corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers pow, U2U on the way!
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Badges now fitted, looks miles better ( except for the one that's missing )

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, these just turned up at my door, very pleased with them and I can't fault them at all, top bloke and I'll definately be using him again soon . I need to get my arse in gear and start fitting things

Badgersport

11th Dec 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The badges do look better.......wish i had of kept mine now haha!

And the flocked bits look mint......less pictures more fitting!
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed I'll be fitting it all over the coming week.
ChrisBoom

12th Dec 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pink paint behind the door cards will annoy you

Flocked bits look awesome though
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 09 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know but I'm going to fit everything and paint it at a later date, I'll just have to take cards off or mask them up, really can't be arsed painting everything first
Rich H

12th Dec 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another vouch for Davids work on the flocking too - seen plenty of his work in the "flesh" and it's ace
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 09 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, he's definately going to be doing more for me. I'm trying to get him to come back on here and make a thread as he's said if he gets enough work from the site he will offer a discount.
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking raging, some twat just pulled out on me and I had to swerve and slam on to avoid him, ending up on some grass at the side of the road then to make it worse he just drove off, whilst I'm sat there beeping on the grass luckily there's no damage to the car, did well to swerve as it's wet here aswell.
gazza808

14th Dec 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Fucking raging, some twat just pulled out on me and I had to swerve and slam on to avoid him, ending up on some grass at the side of the road then to make it worse he just drove off, whilst I'm sat there beeping on the grass luckily there's no damage to the car, did well to swerve as it's wet here aswell.

damn twat!

had that thursday except he hit me causing me too spin on the a1 and hit some one else, yet he still drove off

it's insane!

glad no damage though!
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here, although I'll be going back and having a word with him as I know where the car came from, my mum was in the car too and she very nearly shit herself
ChrisBoom

14th Dec 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it a landrover? They are XSI killers
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was some big 4x4 of some sort actually yeah, don't think it was a Landrover though.
ChrisBoom

14th Dec 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuckers

Wish I got off as lucky with the yellow one, only chance I had to aviod the cunt was the crash barrier
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bit of progress, I took the carpet up and got rid of the immobilizer. I'll need to use the heatgun in work for the deadening, like fookin concrete.

That's all I could be arsed doing
Badgersport

14th Dec 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Danny! Get the rest out.......the black stuff that goes up behind the dash is the heaviest. Get it cut as high as you or remove the dash and take out all together.

Ste
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I could have took it out then but I got bored and came home as it was freezing I'll crack on tomorow with the sound deadening. How is the electric motor held on inside the door, screws or spot welded?
Badgersport

14th Dec 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Each motor is held in with 3 rivets. Easy enough to drill out. Then either rivet the manual regs in or do what i did and bolt them back in
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok sound cheers, how long did it take you?can I use the plastic runners that are on it now (the long black things that grip the window I mean :lol)
Badgersport

14th Dec 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries. Took about 1hour in total to do both sides.

Yea you use the one runner currently on the car and then use the one that came with the manual windows.

The part that got me was tryin to get the window off the runner. The window is held in by a square thing that needs to be twisted before the window can be released........you will understand when you come to do it
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye yeah the long piece of metal on the manual one fits with the plastic bit, I get you. I;ll have a crack at it this week, I need to sort all the wiring in the back out aswell, tidy it up. I'm ordering 2 OMP harnasses this coming weekend aswell so I can get rid of the seatbelts and then fit the rear cards.
Badgersport

14th Dec 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved chopping the wires in the rear.........quite theraputic! Just make sure you trace them all back so you definatly know you can chop them. I chopped mine all the way back to the fusebox - I haven't had any issues.
ChrisBoom

15th Dec 09 at 04:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive tried twice to get manual windows in the scrappies, and couldnt for the life of me get the window off the runners, then id end up breaking it
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New wheel on the way, just need a boss now. Thanks to Ian for using his eBay

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 23 database queries in 0.0191231 seconds