corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pics from york raceway today (56k yeah right)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pics from york raceway today (56k yeah right)
ClioF7R

User status: Offline
28th Mar 05 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Craig, can't believe you sold the clio... saw it yesterday and though it was you!

I know mate, great car, but I was ready for a change, and the fact it was stripped out, noisy as fuk, and needed a full tank of fuel every 2 days (£12 to a tank) was doing my head in a bit! plus it wasnt doing anything for the birds I was dating lol!

Wasnt after a scooby, but this one came up from a mate, and was absolutely mint so bought it. Its a bit quicker than the clio, but its pretty much standard engine wise, but the ladies love the cream leather

I wouldnt mind a corsa turbo or another 2.0 clio for a project car tho! just cant afford it at the mo!
ClioF7R

28th Mar 05 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
and its on the end of this vid-

http://www.bookatrack.com/-PFadam20xe219722583?adam20xe&2197&22583&video/x-ms-wmv

yeh i noticed that too mate lol, iv shown the vid to its new owner, he forgot to put his clocks forward so was running late for the york meet hehe

[Edited on 28-03-2005 by ClioF7R]
Wrighty

28th Mar 05 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone got pics/more info on that green nova-has it got 2 engines or something?
Adam_B

28th Mar 05 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 engine let
LukeGSi

28th Mar 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Remeber that mint green nova that everybody was raving about a while back saying its worth 10k easy blah blah....

This astra pisses his spec. Looking at pics of course it looks just another gsi.

But how many N/A cars without nos keep up with phase 3.5 turbo'd smaller cars. Outhandle scoobs round rounderbouts ( i was in the scoob and we were sliding to fook).

Also got a stack dash, F25 straight cut box from a vectra touring car, brakes and suspention specially made for the car.

Fook me I reckon just the head on the engine is worth more than half the cars on here...

Ive seen lesser spec engines from tuners up for £10250, and thats without the box etc...

Plus biggest thing hes done the entire car himself except spraying.

I suppose its different courses for different horses. I'm a petrolhead at heart, and get the biggest buzz off things being pushed to the limit.

Other people on here are obviously motivated by looks in the main! Fair play to these people!

Tim, I totally agree with all you have said above, although, I never commented on the cars value, performance or spec, I simply pointed out that in my opinion it looks awful! to the owner - he has a fast car and should be proud of doing most of the work himself.
Adam_B

28th Mar 05 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeGSi
quote:
Remeber that mint green nova that everybody was raving about a while back saying its worth 10k easy blah blah....

This astra pisses his spec. Looking at pics of course it looks just another gsi.

But how many N/A cars without nos keep up with phase 3.5 turbo'd smaller cars. Outhandle scoobs round rounderbouts ( i was in the scoob and we were sliding to fook).

Also got a stack dash, F25 straight cut box from a vectra touring car, brakes and suspention specially made for the car.

Fook me I reckon just the head on the engine is worth more than half the cars on here...

Ive seen lesser spec engines from tuners up for £10250, and thats without the box etc...

Plus biggest thing hes done the entire car himself except spraying.

I suppose its different courses for different horses. I'm a petrolhead at heart, and get the biggest buzz off things being pushed to the limit.

Other people on here are obviously motivated by looks in the main! Fair play to these people!

Tim, I totally agree with all you have said above, although, I never commented on the cars value, performance or spec, I simply pointed out that in my opinion it looks awful! to the owner - he has a fast car and should be proud of doing most of the work himself.

agreed, does look a bit better in real life tho, but imo the light things, vent and stickers spoil it. vent obviously needs to be there but maybe a different style would work better. another thing you cant tell from the pics is that it sounds amazing as well
Wrighty

28th Mar 05 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Longs bp garage-u lot so came through my home town lol,and i missed you all
Siberia

29th Mar 05 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is the sh!t

timrud_

29th Mar 05 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The nova van is another of my good mates cars...

In rotherham we have a random collection of stupid vauxhalls. Dunno of anywhere in country with more lol!

Phase 3.5 turbos:
Nova Van
Silk Violet GSi
Me

Other LET's
Mk3 Astra (Phase 2)
Mk2 Astra GTE Champion (Collins chip - 270bhp ish)

N/A's
The Mk3 Black Astra I love (TB's)
Blue Nova (Plate ends in GAL) (TB's)

Not bad for a group of mates

And they ALL have black wheels LOL
timrud_

29th Mar 05 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooops, double post

[Edited on 29-03-2005 by timrud_]
Tappits

29th Mar 05 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The white nova that’s just sticking out is also an XE on TB's I do believe
not as fast as the other 2 though

And all the cars that ran on that day from Rotherham has black wheels

Even me with my goooooooood CDI wheels.
timrud_

29th Mar 05 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL Tappits...

I think you won your class that day....

Class Z: Cars with no suspention

Tappits

30th Mar 05 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
LOL Tappits...

I think you won your class that day....

Class Z: Cars with no suspention

Cars with no springs
BeArDy

30th Mar 05 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i am sorry tim but i dont think you can not have seen the workmanship that has gone into that Green Nova, The spec of the Astra may be better (more power etc) as bretts nova is only the SBD208 kit but that astra is no where in the same league as that nova.
all that spec and he runs a standard oil cooler, the nova was built with no expsence spared....
As for Spec and attention to Detail Bretts is Far Far better; for speed and power the astra maybe as i think bretts is only 200bhp

BYRON

30th Mar 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perfection that is. Has it been sold yet?
leeshez

30th Mar 05 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some nice piccys there
timrud_

30th Mar 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy, so the Nova is in concourse condition. I'll give it that over the Astra.

But the brakes and suspention on the astra were specially made for it, interior they look equal (buckets and stack dash). I'd say the astras transmission is better.

Apart from the fact its cleaner, I cant see what gives it the edge!
timrud_

30th Mar 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the rocker covers are the same coliur ROFL

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pics from york raceway today (56k yeah right) 22 database queries in 0.0143270 seconds