corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost)

New Poll
  <<  30    31    32    33    34  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Election Night - Real time chat (almost)
John

User status: Offline
12th May 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see how renting is better than wanting to eventually own the house and have something to show for it.

Renting is plain and simply paying someone elses mortgage whether they do it on the continent or the moon or not.

I'm not moving out until I can get something decent.
Tom G

12th May 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone lose's there job they will lose most things rather quickly.

You can't really convice yourself that it's the better thing to do and not to get a mortage incase your lose your job.
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
My current place is £800 a month, when I moved in an interest only mortgage was in the region of £1k a month so you're only renting off of the bank anyway. Every agreement I have ever seen allows you to paint the walls and hang pictures, the place just needs to be returned in the same state you arrived there in. I take it you've never rented and are just making the usual sweeping statements that people make.

Usual sweeping statments, shut the fu*k up

No, i've not rented. By whilst i lived at home, a lot of my friends rented, and thats where we would be every night.

Some of the houses (majority), they could do what they want. They've had floorboards up, re-decorated the entire place, spent a fortune, and got nothing back when they had to leave/wanted to move on. Others have had smaller limitations.

My best friend has just moved out of a rented place, a nice 4 bedroom house, where they literally cannot do anything with the house whatsoever. So this is all ends of the spectrum, not just a "sweeping" statement.

Just because YOU haven't seen it (and im making the sweeping statement ) doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If you chose an interest only mortgage then your stupid. You paid more for that than we do on a normal mortage.
pow
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant something that you would want to leave a house in Windsor for. Like Oliver says, fucking moving out of my easy life at home to live on baked beans in some hovel in the middle of slough? Fuck that!
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what growing up and becoming independants about though.

Can't live off bank of mum and dad forever. its a personnal preference whether your still happy to be at home at 30, or wanting your own place, be it rented or bought.

When your younger, mums doing you dinner, washing your clothes, doing your ironing, then I can understand it
pow
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm only bloody 20

I do pay a fair wedge to live at home though, granted not rent sort of money but it I'm not "freeloading".
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this stigma attached to having to buy houses is generated by the uni lot thinking they are entitled to the best jobs, owning a house, and driving an audi as soon as they come out of uni
Eck
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How in the name of god has this thread turned into a debate about living arrangements?!
Ojc

12th May 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
this stigma attached to having to buy houses is generated by the uni lot thinking they are entitled to the best jobs, owning a house, and driving an audi as soon as they come out of uni

Any chance you might contact me today? I know getting on CorsaSport is your first priority these days but at least have the decency to reply you fucking welk.
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not in the office atm
^ ^
>
-----
mwg

12th May 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
How in the name of god has this thread turned into a debate about living arrangements?!

That might be something to do with me
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm only bloody 20

Man, you talk old on here I thought you were older than me
Ojc

12th May 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
not in the office atm
^ ^
>
-----

You are so full of shit you fucking prick, my god if you were here now I'd slap your face.
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop pumping anabol into your bum cheeks on a daily basis

[Edited on 12-05-2010 by Steve]
Eck
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm only bloody 20

Man, you talk old on here I thought you were older than me

Yeah that's because him and Deano are the wettest blankets on this site
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting quote from a bike site I use

At last the Forum members in the United Kingdom have got a new Primeminister. We have had a labour government for the past 13 years & although not everything they have done has been bad for My Country they have made some monumental mistakes. When Tony Blair came to power in 1997 he was presented with the best economy any incoming Primeminister had ever had. We now find ourselves with a national debt of £848 Billion...That is £848,000,000,000.00. I have calculated that you could give every Man, Woman & Child that attends all the Games in the Football Premiership & Half of those that attend the Matches in the Championship in a week a Million Pounds each as they walk through the turnstiles. 2.1 Million immigrants have come to this country in the past 5 years alone & 1.1 Million British people have left our shores to escape the Crime & lifestyle that have overtaken our society. Young Men want to be Gangsters, to Own a Pitbull & carry a Knife or even better a Gun, Young Girls now think its the norm roll drunk around in Vomit filled gutter on A saturday night in our city centres. We have become involved in 2 wars under false pretences & thousands of the best of our youth have paid the ultimate price on a Foreign field. The road ahead will be hard for us all & the problems that we have will not be solved over night & with out sacrifice by us all. I would like to Wish Our New P.M. good luck.
Ben G

12th May 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

i don't know but i'm guessing ojc will pick on me and say i'm bleating if i involve myself with this mass debate so i'll just sit and watch
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone raised a couple of good points on the radio.

First point, why is there all this bitterness? why are labour MPs going about saying they hope the Torys bring the country to its knees, why do they hope that? surely they should have the countries interest at heart, and that is far from having the countries interest at heart.

Secondly, what happens if this govt coalition is very successful, do everything right and bring the country to prosperity, how on earth do we go about voting for them both at the next general election
Ben G

12th May 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Plus the impending VAT increase

are you going to miss the extra 2.5% tax if it goes up to 20%?

when it went down to 15% it hardly made any difference at all, only for very big pricey purchases.

stop your moaning
Ben G

12th May 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'd love to have moved out at 21 I really would

I bet Ben doesn't really want to move out, hes just given in to his missus constanty whining.

Must be love.

seriously mate, i love the fact i'm moving out.

got sick of wasting my money on a car that was depreciating, nothing really special and far too common.

would rather invest my earnings in a property that will more than likely increase in price.

i see that as a wise decision.

i wouldn't move out if i couldn't get a nice house in a decent area, it's not worth it. so in your case, i'd stay at home.

and i'm 22 now
Ojc

12th May 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car has nothing to do with it.

I'm talking about tieing yourself down to the biggest commitment of your life at such a young age.

You haven't even had chance to spend your good wage of hookers and trips to Panama to snort cocaine off hookers arses.

Ya get me?
ed

12th May 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing I'd like to see is people treating their homes as places to live and not pension funds. I think it's ridiculous that people would rather be asset rich and cash poor, which is a fairly common site at the moment. If anything happens to the housing market then you can be ruined overnight. Admittedly pension funds and stick portfolios are just as risky, but if you have a sensible spread and cash in the bank you probably wont end up like a lot of people have over the past couple of years.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also why in this country is a house seen as an investment? It's somewhere you live? The only people to be able to appreciate your asset will be your kids when you die.

I don't get it, I'd buy a house that I liked and would want to stay in. I never see it as an investment or somewhere to tie up my savings, never had that mindset.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUCK ME ED YOU TWAT
ed

12th May 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm no fool Oliver.

<<  30    31    32    33    34  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost) 22 database queries in 0.1422899 seconds