corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Official: Playstation 4 Topic

New Poll
  <<  29    30    31    32    33    34    35  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official: Playstation 4 Topic
MoesTavern

User status: Offline
30th Apr 14 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no compelling reason to own one. Surely that's a good enough excuse to keep the cash in your bank account?

Obviously we have differing outlooks on this but I just can't see the sense in spunking £350 just to play Killzone or a slightly improved version of BF4

Balling
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
Obviously we have differing outlooks on this but I just can't see the sense in spunking £350 just to play Killzone or a slightly improved version of BF4
I sold my PS3 and spent less than £100 on a new console.

I like trying the newest tech and play the new games in the best graphics possible (on a console).
Most new games are released on both generations of consoles so I'd rather play them on the best one.

The game selection might be limited, but I've played more games since getting my PS4 than I did the previous 12 months on PS3, so it's definitely not too limited.

Balling
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I just can't see the sense in spunking £350 just to play Killzone or a slightly improved version of BF4
In this case you'll never see the sense of buying a new console, so there's not really any point in arguing tbh.

Not saying there's anything wrong with sticking with the prev. gen. consoles, but you're obviously not part of the target group if you don't care about graphics, as that's essentially all a new console will ever have to offer.

Steve
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes no sense at all if you plan on definitely getting one at some point.
MoesTavern

1st May 14 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
I just can't see the sense in spunking £350 just to play Killzone or a slightly improved version of BF4
In this case you'll never see the sense of buying a new console, so there's not really any point in arguing tbh.

Not saying there's anything wrong with sticking with the prev. gen. consoles, but you're obviously not part of the target group if you don't care about graphics, as that's essentially all a new console will ever have to offer.

I'd still be playing my Amiga if that was the case though wouldn't I?

I do care about graphics, (but I can't agree that better graphics are all a new console can offer) and I do buy new consoles, but only when there is an actual reason to do so, ie a game I want to play that I can't get anywhere else.
Balling
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 08:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I do care about graphics, (but I can't agree that better graphics are all a new console can offer) and I do buy new consoles, but only when there is an actual reason to do so, ie a game I want to play that I can't get anywhere else.
Then I don't see what the issue is here at all!?

You don't care about any of the exclusives so far, fair enough. But surely you get why other people might have a different taste and will want to play the new games, that indeed aren't available anywhere else?

And I fail to see how you can say that you care about graphics and then think all the PS4 offers is "a slightly better version of BF4". Every single cross platform game looks massively better on PS4 (though BF4 arguably least so, as the only 900p title on the platform).

MoesTavern

1st May 14 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Then I don't see what the issue is here at all!?

You don't care about any of the exclusives so far, fair enough. But surely you get why other people might have a different taste and will want to play the new games, that indeed aren't available anywhere else?

And I fail to see how you can say that you care about graphics and then think all the PS4 offers is "a slightly better version of BF4". Every single cross platform game looks massively better on PS4 (though BF4 arguably least so, as the only 900p title on the platform).

But what are these games you can't get anywhere else?

Balling
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me it's Killzone and inFamous so far.

I was curious to play Warframe as well, but so far I can't say I'm hooked.

And, like stated, I don't want to play the lesser version of cross platform games.

Steve
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Outlast
Cavey

11th May 14 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://electronics360.globalspec.com/article/3781/exclusive-video-teardown-sony-close-to-breakeven-on-ps4?cid=fbctw

Balling
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://twitter.com/Envisager_/status/472021982369054720

Two PS+ games each month, from now on.

Looking forward to Trine 2. Played the original on PC and tried the demo on PS4. The 3D is fantastic.

MoesTavern

3rd Jun 14 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arkham Knight delayed to 2015

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-03-batman-arkham-knight-release-date-slips-to-2015
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jun 14 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Omg Arkham Knight

http://youtu.be/QCcKyxX15e4
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jun 14 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Major want!

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/10/5798424/a-close-up-look-at-the-gorgeous-white-sony-playstation-4-destiny-bundle

A1EX

11th Jun 14 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think that will be my first PS4 buy
MoesTavern

11th Jun 14 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have that.

Not interested in Destiny though.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone signed up to the BF Hardline Beta?

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline
Aleex

16th Jun 14 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh had it a few days, bored after 4 games.

i realise its the beta but still, i think its pretty rubbish
A1EX

16th Jun 14 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seems like a re-skinned BF4 that theyre gonna charge50 quid for, they would of been better of fixing all the bugs with 4 first...
Balling
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played a bit yesterday. It looks horrible!

Coming from the next gen titles I've been playing and even the cross gen Watch Dogs, BF looks like Goldeneye 64.

Don't care for the gameplay, but then BF has never really done it for me.

Balling
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read on Eurogamer that this actually looks exactly like BF4.

No shit people aren't impressed with this generation of consoles if this trash is all they play.

Mattb

16th Jun 14 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been playing the Destiny Alpha, seems pretty decent with good graphics

Excited by Little Big Planet 3, thats going to be ace when thats released

Also we get GTA V i didnt bother with it on PS3 as i didnt belive the hype around it not going next gen.

Balling
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw you playing Destiny Matt. Well jealous.

Can't wait to try the beta. Even if it's only half as good as it looks, it's still going to be the game of the year

p

6th Jul 14 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are people finding the PS4? I'm still awaiting to have a go on one, but I'll get one later this year. Thief looks good! Is it?
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 14 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's good, just need the decent games to come now

<<  29    30    31    32    33    34    35  >>

New Poll