corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie Forum

Poll: Newbie Forum
Yes 47 (68.12%)
No 22 (31.88%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newbie Forum
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
4th May 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just do something ffs and see what happens.

going in a direction or off direction

whats the aim of the site? where you planning to go?

no other forum i visit has this much politics going on

we just gonna have pages of more or less the same suggestion, a few will disagree

what do the newbies think? are any in this thread?

RCoughtrie

4th May 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see what this will solve tbh ?.... am i mising something
Ian
Site Administrator

4th May 06 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
no other forum i visit has this much politics going on
Yeah - most of it gets deleted and the posters are banned.
cunningham

4th May 06 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a public forum if they put pics up of there car and its shit then folk have the right to tell them it is a public forum after all

so what your gonna do is just lie to them yeh your cars cool m8 couple oh weeks later when there not a noobie m8 i was lieing trying to make you feel welcome???

imo if folk dont like the car say so but make it constructive critism not just its pish m8
a_j_mair

4th May 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imho opinion if general chat was split up it would seem even quiter than it is now and the corsa general chat would turn into help zone

newbie forum could work, wld need close moderation and would allow people a chance to introduce themselfs and a couple pics of there car

i am all up for improvmnets but dont like the idea of all these different sub forums etc, personally think theres is more than enough just now
Robin
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cunningham, the point is, you dont need to tell someone their car is shit, you just hit the back button in your browser and move on.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th May 06 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
what your gonna do is just lie to them yeh your cars cool m8 couple oh weeks later when there not a noobie m8 i was lieing trying to make you feel welcome???
No.

Truthful, but nice.
cunningham

4th May 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like construtive critism thts how you improve things
RCoughtrie

4th May 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
cunningham, the point is, you dont need to tell someone their car is shit, you just hit the back button in your browser and move on.

so peeps who dont like it cant post, whats wrong with "Not to my taste but welcome to CS "

[Edited on 04-05-2006 by RCoughtrie]
Robin
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, but theres no need to say "it looks shit" or "i hate it, take that spoiler/bonnet/exhaust off"
Marc

4th May 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's nothing wrong with that. Telling them their pride and joy is crap however is.
RCoughtrie

4th May 06 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree on the sharp comments rob, constructive critism should be welcome tho, wording your negitive reply not to offend

Robin
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, thats what i meant, i didnt word it very well
RCoughtrie

4th May 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe

4th May 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to click yes, but then someone mentioned the point that it would be slow. I personally dont think i'd check in a Newbie section to see if anyone signed up or to say hello. Theres not many 'im new' threads that stay on track which i see will be addressed anyway. Its a No for me
Planty02

4th May 06 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to say no because I think people will want to jump straight in GC or OD as soon as they join and will ignore the new forum
JadeM
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Could work if it contained a few question's that are alway's cropping up.

Marcus
Ian
Site Administrator

4th May 06 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do get newbie threads though, so there must be some small demand for it?
cunningham

4th May 06 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye but thee mostly on sad forums with post counts and folk just post to get there post count up sad really but there are many sad people in the world

i say no
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go:

From what i've seen over the last year and a bit, I've always been very impressed with the quality of posts in General Chat, When I started I spent a few hours staring at the contents of Off Day before I actually got Stuck in. I still don't spend a lot of my time in Off Day. Content in General Chat has always been very good, I like for instance seeing A mint ERST, Pics of someone's new wheels, Having a chat about rear lights, What car for 50k etc. It's the variety that counts, and makes it interesting. I have also learn't a hell of a lot about cars other than Corsa's over the last year or so. Since the rules hotted up about where posts ended up it got even better, and posts that were supposed to be in Off Day are moved very quickly. This is good. So I say leave General Chat alone. At the moment it's perfect as it is.

I think a newbie forum would be ideal. And like someone said, possibly limiting the amounts of posts a user can make in there? The idea of welcoming people to the site is good. I must confess, when I started I didn't rush straight to the Rules of the site, so I can see how people get muddled up and put posts elsewhere. People shouting "Wrong Topic" or "OFF DAY!" Doesn't help, and always seems to wind me up.

Overall a newbie forum would be ideal for CS I think. Seeing Newbie Forum - Start Here. Could make it easier for everyone.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Carl

4th May 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

newbies generalyy get slated when they come posting with an attitude and in text speak, usually because they are 16 -17. Nobody notices the ones that can actaully type properly. I voted NO but maybe if there is one then they might actually read the rules before posting.

I agree with the bit on when femals join though, everyone asking for pics like they live in a cave or something is a bit tedious.
Ry_B
Banned

4th May 06 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl

I agree with the bit on when femals join though, everyone asking for pics like they live in a cave or something is a bit tedious.

[Edited on 04-05-2006 by Rcb]
Rob B

4th May 06 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simply, NO, know one will go in there and it will just be filled with HI's, welcome etc and it will make GC even less populated.
chr15barn3s

4th May 06 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could work and its probably worth giving it a go. I dont think it would make GC less populated because from what ive seen newbie posts only take up a small percentage.

[Edited on 04-05-2006 by chr15barn3s]
Dazzi-gsi

4th May 06 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i say no

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie Forum 23 database queries in 0.0141649 seconds