corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 09 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am, I dont think he is worth £17m but I understand thats what you pay if you want an English player.

Still, if the above payment structure is right, and we go on to get £8m for Arbeloa then I'll be very happy.
Danny P

23rd Jun 09 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Just face it, United are on the way down, selling off their best players and not able to attract any talent in.

I remember when United let Ince, Hughes & Kanchelskis go one pre-season. They were fine then, and they'll be fine now.

To think other wise would be foolish
Marc

23rd Jun 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember way back in 2006 when van Nistelrooy left and Cosmo declared we were fucked.

Look how that ended
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but you already had Ronaldo then and he stepped up and became the worlds best player.

Who is going to fill that void - Nani
Richie B

23rd Jun 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah but you already had Ronaldo then and he stepped up and became the worlds best player.

Who is going to fill that void - Nani

Antonio Valencia
Ojc

23rd Jun 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know someone who could fill the void
mikenoncorsa

23rd Jun 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC get on the phone to Sir Alex!!

[Edited on 23-06-2009 by mikenoncorsa]
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back from playing golf, i see one of cosmo's lemmings came to help.

I never claimed Berbatov would stop up to replace ronaldo, he can't. No-one can. All i said was he will improve next season and be a better player for us.

Onto Tom's united are fucked and on the slide, how many times do you have to say that to believe it?

Fergie knows what he's doing, and is a master. He will have his eye on players who can help make ronaldo's departure not seem as bad. We won't miss Tevez, Rooney does exactly the same as him, but is a better goalscorer. So hopefully he can play in position next seaosn more.

Will track back through the thread to quote the rest i've just seen
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
It remains to be seen if they break the transfer record, i think you may be holding onto the hope that they do.

I believe they won't, certainly without selling any players

Cosmo should we leave the internet now until the summers over

Quote me all you want, I don't think Liverpool have the money to break their own transfer record without selling players, even more so now. Unless you are all still sticking to the torres cost 99p and took a 50% paycut bollocks. Which may i add is another load of bollocks from your manager. (Over exaggerated (sp) to make my point)

May i add i also think Glen Johnson is a decent player, and will improve your team, but he's probably about 8million over-priced for being english
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh thank you strick for not letting us down
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, as much has been said by Alonso saying he is happy at Anfield, and i have no doubt he is.

I just get the impression from his quotes such as "anything can happen in football" that if an offer comes in for him, that he would be very interested in seeing what real madrid had to offer.

In the same situation with Masch, although i think he is likely to stay, atleast for another year.

So too early to start calling us a feeder club yet imo

But then i'll add Gerrard and Torres are unsignable by anyone for any money i think
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This isnt the compulsory hooked on the bait reply is it?

[Edited on 23-06-2009 by strick206]
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

This isnt the compulsory hooked on the bait reply is it?

Its the I told a few people to keep an eye on my bait until your return post
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't see it as bait tbh, wasn't even thinking about that. Just replying to a discussion about liverpool.

I haven't replied with any bait either, none of the alonso etc stuff is bait
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH you see it the opposite to me. I think Alonso is a 100% stayer and Masch is the most likely out the two to go. I dont think either will though.

According to some things I have read today, Masch is only on £25k a week and its being said a lot of this could be to get an improved contract.
jr

23rd Jun 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luis Jimenez, talk to me
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sheff United wanted him - you lot are fooked.
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

25k a week That's another thing hard to believe, although could easily be true

Just paying 20million for someone and then 25k a week doesn't seem to happy very often
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was my thinking. Its from the times or telegraph I think so it may not be true, but thats the figure they gave.
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My reasoning for thinking alonso is more likely to go is because i don't think barca need masch?

They have xavi and iniesta, and then yaya toure, so i can't see why they would need to sign him
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5397678,00.html

If he goes that would be chavski's biggest loss they could have imo
mikenoncorsa

23rd Jun 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO, i think Alonso will be off. Real just seem to be shelling out left, right, centre and if reports are to be believed then a ~£30million offer would be difficult to say no too. I can't see Liverpool making any signings either unless players are sold.
I don't think £17Million is over priced, at the end of the day Johnson is the first choice right back, therefore deemed to be the best in the country (English players) and will therefore demand a huge fee.

Where Utd are concerned, Fergie has been around far too long to not have a back up plan. We are talking about one of the greatest managers of all time. He knows exactlywhat he's doing. He made Ronaldo the player he is today and i'm sure he could do it again with whoever he signs. Berbatov is a class player, a modern day Cantona. It isn't about what he doesn't do, yes he's lazy but give him one chance to create and 9 times out of 10 you'll get an end product.

Thats just my un-biased (Unlike some) views on the main Utd/Liverpool argument. No bait, no intention to wind anyone up
strick206

23rd Jun 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9.44 Hull City Phil Brown has said he will present a financial package to Michael Owen within the next week. The Newcastle man looked non-plussed when quizzed over Hull's interest yesterday but as Brown says 'anything is possible in football'. Even a tan in January.

on Sky Sports website

mikenoncorsa

23rd Jun 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5397678,00.html

If he goes that would be chavski's biggest loss they could have imo

Definitely. They were a completely different team with Essien. Would be a massive loss
Cosmo

23rd Jun 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikenoncorsa
IMO, i think Alonso will be off. Real just seem to be shelling out left, right, centre and if reports are to be believed then a ~£30million offer would be difficult to say no too. I can't see Liverpool making any signings either unless players are sold.
I don't think £17Million is over priced, at the end of the day Johnson is the first choice right back, therefore deemed to be the best in the country (English players) and will therefore demand a huge fee.

The reason this cant be true is that Rafa would not fork out £17m on a RB if thats all he could buy before selling. Arbeloa was so bad that this was the weakest area of the pitch. Thats why I am sure he has allowed enough funds prior to sales for other areas which we are weak in.

quote:

Where Utd are concerned, Fergie has been around far too long to not have a back up plan. We are talking about one of the greatest managers of all time. He knows exactlywhat he's doing. He made Ronaldo the player he is today and i'm sure he could do it again with whoever he signs. Berbatov is a class player, a modern day Cantona. It isn't about what he doesn't do, yes he's lazy but give him one chance to create and 9 times out of 10 you'll get an end product.

Thats just my un-biased (Unlike some) views on the main Utd/Liverpool argument. No bait, no intention to wind anyone up

I dont doubt he probaby has a plan, he'd be a shite manager if he didnt (Id expect the worst manager in the world to have a plan when its been obvious he is leaving for a season!).

My problem is its one thing having a plan, its another having a plan where you can replace the best player in the world and not feel it. What are you going to do - sign someone just as good? Who? Is he going to click his fingers and create another Ronaldo out of Nani? Or another youngster there? Ready for this season?

Players like Ronaldo dont just come along like that. And he certainly wasnt made by Ferie, if he was then you'd have a team of Ronaldos all bought for peanuts and made into it by Fergie. You dont.

And as for Berb being the modern day Cantona - coming from a United fan that is a joke I hate that french cunt with all my mind and still I can see Berb is not a modern day Cantona

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0251091 seconds