corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  36    37    38    39    40    41    42  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Sep 13 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the hell possessed you to give her your keys!
Ian W

15th Sep 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

School boy error
John

15th Sep 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's both funny and rubbish considering how particular you are about the car

Absolutely immaculate until the missus drives it
Ben-B

15th Sep 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the bright side, Id say anal is on the cards
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could have been worse.

My Ex reversed my old car through a garage door when she used it...

[Edited on 15-09-2013 by djgritt]
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
School boy error

I know I know

She had some work to do after we got home so she didn't want to drink, so I could hardly refuse as I had a bit of a beer craving this aft.

We were going to take her car too, but I wanted to take mine out on a longer run to further gauge the noise change since changing that bushing...

Lessons learned, I've emailed the powder coating place to see if they can repaint in the same colour so I don't need to get all four repainted.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Could have been worse.

My Ex reversed my old car through a garage door when she used it...

[Edited on 15-09-2013 by djgritt]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben-B
On the bright side, Id say anal is on the cards

She's bummed me enough this weekend...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

15th Sep 13 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't imagine my rage if my missus did that! glad she doesn't get near my car!

didn't you say about 40 times to be careful before handing the keys? I would have
Simon_16v

16th Sep 13 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
I couldn't imagine my rage if my missus did that! glad she doesn't get near my car!

didn't you say about 40 times to be careful before handing the keys? I would have

I drove to her parents and I pulled onto their drive, then backed out and reversed it on instead. She took the piss when I said I was doing it so that she didn't have to worry about backing it out, she could just drive out forwards.

Turns out forwards is too fucking difficult too.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

16th Sep 13 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kin ell fonz pwned
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Postman did his best to cheer me up today, with this delivery:

Ian @ Godspeed brakes said he'd include some FREE ceratech paste (metal free copper slip basically) but he forgot, so I had the awkward job of complaining about a freebie

Needless to say, it's now in the post

Next up, I got some more pictures of my wheel/tyre opportunity - he's cleaned them up and they don't half look bad

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Additionally, a few months ago I exchanged my OEM centre section exhaust for some beers with a local lady who has recently joined Subaru ownership. She has just bought a set of the prodrive wheels like mine which means she's got 4x standard 17's with tyres sat in her shed which she'll lend me for a week while mine are refurbed... again.

Better than being on stands for a week

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

16th Sep 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is she fit?
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

them tyres look like they have been over inflated, coupled with some aggressive camber..

[Edited on 16-09-2013 by chris_uk]
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I thought similar. It seems two have got more inside wear than the other two which presumably he had on the front. I'm using less camber at the rear so I'll put them on the back to minimise further wear in that area.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Sep 13 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 19-09-2013 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Sep 13 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I decided to get a headstart on the weekend and get my car jacked, wheels off and standed on Friday night. Once up, I had half an hour to spare so I re-checked all the bolts at the front end to try and nail down this clunk I was getting over bumps and in bends.

Track rod ends, ball joints and struts were all fine - but found the bottom bolt of the passenger side ARB droplink to be a little loose. Upon trying to tighten it, the nut just freely span on the bolt... stripped!

I was very hopeful of this being the cause, so left the car on stands happy.... I'd tackle it in the morning.

Up bright and early on Saturday and took my two wheels off to the powdercoaters again to rectify my misjudgement of letting her drive the car.

On the way home I picked up an M10x60mm bolt to sort the ARB out.

10mins after getting home, voila:

I noticed with the wheels off that my disks had some black staining on them, wondering if these are pad deposits which were nuked on at Trax. No amount of brake cleaner and scrubbing would sort it.

I took 30mins to get organised before tackling the brakes:

And sorted out my other goodies for the day, BC Racing adjustment extenders and a tow strap:

Obligatory old vs new:

Still loads of meat on my old pads, which I'd expect in only a couple thousand miles - so I'll box and keep for a rainy day.

Tighter fit than the old ones, but a few dollops of copper slip later...

Repeat across all the corners, about 20mins in total.

I then popped off my driver side fog light cover and found an appropriate looking bolt to host my tow strap on. I need to clarify the location properly but I think this point is structurally solid...

Can poke it out so it's obvious I've got one on a track day, but it hides nicely behind the cover the rest of the time

Here's how she looks in "track" trim

Next up, rear bench out and quick install of the extenders:

This is all the evidence with the bench back in place:

Had a couple of 10-20minute shakedown runs, first off - the front end clunk is indeed SORTED

The new pads are a bit more vocal, little bit of squeel during low pressure braking and the clunking which I had with the old pads is still present when changing from forwards to backwards or backwards to forwards. The up front bite of the pads is immediately better though, absolutely brutal on heavy braking and already that black staining has been burned away.

Looking forward to seeing how they last on track, hopefully I've ironed out all of the weak links in the car - and it's only myself which needs improvement on the day

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Sep 13 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and the tyres, first impressions are very very good. Grip feels fantastic, bit droney at speed but they'll only see mileage on track days so not a concern for me!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

22nd Sep 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that tow strap ont bumper lad? still looks good on your track wheels
chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Sep 13 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yea.. They drone like fuck.. Ive just forgotten since ive had them for so long.

Ive just snapped my toe eye whilst undoing it.. Fuck.. Now i gotta sort something out in 4 days.
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Sep 13 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
that tow strap ont bumper lad? still looks good on your track wheels

It's on the bumper bar thingy, it's metal anyway

The threaded hole you see to the right of it is the proper tow eye hole and I shall endeavour to get a threaded bolt to match and up the strap in there.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

22nd Sep 13 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is going far too scene for my liking...
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Sep 13 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
This is going far too scene for my liking...

I don't even know what that means

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  36    37    38    39    40    41    42  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0273509 seconds