corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  35    36    37    38    39    40    41  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
26th Jul 13 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a long 3 weeks. Need my f1 fix.
Dave

26th Jul 13 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like its going to be a Red Bull procession, barring any mechanical/tyre issues.
JonnyJ

26th Jul 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. FFS, nothing worse. Lets hope Webber can nab 2nd and punt Seb off at the start.

This Red Bull dominance is almost as bad as the Schumacher/Ferrari years. Lets hope next seasons rule changes shake it up a bit
JonnyJ

26th Jul 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Been a long 3 weeks. Need my f1 fix.

Goes away for another 4 weeks after this
Ben G

26th Jul 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still waiting for webber to kamikaze into seb as revenge. Maybe this weekend is when that time comes?
Ben G

27th Jul 13 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes

Driver of the year, without a doubt!

May go tits up tomorrow, but it doesn't matter.
Aaron

27th Jul 13 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton just owned Quali
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. However you know in the race after ten Laps his tyres Will go shit and he will drop to fifth.

All things equal I think he's the fastest driver. However in that Mercedes all things aren't equal atm

[Edited on 27-07-2013 by Steve]
Ben G

27th Jul 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean steve? Who do you think is lead driver? Rosberg?

German team, german lead driver, you'd think.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you support Hamilton?
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smashed it.

I hate Sundays this year for some reason

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

28th Jul 13 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
What do you mean steve? Who do you think is lead driver? Rosberg?

German team, german lead driver, you'd think.

He means he doesnt have equal equipment, put them all in the same car and he would win loads, hes only as fast in the race as his tyres will allow, which wont be fast enough. Quali teaches you so much about how fast a driver is, first can he beat his teammate, you have identical tyres and car, then can you beat the opposition. Lewis does both and the former with ease. Hes the fastest driver on the grid.

The race is out of his hands with the tyres. He cant just blast away because he'll nuke them in a few laps, he cant manage them because doing so will leave him battling in the midfield. A real shame as i struggle to believe even his biggest hater can see what he did today and not go "wow".

[Edited on 28-07-2013 by JonnyJ]
JonnyJ

28th Jul 13 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Smashed it.

I hate Sundays this year for some reason

Same. I even told myself not to get excited if it goes well today but i cant help it, absoloutely buzzing again but i just know tomorrow ill be disallusioned with the sport again as Vettel wins and Lewis drags it home in 6th.
Dave

28th Jul 13 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's seems a massive shame that we are in an era where there are 4 truly brilliant drivers in the competition at the same time but we don't get to see them compete properly because of something as simple as tyres. Surely even Vettel bumming Bernie can see this is a real opportunity for a golden age of the sport.

[Edited on 28-07-2013 by Dave]
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do hate all this tyre crap
JonnyJ

28th Jul 13 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
It's seems a massive shame that we are in an era where there are 4 truly brilliant drivers in the competition at the same time but we don't get to see them compete properly because of something as simple as tyres. Surely even Vettel bumming Bernie can see this is a real opportunity for a golden age of the sport.

[Edited on 28-07-2013 by Dave]

Exactly. I suppose its not as easy as saying, just give them all super hard tyres and watch them all fight within tenths of a second because all the cars treat tyres differently, so someone will always have an advantage, though hopefully it would be closer as they would be more consistant.

In a day and age where we have drs, kers and teams closer than ever we dont need super quick degrading tyres to have good racing.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turn 4 at this track would have me on edge every lap though, wicked blind apex have to have balls to commit to that.
JonnyJ

28th Jul 13 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing how they hit it isnt it. The sheer belief they have that their cars will stick too, they just launch it in, and their view is much worse than the onboard we see. Supreme skill, I'd love to have a day in one, just to see how far I'd be off the pace of the top guys

Thats why i love to watch quali also, to see the cars on the absolute edge, the change of direction is mind blowing!
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of these drivers road cars are strange. Passat blue motion
JonnyJ

28th Jul 13 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis has a Zonda Im pretty sure hes limited to what he can drive (or be seen driving) due to his contract with Mercedes (has to be a merc or merc powered), was the same at Mclaren.
Ben G

28th Jul 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who has that? Some of the guys have proper motora though.

I suppose after driving an f1 all weekend, it's nice to get in something slow and cruiser like, rather than risk losing your license in a ferrari.
John

28th Jul 13 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure there was an F1 driver on topgear years ago who was saying that. He didn't need something fast to go to the shops in.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lively start to this one! Just waiting for lotus to take out Vettel and Lewis tyres to give up!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Boi

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Puncture or gearbox, what do you reckon?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  35    36    37    38    39    40    41  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0229681 seconds