corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  35    36    37    38    39    40    41  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Firestate88

User status: Offline
8th Apr 12 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M Sutton
Love it mate! Green centres and polished dishes imo
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

9th Apr 12 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think painted lips could work,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/campbellsteven/2591241121/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/campbellsteven/2592079666/in/photostream/

like you say if not could always get Dav @ Purklass to mirror polish them for you

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
thedaddy17

10th Apr 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what needles have you put on your clocks mate they look good
Steve
Premium Member

10th Apr 12 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like your dash has a headgasket failure lol
Paul W
Premium Member

10th Apr 12 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddy17
what needles have you put on your clocks mate they look good

They were from a Cav iirc

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
looks like your dash has a headgasket failure lol

I don't know how to respond to that? Cheers? lol

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Paul W
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my bolts arrived today from germany. Very happy with them.

Also got round to removing the sunroof and taking it apart to get to the slider panel. Had a go at re-trimming it, was an utter ballache doing it all but i got there in the end. Pretty happy with how it's turned out, although it's hard to see from the pics

Same colour leather as the seats, which is also colour matched to the dash. The headlining is out and i'll be having a go at trimming that up as well, fingers crossed that goes well

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Paul! Looks great!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Paul W
Premium Member

12th Apr 12 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Darryl I am never removing a sunroof by myself again after that, absolute ballache but well happy with the result

Darryl H
Premium Member

12th Apr 12 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough! looks great up there though so I guess it was worth it

Paul W
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More progress today, even though it's only a lil bit

Currently have no centre caps for the OZ turbos and for whatever reason they're like rocking horse shit to find, and when they do pop up they go for mega money. Been looking but nothing so far, so figured i'd have a go at making some myself.

Got some spare plexiglass type sheeting which looked perfect for the job. Measured up and cut out with the dremel and then slowly took it down bit by bit on the sander until perfect.

Got two options with these as the centre cap recess is quite deep, so they sit quite far in.

Doubled up they sit pretty perfectly flush

Got some spare bumper bar brackets as mine are currently not sitting right, i think that's why my bumper never wants to go on properly, so painted those up.

Also got a twin tone horn off an Astra, cleaned and painted those up with the brackets.

Possibly the biggest thing today, took the rub strips off. Still gotta get used to it, but i think once all the smoothed stuff is painted and on it'll look a treat. Also, got the dreaded cloudy lacquer, hopefully heat gun and a polish will sort that out though.

Got MOT booked for next tuesday and going to the body shop tomorrow to see about getting it booked in for some major body work goings on.

Watch this space

[Edited on 13-04-2012 by Paul W]

Darryl H
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good Paul! Going to be at MK?

Paul W
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it passes MOT it will. But i don't think it'll be on air. And it'll still be patchwork panels. And half the interior will be missing so basically fingers crossed but it'll be a right shed

Darryl H
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough mate! Can't wait to see it once you've added all these new bits!

Paul W
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same tbh! lol. Deadline for having it 'finished' is PVS so should be do-able. I'm hoping it'll mostly be done in the next few weeks tbh

Darryl H
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough! Sounds like you have it all planned out! Looking forward to the updates as usual

nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never heard of a hair dryer or heat gun not being able to sort out cloudy patches from behind the bump strips so it should be fine as long as you're careful.

MX5 Project Thread
Minty_Fresh

15th Apr 12 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why don't you measure the thickness you need for the centres to sit flush and take the templates to a laser cutter?

I had the same problem and cost me £15 to have them made in steel..
Paul W
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£15 seems a decent price, that for a full set i take it? Tbh i don't know anywhere near me that does laser cutting

Jon_C
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What size discs would you require? Any idea of thickness?
Paul W
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The template I've made is 159mm diameter and 6mm thick Jon

Jon_C
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could probably knock you up some discs and lob them in the post to you if it would be any help
Paul W
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would actually be legendary if you could! Want some cash throwing your way for doing it?

Suppose metal caps would be a lot better than plastic, would be less prone to breakin

Jon_C
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kinda metal would you want??? Got some 5pm steel laying about. Could do that for free for ya. Might have some stainless steel which you could polish but my boss would charge you.
Paul W
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what metal would be best, it'll be getting painted up with the barrels anyway so i'd imagine anything would do as long as it doesn't rust/corrode too much on the back of it and is fairly light

Minty_Fresh

16th Apr 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ glad I mentioned it

<<  35    36    37    38    39    40    41  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0272131 seconds