corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Paul_JC

User status: Offline
7th Mar 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet you're glad you've got the fronts. Ray should be able to reposition the fronts for you. i bet they were first made for 18inch wheels or something.
Gary
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any engineer could lower the bag seat depending on how they are put togther.

Easier option. Spacers.
Paul_JC

7th Mar 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

Easier option. Spacers.

spacers? to lower the bag plate?
Paul W
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, happy they're on and i know everything works, tank holds pressure etc. Just need to wait for my other switches and gauges to arrive for getting the rear done and tweak everything. Wanna try and get it so the body is as close to the ground as poss when aired out, and have some decent pressure in the bags at cruising height for a decent ride.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Kieran
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See these when Tom had them. There mega cool! Wonder what the ride is like?
Gary
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
quote:
Originally posted by Gary

Easier option. Spacers.

spacers? to lower the bag plate?

Wheel spacers
Paul W
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kieran, the ride is actually alright with about 30psi in, feels alot like coilovers tbh. I'll take you for a spin at the mk meet or something if you want

Gary
Premium Member

14th Mar 12 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found that braided leader hose Paul.

Its 3/8NPT fitting both ends. If you want it just say and its yours.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Mar 12 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, just watched the video. Lift/drop speed is really good for paddle valves
Paul W
Premium Member

14th Mar 12 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah cool, how much you wanting for it? I'll have to have a measure up of my ports and let you know, can't remember whether they're 3/8 or 1/2 lol.

But yeah, i'm quite happy with the lift and drop speeds, just needs more lows on the front which is hopefully getting sorted soon, been speaking to a local race engineering company, hopefully they'll be doing the welding for the rear bags too so i can get it all aired out and get started on the stance with the new wheels s'all a mad rush before show season

Gary
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay postage and you can have it mate. I'm not using it, it was left over from an install ages ago
Paul W
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's awfully kind of you, much appreciated Gary you have a u2u

Paul W
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, slight update time. I was gonna keep all this hush hush until the shows buuuuut, fuck it.

First of all, new 2ltr front calipers with mintex pads and 256mm drilled and grooved discs. Feel so much better than the old standard ones, plus it's nice to be able to actually see the discs behind the wheels

Also freshened up the rear drums with a lick of paint to match

Got round to fitting my mist washer jets too, so much better than the pissy standard ones, the spray covers pretty much the whole screen

Inside we have the new steering wheel which has the steering wheel controls wired up and with white LED's for illumination to match the dash.

Along with the new steering wheel i relocated the headunit to the glove box and compartmentalised it with a bit of plastic cut to shape to separate it all, you can't really tell in the picture but it's there, stops things from falling or sliding under or behind the headunit and wiring.

Last but not least, new wheels

The car still looks a right state externally and a bit of a mess internally with most of the trim missing while i get the wiring and air line routing sorted. Talking of which, ran into a spot of hassle with the air ride, still need to get the rear bag plates welded. Been getting quotes of £200-£400 to do this which frankly is a bit much just to weld some circular plates to replace the spring cups. Need to find someone/somewhere to do it a bit cheaper i think. Which leads me to the next issue, the front struts, turns out i can't have my struts adjusted to sit lower, i'd need new struts made up, been quoted £480 for the new pair. But saying that, they'll be custom made to my car and will be as low as it'll possibly go on 15's, which is what i want. Kinda weighing my options up at the minute.

That's about all for now folks lots of work still to be done and lots of work still being carried out behind the scenes fingers crossed i can progress fairly rapidly for the meets/shows. I hate deadlines

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you're having fun that end Paul! I hope you manage to get it all sorted new bits look cool! I love the steering wheel!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it! Youll get there with the air ride in tre end.
Wheels <3 straight swap for mine

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has he got ur old bumper on danny?
Paul W
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Darryl yup, it's all fun and games...and money lol. I hope i do too, just want it done so i can enjoy it tbh.

Dan, yeah i spose it's all just money aint it. And no thanks, RM's are boring

Neil, yeah, running Dans old bumper for now, until i can put my smooth one on

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wicked update Paul,that steering wheel is boss,looks bang on next to the interior trim.

I like what you've done with the air gauge aswell.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Paul W
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan i think it definitely sets off the interior, plus it's cool being able to control the headunit with the controls on it

Well spotted on the gauge, will eventually be replaced by two gauges and i'll be moving the switches somewhere else i think.

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs buddy.

That's fancy isn't it,saves you opening glovebox and then looking up and finding yourself in a field.

[Edited on 22-03-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
M Sutton

22nd Mar 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks wicked paul!will look fully ace when it all done
Loving the new wheels too.
Jambo

22nd Mar 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I faring love this car.

Your attention to detail is great. Great ideas too, not just the usual crap.

That steering wheel looks fantastic, is it a Vectra one?

I enquirers few years back when I had mine and everyone was adamant no other steering wheels would fit due to the. Splines?!

I want another Corsa.
D0NN3R

22nd Mar 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love that the steering wheel matchs the dash good work mate
D0NN3R

22nd Mar 12 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are your washer jets off mate
Paul W
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that wouldn't be good Dan!

Cheers Mark, i'm hoping it'll be something a lil different to norm for a corsa, i'm sure you'll see me about as it gets done

Jambo, cheers dude, i do agree it's all in the details and that's what i'm aiming for, the nice little touches that you just pick up on when looking at the whole perspective. The steering wheel is indeed a Vectra GSI one. I did some research a while back and apparently any wheel pre 2000 will fit, as far as i'm aware it's when the astra g was brought out that the splines changed, so for example corsa c and astra g wheels have a different spline etc

Joe, the washer jets are from a citroen xsara iirc, not a straight swap but require a little modification. You have to cut some tabs off the underside of the jets so you have a decent circular bit on the bottom and then tap a thread onto that. There's a guide somewhere, can't remember where though, i'm sure you'll be able to find it with some googling

<<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0287621 seconds