corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting the windows off the runners is each, drop them down about half way, feel where the runner meets the windows in the middle of the door (facing the outsdie) and theres a little square plastic clip that needs turning 45 degrees and pulling off to free the window. Then once that is done it's a bit of jiggery pokery to get the windows out!
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, Really need to sort them soon
pow
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a set of manual > electric ones on an S2, Im fairly handy with a 106
Stuart H

30th Dec 09 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u got an email address or a website for the guy that done your flocking mate?
Picking up a phase 1 vtr tomorrow and fancy getting the dash done and a few other bits.

Car looks amazing btw mate!!
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Dec 09 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers pal yeah the guys website is http://www.atouchofflock.co.uk/
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Dec 09 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just thinking, I want some sort of handle on the new door cards, then I remembered I have 2 old dog leads...so I cut them to size, they are already stitched together at the top and they're some sort of leather/faux leather so are pretty rigid. I'm going to drill a hole through the top and rivet them to the door. Sorted.

ps, my thumb looks weird as it's bent stupid

[Edited on 30-12-2009 by DannyB]
John G

30th Dec 09 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the thumb comment danny
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Dec 09 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought, wtf my thumb looks small and fat
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Dec 09 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harnesses just turned up.

chrisritch

5th Jan 10 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any more progress?
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 02:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, waiting for steering wheel to arrive, got some manual winders on the way and an XSI badge, ordering the boss this friday. I'm taking the car up to trac prep this weekend though to fit everything as I'm off work and have no tools, plus they will make a better job of it
chrisritch

5th Jan 10 at 03:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, like the dog lead idea, might pop down to the local pound shop and grab a few for when the Vee Tee Ahh arrives
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 03:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah cheap and cheerful and does the trick, there's a guy on 106owners who had Porsche gt3 handles, 50 odd quid each.
chrisritch

5th Jan 10 at 03:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouch lol
going to be putting anything like battery kill switches or gizmo buttons on this?
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 03:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, I've no need to, it won't be entering any events or anything so need to really.
chrisritch

5th Jan 10 at 03:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but how do they look lol everyone knows switches = bitches
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 03:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd only use it if I was going to benefit from it or if I needed one.
chrisritch

5th Jan 10 at 04:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol think im gonna have a pussh start and the battery kill switch
the inner chav in me has always wanted a push button start lol.
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XSI badge.

DannyB
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some progress today, I decided to sort the wiring out in the boot, as I'll be taking the no longer needed brackets off I had to move the wiring so now it's all tucked away in the rear panel and not going up and over the wheel arch, when the new rear cards go on it will be hidden a lot more.

Before.

After.

No point showing the other side. XSI badge on, car is amazingly dirty.

Random pic.

DannyB
Premium Member

8th Jan 10 at 06:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found someone selling one piece griptape for footwells so I've bought some, it will look miles better than the strips I bought. Like this, I'll have to cut it to shape myself mind...

£28 for two, brilliant.

DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jan 10 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some real progress at last! Today I went down to Trac Prep to see Grant who fitted my manual window set up, front and rear fibreglass cards and harnesses, I also came away with some track wheels and tyres although the tyres and wheels are still there, I'm having them had a good day, Grant is a top guy and also met some of the locals off 106owners who were all sound lads. I forgot my camera so took a few shitty ones on my phone but I'll get proper pics tommorow.

Oh, and all going well I have found myself a 16v engine and cage, if the lad will split his Rallye I'm taking them.

This is the only pic I got of my car camera was so bad it wasn't worth it.

New wheels for track use, I'm going down through the week to refurb them before I fit the tyres.

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by DannyB]
Adam_B

9th Jan 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think ive sat in that blue passenger seat round the 'ring.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jan 10 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of yesterdays work at Trac Prep, car is filthy inside and out, will be giving it a good clean tommorow in work. I need to tape the overlap on the harnesses up aswell.

Make shift winder

[Edited on 10-01-2010 by DannyB]
ChrisBoom

10th Jan 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really good, I still havent touched mine

Rear harnesses, at the rear mount, is there a factory bolt hole there? Or is that been put there?

<<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 23 database queries in 0.0179911 seconds