corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)

New Poll
  <<  30    31    32    33    34    35    36  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jul 15 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This arrived this morning, exciting stuff.

The colour match is not 100% next to the seats to be honest, it's not too bad but it's a bit whiter and less cream. But I'll put it on and see what it looks like.

[Edited on 14-07-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

18th Jul 15 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed leather gear gator today, nice and easy job.

Colour match is not perfect, but actually looks better now its fitted than i was expecting.

Just wan't some cream rear calibra seats and that will be the inside finished, was playing with the idea of doing a carpeted false floor but i think i'd prefer just having the matching rear seats.
Dee25790

19th Jul 15 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks alright by my eye that mate. Not exact but if you hadn't mentioned it I doubt it would be noticeable
Haimsey
Premium Member

19th Jul 15 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice touch, looks smart.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Jul 15 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee25790
Looks alright by my eye that mate. Not exact but if you hadn't mentioned it I doubt it would be noticeable

Yeah it's not too bad. Looked worse out the car but seems fine now it's in, probably because it's darker inside.

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Nice touch, looks smart.

Thanks keeping the handbrake one black as it blends in with the carpet, think it would make the seats look too close together if that was cream as well but I think this ties in nicely with the seats without being ott.
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Jul 15 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally fixed my interior door handle today, ended up getting the rod out the door of my old corsa and swapping it which seems to have worked great. No idea what the issue with the rod was maybe it was bent which caused it to keep popping out?

Usual clean inside and out as well, with some photos

Was a drug deal going on behimd me while I took these photos
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Jul 15 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought some new number plates with my new reg on them, just went with plain plastic ones this time.

I've sent my stuff off for the plate to be transferred, so just waiting to get that back so I can put them on. Not sure how long that will take though.
Mark.W

23rd Jul 15 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my plate 3 weeks to be transferred to the car when i bought mine Jason
Jason x
Premium Member

23rd Jul 15 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only sent it last Friday, so got a while to wait then
Jason x
Premium Member

1st Aug 15 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my V5 back yesterday, so called my Insurance and got my plates on this morning.

I'm happy with how the plain plastic plates look.

Also got new exhaust rubbers, back box is hanging too low with the ones it's got now.

Still looking for some cream rear seats, not much planned after that don't really want to keep throwing money at the car anymore.

[Edited on 01-08-2015 by Jason x]
seanmooney

1st Aug 15 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jason, where did you get the badge for the boot lock?
Jason x
Premium Member

1st Aug 15 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it from a guy in Ireland
Jason x
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fit the exhaust rubber today, Backbox is a lot close to the bumper now so doesn't look like it's hanging off and it doesn't move or rattle while driving now.

New vs old

Swapped

Much tighter to the bumper now

Overall photos..

I think I'm going to look into the cost of getting my original Corsa club rear bench re-trimmed in cream leather to match the fronts, don't think I've got any chance of finding someone who's selling just the rears (In cream).

[Edited on 29-08-2015 by Jason x]
Ben G

2nd Aug 15 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What on earth is that gobbledegook language on your log book?
Jason x
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

, it's Welsh
Nic Barnes

2nd Aug 15 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame the join on your splitter isn't in the centre
Jason x
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Shame the join on your splitter isn't in the centre

Indeed. Not my doing though, already cut in the not so middle by the previous owner also had some wood screws attached when it arrived I just cut the ends.

Got some nicer pics of the corsa

Things to come/plans.

-Gloss black tigra scuttle panel to match the trim
-Paint the rear drums black
-Semi smoothed boot
-Cream rear seats to match the fronts

[Edited on 29-08-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

12th Sep 15 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't really done anything to the corsa recently, but yesterday I picked up some new mirrors that had just been painted - the black plastic bits are colour coded Arden blue

The old ones -

And swapped

Also took the rear seats out a few weeks ago, got bored of not having matching seats and I'm going to be selling the black ones as a set..

Very loud in side

have got some more updates to come soon..

[Edited on 12-09-2015 by Jason x]
Haimsey
Premium Member

12th Sep 15 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, I like the mirrors.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jason x
Premium Member

13th Sep 15 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Haimsey,

They tie in nicely with the colour coded door handles, only exterior plastic left unpainted is the scuttle but I need a new one before I can get it painted (broken)
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Sep 15 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally found some one breaking a Calibra who had cream Interior and was willing to sell the rears separately, bought them and arranged a courier and they arrived the other day.

I'd already put calibra rears in when I had back leathers but they came straight out a Corsa so had already been modified, these required a fair bit of work to get them in as the things on the backrest where in the wrong place to fit into a Corsa.

Still had my original club Interior so used them as the donors

20150918_153004 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

20150918_153015 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

And the Calibra ones arrived

20150918_153018 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Took the carpet off the back and swapped the frames/backs for the corsa ones

20150919_114458 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

20150919_115158 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Had to make my own holes for the split part as they don't have them standard on Calibra

20150919_121930 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Trimmed the carpet to match the shape of the corsa back as best I could then re attached with the plugs

20150919_151551 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

And overall pics in the car after a clean.

20150919_151705 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

20150919_152039 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

20150919_151922 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

20150919_152745 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Left the bottom as it was straight out of the Calibra to avoid the baggy bin bag look of the black ones I had which where black leather swapped onto the corsa bench

[Edited on 19-09-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Sep 15 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit worn but they do look comfy!

My misses has a Corsa C elegance and has all cream interior, nightmare to scrub up good
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Sep 15 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considering they are 20 years old they are actually in pretty good condition, lot better than the black ones I had anyway

oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Sep 15 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I say about my paintwork

Any other plans for it in mind?
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Sep 15 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah still got some more plans, will have an update next month which I'm looking forward to.

Interior wise I'm pretty much happy with how it is now

<<  30    31    32    33    34    35    36  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43) 24 database queries in 0.0224450 seconds