mods, rear looks weird without mud flaps though haha

Some tyre gel/shine would look sweet
Jason x
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally like the splitter, think the main thing I like about it is it makes the front look lower
Jason x
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
the colour coded door and boot handles are such nice subtle mods, rear looks weird without mud flaps though haha

Some tyre gel/shine would look sweet

Yeah they defiantly do make a big difference, makes the side look smooth with the handles Colour coded.

I'm really liking not having the mud flaps, can see the back of the wheels which makes the car look a lot lower and cleaner from behind

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by Jason x]
l88fty
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 06:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great mate, they done a good job of the work. What made you decide to do the plastics in the gloss black and not colour code everything? It does look a lot more original doing it that way, shame Vauxhall didn't produce them as standard instead of the paint & plastics mix.

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
Ian W

26th Jun 15 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great, as other have said you don't get many B's well modded like this anymore. You're doing a good job of it
Mark.W

26th Jun 15 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really good Jason. I think rear mudflaps and standard front splitter and MHW rear lights would look well.
Jason x
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l88fty
Looks great mate, they done a good job of the work. What made you decide to do the plastics in the gloss black and not colour code everything? It does look a lot more original doing it that way, shame Vauxhall didn't produce them as standard instead of the paint & plastics mix.

Cheers

I'm not a massive fan of colour coded with standard bumpers and didn't really want to go down the Gsi rep route.
Jason x
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Looks great, as other have said you don't get many B's well modded like this anymore. You're doing a good job of it

Cheers
Jason x
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Looks really good Jason. I think rear mudflaps and standard front splitter and MHW rear lights would look well.

Cheers I don't have my MHW rear lights anymore, ended up selling them on.. I did put them back on briefly a while ago but missed the German ones so took them off again
Ad Blue B

26th Jun 15 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Jason!

Set of Steinmetz skirts needed though

[Edited on 26-06-2015 by Ad Blue B]
Jason x
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That does look good, nice and slim looking.

How do they attach?
Mark.W

26th Jun 15 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just bond on and a couple self tappers in the arches.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corsa-B-Steinmetz-Sideskirts-/221806082326?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a4ac3916
Haimsey
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great, nice one.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jason x
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd probably have a bid on them skirts if my MOT wasn't due end of next week
Jason x
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Looks great, nice one.

Cheers
Jason x
Premium Member

28th Jun 15 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been checking over the car this weekend, hopefully ready for MOT now.

And of course gave it another clean, love how the car looks now.

Need to get the scuttle panel done gloss black, i think a semi smooth boots definitely on the cards next as well... just need to figure out exactly how i'm going to be able to open the boot still (in the simplest way possible).

Could't resist getting more pics

johnny86
Premium Member

28th Jun 15 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fit a boot popper with a button on the dash. Back in the day we used to wire it to the rear wiper arm haha

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43) 24 database queries in 0.0233941 seconds