corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  35    36    37    38    39    40    41  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
Ben G

User status: Offline
1st Feb 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gloss black surrounds gav? Did you spray them yourself? They look great.
BeetleGav

1st Feb 13 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates a vinyl wrapper, got him to use some spare vinyl he had and chucked him a tenner. Very happy with it
Ben G

1st Feb 13 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky I tried vinyl wrap and fIled miserably I thino I prefer them gloss black. Mine are matte at the moment and look a bit cheap.
BeetleGav

1st Feb 13 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post them to my mate to be wrapped
Jambo

1st Feb 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a Simota filter, same as Gruppe M without the price tag and Epoints. I have on mine, sounds fantastic.

Also Ben FFS fit the proper badges back then you wont have an issue with the bonnet one not fitting
CORSA NUT

1st Feb 13 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Simota I had on my old 325i sounded completely epic just used to boot it everywhere just to hear the noise.
Ben G

1st Feb 13 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Post them to my mate to be wrapped

May have to take you up on that offer! would save me having to respray them every 2 months due to stonechips

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Also Ben FFS fit the proper badges back then you wont have an issue with the bonnet one not fitting

the bonnet one did fit in the end, it just required some excess plastic trimmed from the back of the badge. no big deal as you obviously can't see it.

the carbon badges look much better imo than the standard badges (more so on a grey/black car). on most other colours, i would agree that standard badges look better.
BeetleGav

2nd Feb 13 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was your number plate holder riveted on? Utter bastard that I'm gunna have holes on show
Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine never came with a number plate holder, just had a number plate with 2 screws in it.

now i've fitted the shorter plate, you can see the 2 screw holes but i'm going to try and find some small covers for them, until the bumper gets a respray.
Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been doing some insurance quotes, as my renewal is due end of march, but i'm 25 in april.

basic quotes are:

24, with accident declared:

£708.08

NCB (not protected), 12 month policy, £250 voluntary excess, 1 non fault accident, 2 named drivers.

25, with accident declared:

£642.36

NCB (not protected), 12 month policy, £250 voluntary excess, 1 non fault accident, 2 named drivers

not really much difference, but still annoying that the price can change that much because of 2 weeks difference.

and just for fun, one without the accident:

£577.70

NCB (not protected), 12 month policy, £250 voluntary excess, no accidents, 2 named drivers

bloody women

[Edited on 02-02-2013 by Ben G]
BeetleGav

2nd Feb 13 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not too bad. But at 22 I'm paying 840 so yours should I would have thought be less than that. Actually no because of the accident gutted
BeetleGav

2nd Feb 13 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just leaving this here

Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:mad !!!! are they as comfy as they look? Mine lack any lower back support (lumbar) so.are rubbish on long journeys.

Heres the smaller plate. Doesn't look too much different from standard, just gets rid of the excess white plastic.

Before:

After:

And the screw holes now on show

BeetleGav

2nd Feb 13 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah there quite comfy. Very solid though, ended up with a numb right arse cheek twice on the long drive home ended up driving side saddle for abit with cruise control on

Think I'm going to end up with 4holes on show with my plates the two holding the plate holder on and the the two holding the plate on which appear long enough to go through the holder and the bumper, twats!

[Edited on 02-02-2013 by BeetleGav]
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plates look awful Ben, sorry
Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awful compared to what? They're hardly any different.

The standard plate didn't sit in the space properly. This one does.
BeetleGav

2nd Feb 13 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to sit the plate abit lower btw
Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried that and wasn't keen on the look. No plate looked good and it got loads of comments in work yesterday. Wouldn't risk it all the time though
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you get the plates?

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fancyplates.com

BeetleGav

2nd Feb 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My plates guna be stuck on with black Velcro which I'm hoping won't stand out too much if I decided to take them off for photos. But I've got a choice of pressed metals or my plastic ones
Jon_C
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Plates look awful Ben, sorry
Ben G

3rd Feb 13 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i like it

finally got round to putting the side repeater badges on. the original badges were an absolute ballache to remove, as i superglued them onto the clear indicators.

after soaking them in hot soapy water for a couple of hours, i managed to get them off and get the carbon badges on.

the indicator housing is removed by simply turning it anti-clockwise. not the best anti-theft device

you can see how badly i need some spacers on the rear. 20mm at least. unfortunately i missed out on some cheap ones on ebay last night. they were macht schnell ones, which i'm told is a good quality make. gutted
BeetleGav

3rd Feb 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm looking at spacers for the rear too haha to say how wide the rear wheels are there a shocking arch fit!

Think I need a new indicator Because the one that's been hit is wobbly glad you told me they twist off though
Ben G

3rd Feb 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the actual indicators aren't too expensive iirc. think the clear ones were about 20 quid each.

checked the badges when i removed them and the chrome around the edge is pitted and looks shite

<<  35    36    37    38    39    40    41  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 24 database queries in 0.0218790 seconds