corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost)

New Poll
  <<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Election Night - Real time chat (almost)
Daimo B

User status: Offline
12th May 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The biggest issue for single people buying a house is the location imo.

When your spending £80k-£120k on your first house, usually it'll be small, and also in a nasty area.

That would be my biggest gripe. Couldn't have nice cars and bikes as the local pikeys would ruin it
mwg

12th May 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
But as an individual are you not aiming a little high for a first house???

A first house, by yourself to me is a 1/2 bedroom flat or tiny house. Deffo not with a garage.

I understand thats not what people want, but your talking about spending £35k less than I did, by youself. I wouldn't have a hope in hell if I were not with Donna.

You have to realise your situation, and whilst you may be on a good wage, it doesn't automatically mean you can afford an expensive house. There are other things to consider, what if you loose your job, hour a high risk, paying the most out for a house, but only 1 income etc.

You need to look at smaller properties unless your absolutly loaded. Not being arsey about it, its just the way it is.

Oliver, you could get a nice house between you, just about sacrificing certain things in life.

Maybe I am then but I dont want to live in some scabby little shit hole with a drug den next door that I'll never be able to get rid of because nobody wants a 1 bedroom flat with no parking that you get your tv nicked from every other week by your neighbours to pay for their drug addiction.
mwg

12th May 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
The biggest issue for single people buying a house is the location imo.

When your spending £80k-£120k on your first house, usually it'll be small, and also in a nasty area.

That would be my biggest gripe. Couldn't have nice cars and bikes as the local pikeys would ruin it

I'm not even arsed about not having a nice car, that goes automatically hand in hand when buying your 1st house I imagine as things will be tight. Just dont want to pay to live in the middle of a crack den
Ojc

12th May 10 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo I'd love to give you a kiss if that's ok? Does that offend you that such a lovely man wants to give you a kiss?
pow
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Daimo, I'm with Matt on this one.

I live in Windsor, I work in Amersham, find me somewhere you would like to live round those areas please
Ojc

12th May 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amersham is alright? So is Windsor? What are you getting at? House prices around those areas though are ridiculous, is that what you are getting at?
mwg

12th May 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just going to wait till my parents die and live in their house at this rate
Tommy L

12th May 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Yeah I just worked it out to be £60 a month better off.

Better than a smack in the face, lovely job.

How long until this goes through? I read there is a budget due soon.
We had the 2010 budget back in April so I guess we won't see this change till next year? I may be wrong and would like to know when this will go through
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
arsed about not having a nice car, that goes automatically hand in hand when buying your 1st house I imagine as things will be tight. Just dont want to pay to live in the middle of a crack den

thats what im saying though. If your going alone, you can't expect to have a nice house in a nice area with a nice garden. It doesn't work like that.

Going alone it'll be a small property, usually in a not so great area. Im not putting it down, im just saying its the way it is.

Pow, there will be places. Every rich place has its cheaper area. Its just usually those areas arn't very nice to live in.

Don't shoot me, im just stating a simple fact that you'll have to get your head around. The only ways you can move straight into a nice sized house in nice area is if your going into a property with more than one person. Im not being shitty, snobby or nasty, thats just the way it is.

Maybe a few years ago before prices shot up it was a little different. I wouldn't be able to buy my house now either, just lucky Donna talked me into it a before the financial sh1t. But then again if i'd bought my house 2 years earlier i'd have saved another £30k...

Just the way it works, house prices will go up, and all the time they are trying to turn these new areas into better places but putting new flats, thats what will be cheapest to buy. Your still going to find it hard to pay for a 1 bedroom flat ina nice area as the premium on the flat will be higher due to the area.

As I say, im not being sh1tty, its jsut the way I see how it is. I have friends in the same situation, single and trying to buy, but need a stupid amount of money to get an average flat, or one of those "bend you over half buy half rent" things.
Fro

12th May 10 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Emergency budget within 50 days.
Nath

12th May 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shared Ownership is the only way I'll be getting a house/flat on my own.
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Sorry Daimo, I'm with Matt on this one.

I live in Windsor, I work in Amersham, find me somewhere you would like to live round those areas please

Nail on head....

I don't know the area, but if its a toff area, then prices will be higher = less for money. cheaper nastier area = less pricey and more value for money, but a sh1tty area.

Finding the middle ground (it is possible) is the hard part.

We viewed many many MANY houses, lots of areas, over lots of budgets. We were lucky, and thats what you need, a bit of luck on your side that a nice house in a nice area, with decent budget comes up. They do, just not very often.

Hence you have to compromise. Would I like to live in that area, no. Is the house really nice and a worht the money, yes. Which is more important? Area, or the house.....

Yes, I watch those moving programs, envious of the rich people with 1 million budgets buying 2 houses
mwg

12th May 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you aren't being shitty. But if I moved in to some run down flat in one of these areas I'd commit suicide within a week.

And my point is also that these so called affordable houses they build are surely not affordable if the majority of the people that are working in the area cant afford them?
Ojc

12th May 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is the point isn't it?

I'm not moving out just for the sake of moving out, why move out of comfy surroundings to live in a towerblock with a load of crackheads?

Just don't see the point.
Nath

12th May 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
That is the point isn't it?

I'm not moving out just for the sake of moving out, why move out of comfy surroundings to live in a towerblock with a load of crackheads?

Just don't see the point.

Exactly.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather stay at home than be able to tell people I live in my own place living off baked beans and having my TV stolen everyday.
Nath

12th May 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'd rather stay at home than be able to tell people I live in my own place living off baked beans and having my TV stolen everyday.

You should really take a leaf out of Ben G's book and grow up.
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
But if I moved in to some run down flat in one of these areas I'd commit
And my point is also that these so called affordable houses they build are surely not affordable if the majority of the people that are working in the area cant afford them?

I totally agree with you. They over-charge for poorly made buildings in run down areas, hence trying to improve the area. It doesn't, it just gives the dossers a nicer free house, and then normal folk trying to get on the market get shafted with these people.

In some areas its worked, the nasty areas have mostly been knocked down and replaced, and overall some of those areas are much better now.

But then again, you can always sign up for part buy/part lease deals they offer 1st time homebuyers.. Charge you rent and a mortgage, but then when the rents due up for renewal, they hugely up the price and you can't afford to stay there (hence why you need fixed price agreements, some companies are so dodgey out there its untrue).
Ojc

12th May 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to have moved out at 21 I really would

I bet Ben doesn't really want to move out, hes just given in to his missus constanty whining.

Must be love.
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

My Mate Bern

He moved out, literally lived on a Dinner of baked beans for quite a while at one point.

Hes now been living there for 9 years. Had 3 cars stolen, seen someone get murdered in the house opposite.

But now he's selling up to go travelling and should see about £50k+ in his pocket. He's suffered, but he still says its been worth it, the parties, and other fun we've had there he could never do at home. Life changes so much when you buy/rent your own place. Its kinda comparitive to not having a driving license, then geting one and having your freedom, its that kinda feeling.

No hassling parents, do you want dinner, where you off to, when you going to be home, would you like some of these bakewell tarts, then you agree, and for the next 6 months all you get is bakewell tarts

Different people, different things. Moving out was the best thing ever for me. For others like yourself, they are happy to stay at home.

You know Gaz my best mate, he's just moved back home after 10 years renting (to save to buy a place), and he's already getting the above (replace Bakewell tart with potato salad ).
Fro

12th May 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has wanted to get out for yonks due to having to share with a huge family.
Fro

12th May 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renting is just a crazy idea if you want to get on the property market at somepoint imo.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm immune to the constant hassle, I live in an annexe with en-suite. My circumstances couldn't be easier TBH

That lad you mention about going travelling with 50k in his pocket, he better not spend all that money else he won't ever get back on the ladder.
mwg

12th May 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have it hard at home but I still want to move out and be independent. Its getting to the stage now where if I meet a lass I'm almost a bit embarrassed to say I still live at home.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love you

<<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost) 22 database queries in 0.0218480 seconds