corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  30    31    32    33    34    35    36  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Chosen to ignore the first bit of that?

"Sometimes you have to spend a little more," he said. "You can't compete in the top four of the Premier League unless you spend some money.

"We were looking for a player of quality and also somebody who is British because of the new Champions League rules.

"Glen Johnson fits both categories."

I think Liverpool may have another 10 million to spend if they dont sell anyone, because only 10million of that 17 has come out of the transfer budget with the money owed

Ignore the first bit? No, it just had nothing to do with my point. It neither backs it up or questions it.

And where did you pluck £10m from? You're ignoring plenty of quotes from Rafa stating we will break our transfer record this summer.
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read numerous times he was given a kitty of 20million before selling players, and simple maths works out that if he has 20million

and has spent 17 on johnson, whilst being owed 7 from pompey, works out to 10million left
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've read rumours in rags that he has that much money. Going by the same theory Torres, Gerrard, Masch, Alonso, Reina, etc. are all leaving. The money is then being used to pay off the debt and any left over for a fancy new pair of cowboy boots for Hicks.

£20m is less than our record transfer, so Rafa's direct quotes would suggest we have more than that.
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but you are also using things that may not be true to come to your conclusion.

Given that his word is even less reliable than many others
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes but you are also using things that may not be true to come to your conclusion.

Given that his word is even less reliable than many others

Ah right, so gossip in the rag papers is more reliable than a direct quote from Rafa?

You want to reach for those straws anymore?
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not reaching for any straws, you are doing just the same as me. And quoting what you hear/read.

Neither of us knows who is right, but i have to admit i havent seen rafa saying they will break the transfer record for a couple of months, and that was well before they splashed 17million on a journeyman right-back
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, lets gets this right.

Im quoting a person in direct contact with whats going on. You are repeating rag paper gossip.

Both are totally different things.
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It remains to be seen if they break the transfer record, i think you may be holding onto the hope that they do.

I believe they won't, certainly without selling any players
Tom

23rd Jun 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not reaching for any straws, you are doing just the same as me. And quoting what you hear/read.

Neither of us knows who is right, but i have to admit i havent seen rafa saying they will break the transfer record for a couple of months, and that was well before they splashed 17million on a journeyman right-back

You are quoting a newspaper who offer no sources, he is quoting our manager, your arguement is wearing a bit thin i'd say as thin as your fishing line with that last comment
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not saying they will, what Im saying is it suggests we have more money than the reported £20m.

Rafa would of known full well when he made those remarks what his transfer plans were this summer, and he'd of known what sort of price those players would cost. So his comments would of been made knowing full well he was spending a big chunk of Johnson.
Tom

23rd Jun 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It remains to be seen if they break the transfer record, i think you may be holding onto the hope that they do.

I believe they won't, certainly without selling any players

Cosmo should we leave the internet now until the summers over
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is just bitter they are selling off their best players whilst we have flat out refused to sell any of ours and are adding quality to the squad.
J da Silva

23rd Jun 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I walk to the shop knowing a jacket will cost me £50, I know I'm spending £50.
Tom

23rd Jun 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
He is just bitter they are selling off their best players whilst we have flat out refused to sell any of ours and are adding quality to the squad.

And the fact they are being priced out of signing the new ronaldo There's no such thing, that greasy fucker was the best thing to happen to the scum for years and they are gonna struggle without him come august! makes me laugh how all the fans think berbatov is gonna step it up a gear next season because those two have gone one more season from scholes and giggs, it's all going tits for them imo
J da Silva

23rd Jun 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think they'll ever replace him but what they could do is alter their formation/style of play in order to make up for it, they still have the chance to sign Benzema, who for me would be quality at OT, far better than Berbatov.
Tom

23rd Jun 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
If I walk to the shop knowing a jacket will cost me £50, I know I'm spending £50.

Yeah but sometimes the jackets representitive will claim that because it's the last one in medium in stock and because pete and mick want it as well that it's worth £60 instead
J da Silva

23rd Jun 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then I walk off, as I near the door, they shout me back and say "I'm sure my manager won't mind me doing you a discount on this jacket Mr Moura"
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Berb wont do anymore than he has done this season, once a lazy fucker always a lazy fucker.

And this rubbish about not needing Ronaldo, blah blah is a load of shite. He has been the best player in the world over the last 3yrs and is the one single reason they won the PL 3 times in a row and the CL. Without him they have a massive hole to fill that no one single player they can buy will do so.

Strick can say 'oh well we arent playing with 9 men so those stats mean nothing' but the fact is they wont find a player who will score and set up as many as Ronaldo did. So unless they start playing with 12 men and replace Ronaldo with 2 players they are going to be a much worse team for selling him.

And Scholes and Giggs are done, not even another season IMO. Giggs won his award for half a season and he'll play even less games this season.
Marc

23rd Jun 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
makes me laugh how all the fans think berbatov is gonna step it up a gear next season because those two have gone one more season from scholes and giggs, it's all going tits for them imo

Suppose I best show my support for Strick, seen as though Tom came running along as if Cosmo had blown his whistle that only Liverpool fans can hear.

Don't know where you've read fans are saying that because I've read quite a lot of fans saying we need rid of him and how it hasn't worked out. Not seen a single fan say Berbatov will be our savior.
Marc

23rd Jun 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Giggs won his award for half a season.

You still banging on about that
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive read on here a few times (dont ask me which of you dirty mancs said it) that you think Berbatov will step up more next season.
Marc

23rd Jun 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said Rossi would step up, didn't mention Berbatov though
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strick said it in here
MarkM

23rd Jun 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Somebody did mention it I recall it too.
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Somebody did mention it I recall it too.

Yeah thats not the only time its been mentioned, just the first I came to on search.

<<  30    31    32    33    34    35    36  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0236661 seconds