corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  36    37    38    39    40    41    42  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Jon_C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Apr 12 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a look today. Not got any stainless that's thick enough. Same for ally. Sorry. Thought we had some Best I can offer is mild steel. If its of any use give me a shout.
Paul W
Premium Member

16th Apr 12 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, well im sure mild steel would still be better than plastic, i'll just prime and paint the whole lot to protect it from corrosion. I appreciate the effort dude, really do

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Gary
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh hai Paul! Still got that leader hose here, completly forgot to sent it out! Will get it sent this week
Jon_C
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate. I will get them done this week. Pm me an address and I will get them in the post to you soon as I can
Paul W
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Gary, i completely forgot myself tbh

Top man, Jon! I'll drop you a u2u

Just got back from MOT. Few things, firstly, it failed on excessive movement in top mounts. So need to get them changed, but what would that be, do i just need to get new rubber mount components or do i need to buy whole new top mounts including the bearings and everything? Secondly, i left my HID's in just to see if they would pass or fail, just so i would know for certain instead of all this guess work from posts online where it seems a bit of a grey area. They passed. They're 4300k H4 bi-xenon from MJ on here in depo's. So i'm happy with that.

So all in all, if i can get the top mounts done sometime this week and get it in for the re-test it will be at the MK meet shedding it up

Paul W
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my headlining done and all in

Hard to get a decent picture with the shit weather and overcast light. Now im unsure what to do with the rest of the trim, i.e. the sun visors, roof handles and all the little bits of plastic, either spray them up, or leave them the lighter standard colour. I'd like to have the sun visors trimmed up in the leather i know that much, trouble is they've got the mirrors and lights in them so that'd be harder than normal ones. Might see about getting some quotes for getting them done.

Also now thinking of doing the door cards in black leather to match. Slowly working through the to do list

D0NN3R

18th Apr 12 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roof lining looks awesome
vx-scottw
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well nice Paul
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks good Paul!

If I find them before the meet I can bring some of the merit sun visors you can have?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Paul W
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dudes well happy with it, can't keep my hands off it now

Darryl, cheers for the offer but i'd like to keep the illuminated ones, my mrs likes being able to look at herself y'know . Gotta have a look see how they come apart methinks

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks great Paul.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We know it's for you really

Paul W
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan

Busted, someones gotta admire me for looking this good

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks Awesome fitted bro

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Jon_C
Premium Member

20th Apr 12 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got your pm mate. Not forgotten you. Been making wheel spacers for my car this week. All being well I will get on with your plates Monday lunchtime
M Sutton

20th Apr 12 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Paul
Paul W
Premium Member

20th Apr 12 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries Jon. And cheers Mark

Paul W
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So went to the MK meet shedding it up at the weekend, was an awesome day as always and good to catch up and chat to everyone. Figured i'd steal peoples pics , cheers to those who got some

Generally looking worse for wear at the minute but it's going through a lot of changes and im pretty much always fiddling around with stuff so thats why there's tools and wiring and all sorts everywhere .

Dropped off my front air struts today and new ones are being made up which will potentially lower me a further 60-80mm than what it was, with room to possibly go lower. So they'll be ready for me in 3 weeks ish time.

I may have told some of you at the meet about the bump strip problem. Removing the driver side rear rub strip revealed that the door had been blown in at some point and they'd just masked the molding off so now i have different colours underneath and a step in the lacquer. So all these numerous little defects along with the fact i need the rear quarter painted from the cunty woman in the van have made me think of opting for a full respray, or at least a full outside blow over. I'm gonna try and do all the prep work, fillering and priming myself before handing over to the body shop for paint. So still lots of work to do before i'm happy, and not really a lot of time to get it done.

So here's a quick 'to do' list for the deadline of PVS:

Interior-

Final re-trimming (sun visors)
Paint trim (pillars, roof plastics etc)
Possibly re-trim door cards in black leather
Final routing of wires/air lines etc.
Black carpet
Re-fit rest of trim
Custom heater panel illumination

Exterior -
Paint, re-build and fit tyres on OZ turbo's
Rear beam modification/welding for bag plates
Fit and plum in all air ride
Prep and paint all loose panels (vented wing, smooth bumper, bonnet, weld new tailgate etc.)
Prep and paint all plastics
Prep exterior for blow over.

I think that's the main points. There's probably so many more little things to do but i can't recall off the top of my head. I really wish i had a unit or somewhere to work, would make things so much easier, but oh wells, the joys of a driveway build . So yeah, that's that, if i can get it semi finished to the point i can just enjoy it before pvs i'll be happy .

Darryl H
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck Paul!

Looking forward to seeing it painted!

Firestate88

23rd Apr 12 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars looking good dude, if you need it painting i know a good bodyshop that could give you a price lol
M Sutton

24th Apr 12 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a long list of things to do Paul!! Good luck with getting it done before PVS im sure itl look awesome as it even looks good now
Jon_C
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Posted your bits today mate. Should be with you by the weekend
Paul W
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Darryl i can't wait to get started on the body/paintwork, sick of it looking a shed

Firestate, i think i'll be getting it done at a local body shop where my dad used to work, should be able to get it done fairly cheap that way.

Cheers Mark i think im gonna need it . Congrats on the baby btw

Top man Jon! Drop me a u2u with postage costs and stuff and i'll shoot you some beer money dude.

M Sutton

25th Apr 12 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers buddy
nibnob21
Premium Member

26th Apr 12 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to look amazing when that list is done! I'm still impressed you managed to save it from after the crash.

What steering wheel is that you have, is it the Vectra B GSi Irmscher one? Have you wired up the steering wheel stereo controls?

MX5 Project Thread

<<  36    37    38    39    40    41    42  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0343649 seconds