corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is a CTR?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what is a CTR?
John

User status: Offline
27th Nov 06 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are quite obviously an idiot though.
Deano_sxi
Banned

27th Nov 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why? because i dont think vauxhall is the cente of the universe?
ackers2302

27th Nov 06 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i somehow get the feeling that muppetsport was sexually abused by a man who once owned a CTR and now he must pledge that every other car is crap compared.

sure there are loads of cars out there that are better than it. but that could be said for nearly every car out there. thats what we call variety. coz not everyone likes the same thing.

remember you're not mad at honda muppetsport, you're mad at your father!!!
jamesewan86

27th Nov 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the civic is a good car, but no, they arent all that they are cut out to be, i have an accord type-r, and also for 212bhp (not sure exactly wot the torque figures are) arent all that special, yes its fast.... if your on the vtec. but the accord is enormous compared to the civic, my mate has a civic and my other mate has an astra gsi turbo, nothing in it in a race between the 3. (untill my mates astra went down to courtney for its stage 4, now it chews us up and spits us out!)
Nic Barnes

27th Nov 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ackers2302
i somehow get the feeling that muppetsport was sexually abused by a man who once owned a CTR and now he must pledge that every other car is crap compared.

sure there are loads of cars out there that are better than it. but that could be said for nearly every car out there. thats what we call variety. coz not everyone likes the same thing.

remember you're not mad at honda muppetsport, you're mad at your father!!!

no, ive never even been beaten by a ctr ever, and i mean that. yet all i hear off the owners afterwards is i wasnt trying, v-tec hadnt kicked in, i changed gear to early etc. they never admit defeat. and really, nothing on the road would defeat my corsa from a rolling start so i dont see why they argue with me. hence, i hate them
Nic Barnes

27th Nov 06 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i should also add i dont think vauxhall is the best make of car either. at this moment id quite prefer a ibiza cupra to my corsa, or an imprezza. hell, i quite fancy a 106gti as an everyday car (if i had a job this is)
Steve
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

muppetsport if i ever see you on the road im going to vtec your ass
corsa5dr

27th Nov 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Nismo throughout this thread.

Why is it everyone slates the performance of the CTR yet not the ITR when in fact there isn't difference on the road in a straight line.
Adam_B

27th Nov 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id have a CTR. It would be black.
Cupra Steve
Banned

27th Nov 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr

Why is it everyone slates the performance of the CTR yet not the ITR when in fact there isn't difference on the road in a straight line.

yes there is, the teg is 220bhp and the civic is 197bhp, so there is a slight difference, 0-100 in the teg is alot different, maybe not on paper but my mates teg leaves the civic, the teg's handling is in a world of it's own imo. so there is a difference.
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Because Honda didn't sell the DC5 here, so not every fucker and his gran has one, the people who own them seem to know what they've bought, and don't go on about how amazing it is, or try to race every car they see.

The CTR gets slated, because Honda sold it so cheap, that pretty much ANYONE could afford one.

And the gearlever is in a stupid place, and the seats are horrible. IMO.
Cupra Steve
Banned

27th Nov 06 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:

Because Honda didn't sell the DC5 here, so not every fucker and his gran has one, the people who own them seem to know what they've bought, and don't go on about how amazing it is, or try to race every car they see.

The CTR gets slated, because Honda sold it so cheap, that pretty much ANYONE could afford one.

And the gearlever is in a stupid place, and the seats are horrible. IMO.

Well put.
Davey_boy

27th Nov 06 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is absolutly no difference what so ever between an integra and a civic, its all down to the driver when the performance figers are that close, the dc5 is the same engine as the civic the K20a, its just got a lighter fly wheel, and a slightly different gear ratio iirc. Never quarter miled mine asyet, but my mates CTR ran a 14.3 standard, which i thought was prity damn good.

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by Davey_boy]
mav

27th Nov 06 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have a CTR..........
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

according to the power figures, the Teg has 220bhp, not 197...

Anyway, I know which one I'd rather have, and its not got a C in it.
BabyBlade

27th Nov 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I think for alot of people (myself included) driving something that rev's really high increases excitement, fair enough deisels have got loads of torque but it's so dull getting that hit of power for what seems like 1 second then changing gear, you might be going fast but it doesn't feel as good.

I personally love high revving cars

I know, Motorbike owners must hate the noise there bikes make at 16K revs, must really annoy them that they have to rev it that high to get power hey

MY RX reved nearlly as high as my S2K didnt bother me then.

Fookin loves it Can't beat an inline 4 racing towards 15 - 16k

The engines are made to rev that high so why not

Love this thread, someone asked what CTR means and the vauxhall boys get all defensive
Adam_B

27th Nov 06 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BabyBlade
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I think for alot of people (myself included) driving something that rev's really high increases excitement, fair enough deisels have got loads of torque but it's so dull getting that hit of power for what seems like 1 second then changing gear, you might be going fast but it doesn't feel as good.

I personally love high revving cars

I know, Motorbike owners must hate the noise there bikes make at 16K revs, must really annoy them that they have to rev it that high to get power hey

MY RX reved nearlly as high as my S2K didnt bother me then.

Fookin loves it Can't beat an inline 4 racing towards 15 - 16k

The engines are made to rev that high so why not

Love this thread, someone asked what CTR means and the vauxhall boys get all defensive

id say it was the people that judge a car by its majority status by people on an internet forum rather than anyone that owns a vauxhall.
James

27th Nov 06 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great thread, aside from how great a CTR is (I cant comment, never driven one), I would not own one because they are common as muck and portray a bad image due to being own by a lot of tossers who think they could happily take on a Boeing 747 at the Pod

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by James]
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF James, I think a 747 would be mullered by ANY car over a standing 1/4.
James

27th Nov 06 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
TBF James, I think a 747 would be mullered by ANY car over a standing 1/4.

True, bad example
BabyBlade

27th Nov 06 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B

id say it was the people that judge a car by its majority status by people on an internet forum rather than anyone that owns a vauxhall.

I'd go for that, I guess its unlucky its a vauxhall forum and most of the people getting defensive are vauxhall owners.

I've already read theres a better car than the CTR made by Kia. Not saying there isnt but could you show me please.

Also have come across the worlds fastest corsa.. "from a rolling start nothing on the road will beat my corsa"
Adam_B

27th Nov 06 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its so sad that millions are spent on developing and engineering new and exciting cars every year yet most of them are just fashion accessories and status sybols.
Adam_B

27th Nov 06 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BabyBlade
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B

I'd go for that, I guess its unlucky its a vauxhall forum and most of the people getting defensive are vauxhall owners.

I've already read theres a better car than the CTR made by Kia. Not saying there isnt but could you show me please.

Also have come across the worlds fastest corsa.. "from a rolling start nothing on the road will beat my corsa"

you would get the same silly statements on any car forum.
BabyBlade

27th Nov 06 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Great thread, aside from how great a CTR is (I cant comment, never driven one), I would not own one because they are common as muck and portray a bad image due to being own by a lot of tossers who think they could happily take on a Boeing 747 at the Pod

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by James]

So the same as Corsa owners then.

I see a lot more chav'd up corsas than standard CTR's about but I guess thats just Hereford.

To be fair I've never seen a badly represented CTR driving about, so that could be why I think this threads highly amusing..
davey_jack

27th Nov 06 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the civic isnt a bad car, just I wouldnt own one because as James said too many of them are owned by tossers! In fact when I was 16 working in a newsagents I remember my boss had one, and he was an absolute cock, and that pretty much put me off them. They are just too common. Also I've never understood people who are members of vauxhall orientated forums, who dont own vauxhalls, and are surprised by other members who like vauxhall engines and vauxhall cars!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is a CTR? 22 database queries in 0.0158031 seconds