corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This is Corsasport..........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is Corsasport..........
M2RTY

User status: Offline
4th Jan 07 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think if corsasport was a country it would be a the UK

fords, hondas, 106s would be from other countries who move to the UK as we are better, and then expect the UK to act like they do and slag us off

who we are is being diletued
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

That was off the top of my head but I would say about more than 50% drive something else!!

Yep, completely off the top of your head and completely false. Prove me wrong with some statistics and I'll agree.
Nismo

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Its not about "I've got 5k, what can I buy?" Its about "What model corsa do i get?" and people saying get something else.

if someone asks that i will advice on the best to there budget otherwise anotehr car that is possibly better value for money.
mav

quote:
Originally posted by mav
quote:
Its not about "I've got 5k, what can I buy?" Its about "What model corsa do i get?" and people saying get something else.

I think I should close the thread with the above statement
willay
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:

if someone asks that i will advice on the best to there budget otherwise anotehr car that is possibly better value for money.

Are you referring to both sentences or one of them?
Colin

4th Jan 07 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i recommend cars to people, i feel allot of people start out with corsas but want to move on. When people want to move on i offer advice.

And if someone asks wether to keep a corsa or move on , i will allways tell them to move on

Exactly, I had mine from 17 - 19, it was an average 1st car. Took alot to keep it on the road but also took alot of abuse. Im not going to advise every unsuspecting newbie without a clue towards cars to buy one just because I feel I have to....or should I
M2RTY

4th Jan 07 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
quote:
quote:
yes it REALLY gets onh my nerves when in GC i see 5 or 6 posts lifted directly from another make site

if i was interested in ford/scooby i would go look on a ford/scooby site FFS

no personal digs intended as i sometimes do it to get opinions, but not to show every thread from another forum

Perhaps you are not in the majority who quite like to come to one forum that has information on many different car makes.

General Chat
Corsa conversation, news, and general car discussion.

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by willay]

the clue is in the title

www.corsasport.co.uk

Well done posting the URL marv, I'm sorry to say we have other forums on here which arent corsa related. I'm sorry to hear we dont meet your expectations. Face facts, GC is about general car discussion and I believe the majority like it that way.

but the site was established as a CORSA site and i feel sorry that the majority of users forget that.
willay
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Well done posting the URL marv, I'm sorry to say we have other forums on here which arent corsa related. I'm sorry to hear we dont meet your expectations. Face facts, GC is about general car discussion and I believe the majority like it that way.

but the site was established as a CORSA site and i feel sorry that the majority of users forget that.

No one has forgotten this, we have help forums for modification on corsas (and ICE). We have tutorials and FAQ's too.
Colin

4th Jan 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

That was off the top of my head but I would say about more than 50% drive something else!!

Yep, completely off the top of your head and completely false. Prove me wrong with some statistics and I'll agree.

Theres a post in Scotland region trying to get a corsa only RR day asking who drives what & most drive 'other'.

Besides the point im trying to make, without giving any random numbers a huge proportion of frequent users dont own a corsa. Agree??

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by Colin]
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree is someone wants a corsa they should be allowed to get one i also agree that if someone comes on saying iv got 4k what shall i get that you can advise other things than a corsa

Also by saying other alternatives other than a corsa, this isnt slagging corsas off at all ffs

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by Steve]
M2RTY

4th Jan 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Theres a post in Scotland region trying to get a corsa only RR day asking who drives what & most drive 'other'.

Becides the point im trying to make, without giving any random numbers a huge proportion of frequent users dont own a corsa. Agree??

i think those with the loudest mouthes drive other and spend 90% in off day

i think those who care about the history of the site keep quiet and spend most time in GC and help etc
M2RTY

4th Jan 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people like iaz and jacko make this site
Nismo

4th Jan 07 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you referring to both sentences or one of them?

the what model
Colin

4th Jan 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
people like iaz and jacko make this site

I agree its fantastic what these guys achieve but were not all as tallented/determined/able £ wise as they are & thats not through want to be btw, id love to be able to do some of the stuff these guys do, but I cant, its not for everyone!!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also.......now i dont mind people like steve as he also gives out a lot of help over the years

but

people who post 99.8% in offday about crap, give out no help at all should be dealt with

there is a help section that has gone well down hill in the last few years.......most people never use it or dont know it exists..have a look in there every once and a while, help someone, thats worth more then replying to what you are having for lunch, what colour socks do you have on etc....

Help Zone isn't too bad.

It has a certain amount of people that are contantly helping in there, I try to get in there as often as I can to help out too.

The one that gives me the shits is Ice and Electrics - Has gone completley downhill since it was removed off the Home page, and many people miss it. Which is a shame, as it used to be much better.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
willay
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i agree is someone wants a corsa they should be allowed to get one i also agree that if someone comes on saying iv got 4k what shall i get that you can advise other things than a corsa

Also by saying other alternatives other than a corsa, this isnt slagging corsas off at all ffs

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by Steve]

well put.
Nismo

4th Jan 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here here
willay
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Besides the point im trying to make, without giving any random numbers a huge proportion of frequent users dont own a corsa. Agree??

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by Colin]

Depends how you manage it I guess, I did a RR in the late half of 2006 and the majority was Corsa's with a few non-corsas. Went very well, should see it in TV Mag sometime this year.

Maybe a large proportion of the off day crowd don't have a corsa, I'll agree to that
willay
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
also.......now i dont mind people like steve as he also gives out a lot of help over the years

but

people who post 99.8% in offday about crap, give out no help at all should be dealt with

there is a help section that has gone well down hill in the last few years.......most people never use it or dont know it exists..have a look in there every once and a while, help someone, thats worth more then replying to what you are having for lunch, what colour socks do you have on etc....

Help Zone isn't too bad.

It has a certain amount of people that are contantly helping in there, I try to get in there as often as I can to help out too.

The one that gives me the shits is Ice and Electrics - Has gone completley downhill since it was removed off the Home page, and many people miss it. Which is a shame, as it used to be much better.

Possible plans are to merge into Help zone, one forum for both modding and ice would be a good idea imho... but who knows what will happen. Nothing official has been put out yet.
Nath

4th Jan 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't own a Corsa anymore and probably use Off Day more than GC, but then i'm sure I was here before Off Day arrived.
willay
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

the what model

I feel an agreement coming on
Nath

4th Jan 07 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off Day 44.7%
General Chat 33.2%
Match Day 8.1%
Trash Can 3.2%
Geek Day 2.8%
Others 7.7%

Could be worse. Also when I had my Corsa my percentage in Help Zone was quite high.
SportBoy

4th Jan 07 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other marques forum needed
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No other forums are needed

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Novaneil

4th Jan 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I've been on this site for a few months now and from a Newbie point of view I also have been very annoyed with the slating some people give Corsa's on a Corsa site!

I was made very welcome on this site but was shocked to find people not sticking up for the car that originally started Corsasport. The Corsa!

Im all for discussions about other cars but why do people always seem to compare the Corsa to other cars and then slate it???

I want to use a site that gives support, encouragement and enthuisiam towards my car of choice (which I believe the project section does) but the general chat really does not IMO

Anyway, i've said my piece. I won't bore you anymore.

Neil

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This is Corsasport.......... 23 database queries in 0.0218160 seconds