corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Back from Donny

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Back from Donny
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Apr 06 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
Mark, the stand awas crap in all fairness

yes it was, just saved us walking to far tho lol, and was cheap cheap
Robin
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, but if matt wants to show with them, at pvs (which i doubt they'll have a stand for) then thats fair enough
broster
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
Fad

17th Apr 06 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted to hear the turnout was a bit poor as I know for a fact Brad slogged hard to drum up interest. Seemed to me like a lot of people made iddle promises to show which didnt help things.

IMO and this is not an attack on kitted up cars (or Northen people), a lot of people wernt prepared to travel to Donny just to see a lot of chavved up car (which this show has a rep for) and as bad as it sounds this is how I felt. I think its also down to the sweeping change in tastes on this site more to subtle and performance cars as more and more often kitted up cars that get posted up tend to get quite a bit of abuse.

Got a great feeling PVS and Trax will be great shows for CS as they are renound for cracking turnout so it sound like a lot of time and effort will be put into these shows. Love the idea of having plates with our user names on them, maybe if we charged a small fee for them in order to go on the stand it will reduce if not eliminate drop outs.
fat_rew

17th Apr 06 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car was on the CS stand all weekend and was covered in 2" of dust by the end of it. Can see why other people moved. We just got unlucky with a crap location. It felt like we were tucked out of the way

The whole show just didnt feel right, too many chavs, not enough genuine enthusiasts.
jr

17th Apr 06 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad

IMO and this is not an attack on kitted up cars (or Northen people),

why i find this funny i dont know
Cheb

17th Apr 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at the donny show, but went on the vauxhall sports car club stand on sat, i thought you was fully booked for the event.

but would it be best to do a deposit for members who want to show there car with you, on the day they get the cash back, if not, goes to the club for other stuff, that way it kinda sort the people who are serious and the ones who arnt.
splatgraphix

17th Apr 06 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you probably know im doing the stickers t shirts etc etc etc for you all.

thought it might be interesting to note that in 3 months no one has ordered a t shirt, polo shirt etc etc.

My own personal feelings is more people need to order these to advertise the site better.

John

http://www.splat-graphix.co.uk
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of all the people on your post saying il have a t-shirt etc not one person has actually bought one

if i knew people were going to a show and were going to be all wearing them i would have had those and show plates but if your the only one going to do it not alot of point to be honest!

need more serious members

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
dna23

17th Apr 06 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by splatgraphix
As you probably know im doing the stickers t shirts etc etc etc for you all.

thought it might be interesting to note that in 3 months no one has ordered a t shirt, polo shirt etc etc.

My own personal feelings is more people need to order these to advertise the site better.

John

although John this may be the case, i think (and this doesnt reflect on you at all) a few of our previous Merchandise companies took people along for a bit of a ride and therefore people on this site may be a bit sceptical to order again. And i know they shouldn't as your a totally different company and most likely fairly reputable i think some people have just been scared off....

Ojc

17th Apr 06 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very good thread indeed, I don't know what to suggest, but personally for me and also 80% of the members on this forum Donny just is'nt an intrest anymore, CorsaSport has moved on from that side of the modified car scene and like someone has already stated the people that go to events like Donny are'nt enthusiasts, they are just chavs who go to look at fibreglass tat and drink Stella.

I don't think its just Astra Sport that will be no longer attending Donny after this years performance by the organisers.

Ian, have you actually tried to get CS into Billing? That is a excellent event that would involve people being on good behaviour but the weather is always good and the atmosphere and the cars are just superb and its also another chance at getting us altogether for camping shannigans
jr

17th Apr 06 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blling would be excerlent for some of us
mwg

17th Apr 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would defo be interested in Billing
Robin
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me too, bit far to go but i'll make the effort
mike16v

17th Apr 06 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been to billing in 04, unfortunately missed it last year, but was a really gud event and deffo much more well suited to "the new age" corsasport
Robin
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

billing is a brilliant show, really relaxed, even managed to make PVS look chav
Joe

17th Apr 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be up for it if its more enthusiast stuff. Ollie summed it up, seems Donny (from what i've seen) is aimed at young lads who go to Halfords and read Max Power, personally i grew out of that before i was even driving.

Where actually is Billing?
jr

17th Apr 06 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

northampton way i think ???
Robin
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

northamptonshire, about 11 miles from santa pod, and about 3 miles from the outskirts of northampton

good location, really nice place for a show IMO
mwg

17th Apr 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am gonna go to Billing whether there is a CS stand or not as have been wanting to go to it for the past couple of years
Joe

17th Apr 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its pretty much near where PVS is then, yeah i'd be up for that. Still 3 and a bit hours to get there but so is PVS. If it happens count me in.
Robin
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, search for "billing aquadrome" on multimap if you can be arsed

Matty, ive been the past 2 years, and it really is a good show

Brad went last year too, im sure he'll agree with me
jr

17th Apr 06 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to go as well this year, keep forgetting
J1M

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
yep, but if matt wants to show with them, at pvs (which i doubt they'll have a stand for) then thats fair enough

MK Cruise do not have a stand at PVS, so don't know where he got that idea from

Jim
mike16v

billing is very close to the pod, just closer to motorway, u can see if from the main duel carriageway on way to pod

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Back from Donny 23 database queries in 0.0157530 seconds