corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool 'v' Arsenal Official Thread Sponsored by Spanish National Tourist Board

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool 'v' Arsenal Official Thread Sponsored by Spanish National Tourist Board
antscorsa

User status: Offline
10th Jan 07 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone looking forward to cosmos reaction to this lol
Jamescorsa97

10th Jan 07 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ME
Marc

10th Jan 07 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its ok, the Champions League is the one Liverpool want this year
gianluigi

10th Jan 07 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RyanSxi

10th Jan 07 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no silverware for liverpool this season
messham11

10th Jan 07 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dudek should never play for the club again, he is a joke and should have been dropped after saturday no matter what he was promised!

We really have a real problem against the top teams and if it continues then i can see Rafa leaving at the end of season. We are making no progress as usual.
Hammer

10th Jan 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No praise for the fact he won you the champions league with an unfancied team? Something that is eluding Wenger and Mourinho at Chelsea?
Jamie Walby

10th Jan 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
did you hear someone from the crowd shout "Skin him!"

so he did

I heard this. I found it amusing.
Tom

10th Jan 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think benitez didn't know what to do with this game tbh.

I am genuinely not bothered in the slightest that we aren't in the running for winning the carling cup anymore.

I was arsed about going out of the FA cup and i'm a touch embarrased (mainly for dudek) that arsenal beat us quite convincingly twice in 4 days, however I am assed that gonzalez, gerrard and alonso look to be injured

We are still above arsenal in the league, and I think the panic will be reduced to sad reflection after we hammer watford on saturday.

I didn't actually watch the game last night for several reasons but mates in work tell me arsenal were passing similar to when they went on that massive unbeaten run a few years back. Interesting to see how the league develops now

Oh and marc btw the carling cup aint exactly the most prestigious cup ever (i'm sure you'll disagree after it being the only cup you've won in the last 2/3 years) but I'm more interested in the champions league for sure, and relishing our barcelona games
--Dave--
Banned

10th Jan 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe there were 9 goals scored last night, some really poor defending from both teams imo.
Mad Moe

10th Jan 07 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by messham11

We really have a real problem against the top teams and if it continues then i can see Rafa leaving at the end of season. We are making no progress as usual.

Seems a funny statement that, surely it is Rafa's fault that Liverpool can't cope with top teams.
--Dave--
Banned

10th Jan 07 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal did look quite good at times, not buckling under pressure and casualy passing it out of their area when Liverpool were pressing.

Dudek should of at least attempted to save that free kick though
Marc

10th Jan 07 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Oh and marc btw the carling cup aint exactly the most prestigious cup ever (i'm sure you'll disagree after it being the only cup you've won in the last 2/3 years) but I'm more interested in the champions league for sure, and relishing our barcelona games

You forgot the FA Cup

I agree about Arsenals passing.
Tom

10th Jan 07 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

You forgot the FA Cup

I agree about Arsenals passing.

Was that 2004? I'm not getting into this anyway, don't wana see this thread being dug up at the end of the season
Marc

10th Jan 07 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You said 2/3 years
messham11

10th Jan 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
quote:

Seems a funny statement that, surely it is Rafa's fault that Liverpool can't cope with top teams.

Exactly! So if we cant beat them somethings got to change! Yes we won the Champions League and thats brilliant but the League is priority and we need to get closer to Man Utd and Arsenal. He has spent alot of money and the players dont look good enough.
Tom

10th Jan 07 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You said 2/3 years

I wasn't 100% sure, so lets say it means 2.5 years-ish?

You won it in may 2004, that's over 2.5 years ago
Marc

10th Jan 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL

Can I mention the Amsterdam Tournement? Still leaves 2 trophys
Tom

10th Jan 07 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly! So if we cant beat them somethings got to change! Yes we won the Champions League and thats brilliant but the League is priority and we need to get closer to Man Utd and Arsenal. He has spent alot of money and the players dont look good enough.

Please do me a favour and shut up, there's no need to start talking about getting rid of benitez yet. We have won silverware every season since he's joined so far. In reality we have had a couple of bad signings yes but we've also had a few injuries and a woeful start this season but we are still 3rd and in the CL for now.

Tom

10th Jan 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
LOL

Can I mention the Amsterdam Tournement? Still leaves 2 trophys

You could but that would be sad (I bet it doesn't even mention that on your trophies page )

Marc

10th Jan 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't
Tom

10th Jan 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know
Mad Moe

10th Jan 07 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry mate I misunderstood what you were trying to say, I thought you sounded adverse to the prospect of loosing Rafa because of the poor performance of the players not of his tactics. I agree he has spent an awful lot of money and made some funny purchases in my opinion.
messham11

10th Jan 07 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom: Im not saying get rid of him but we havent done alot in the league under him so maybe the the situation should be looked at in the summer. He is a very fustrating and stubborn manager with his rotation and squad selection. Like why he keeps picking Luis Garcia? I know he can win a game but he gives the ball away all the time.

He kept pesisting on playing Gerrard wide right and changing the team but we were playing poor and then Sissoko gets injured so he moves Stevie back inside and keeps pretty much the same team and results pick up. Its no coincidence!

Just my opinion anyway, everyone is welcome to one
Marc

10th Jan 07 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From my puppeted compadre:

Micheal Jackson has asked Benitez to be his new manager,
So he can get spanked at home by 11 kids !!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool 'v' Arsenal Official Thread Sponsored by Spanish National Tourist Board 23 database queries in 0.0161872 seconds