corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vsport HID group buy discussion thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vsport HID group buy discussion thread
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jan 07 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes away, cant you just grab the pics and repost the text?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

26th Jan 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 205tom
your just a clever man whos making a killing off these people who dont know anything about them

bold statement. fact is that you have bought the inferior Ebay kits. if you had bought my kits and werent pleased with them then you would have cause to complain.
Sidesport

26th Jan 07 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sidesport
Sorry to go off topic - Dave, did you get my U2U?

Cheers

Chris

Sorry to go on mate, but can you please U2U me back? I need to get this engine built.

Chris
Robin
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, if they do turn out to be crap, people will complain, until then, there is no point complaining about them

For all you know Tom, the components Dave's kits contain are better than the ebay ones, you're going on crap pics on ebay and crap pics on here.

No where's my freebie Dave?
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
do you accept paypal?

not anymore steve, the fees for businesses are plain stupid. bank transfer or cheque at the moment. My card payment machine goes online late next week if you can wait?

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Dave A]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by the time that goes in i could do a bank transfer
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Cheers

Chris

Sorry to go on mate, but can you please U2U me back? I need to get this engine built.

Chris

ah, was it you that sent the text? about the 106 engine? didnt get a u2u though. for that kind of thing its best to ring me, so much to talk about its impossible over texts. my numbers are in my sig
Sidesport

26th Jan 07 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:
quote:

Cheers

Chris

Chris

ah, was it you that sent the text? about the 106 engine? didnt get a u2u though. for that kind of thing its best to ring me, so much to talk about its impossible over texts. my numbers are in my sig

I sent a really long U2U yesterday. Did you not get it? When shall i call you? Tomorrow? Shall i drop you another U2U Now so you know what i need done?

Chris
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and the ebay inferior kits?havent had any problems with mine what so ever,and it is a bold statement,im not doubting the quality of your kits,as they use the same components as the 'inferior' ones off ebay,just how people are still falling for it and payings such an inflated price that gets me,as i said your a clever man and it certainly is working for you!
Robin
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only an inflated price if the components are EXACTLY the same Tom.
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but for what hes offering im sure the components cant justify £100 increase
Robin
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the H4 kits aren't 50 quid
Sidesport

26th Jan 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and the ebay inferior kits?havent had any problems with mine what so ever,and it is a bold statement,im not doubting the quality of your kits,as they use the same components as the 'inferior' ones off ebay,just how people are still falling for it and payings such an inflated price that gets me,as i said your a clever man and it certainly is working for you!

Im not sure on the price differences with the V-Sport ones vs the Ebay items. However i know for a fact some people would rather buy from Dave for more money. You know whos supplied it and where to go if it goes wrong. Rather than buying from some unknown person half way across the world.

Chris
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on about £185 over the counter and £150 online, h7 6000 kit £69.98 online but obviously it will break as its far inferior
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but for what hes offering im sure the components cant justify £100 increase

find me a H4 kit with battery loom, E marked, TUV and CE approved with switched hi/lo beam, made in the uk with a warranty from a uk company for £50.

you seem to have a problem with a product you hant bought, seen, used....... I buy the ballasts directly from the company that manufactures them. the ballasts alone cost more than £50
RobHayes

26th Jan 07 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fitted mine earlier, as it was getting dark. i think i need to get the alignment sorted as one seems higher than the other slightly. the kit seemed good quality to me, everything worked first time, the only problem i had was finding somewhere to fit the ballast packs, but they're in a temporary home for now until i can make some different brackets or find somewhere to fit them
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely theres some rust patches in that old ford that you could knock a ballast pack shape hole into to make fitting them easier

just kidding rob

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Dave A]
RobHayes

26th Jan 07 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very good!

the problem i had is there was no room for them anywhere, battery right behind the passenger headlight, engine mount and power steering fluid tank behind the drivers side light. temporarily bodged them onto the radiator mountings for now
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nowt wrong with a bit of bodging
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave swears by it.
RobHayes

26th Jan 07 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on a serious note, the ballasts wont get affected by being right above the radiator/exhaust? due to the heat or whatever?
Rick Draper

26th Jan 07 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted my kit earlier. At last the corsa has light! Before the lights were terrible, it was like having a bulb out. Now i can see a lot better. I look forward to testing them on the way to work in the morning.
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobHayes
on a serious note, the ballasts wont get affected by being right above the radiator/exhaust? due to the heat or whatever?

should be fine rob. they are dust and water proof, they are designed to take engine bay temps of up to 100 degrees. I wouldnt advise putting them in direct contact or directly behind or on top of a heat scource though.
RobHayes

26th Jan 07 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully its only a temporary solution until i figure out a better way of going about it
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[quote="dave.a"]this is what you get with the kits:

2x control units and brackets:

2x xenon Hid bulbs with integral igniters:

1x relay/ecu unit to control the main beam/flash:

1x wiring harness:

1x fitting kit:

instuctions and warranty card:

all goes into a rather nice case:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to fit the kit allow yourself 30 mins to make a good tidy job. its as simple as this:

first remove the old bulbs from the lights:

they look like this compared to the Hid bulb carriers:

trim the inside from the old dust covers to fit over the new bulb holders:

take the brackets:

and position them in a suitable place using the bolts provided and clip in the control boxes:

take the wiring loom and run it from one side of the bulhead to the other, I tucked it under the scuttle panel cover thingy:

plug in the relay/ecu unit to the loom and fix in a suitable position (I tucked it behind the battery) :

plug in the plugs from the wiring loom to the ballast boxes:

fit the dust covers and the new bulbs into the holders, they lock into place nicely. and connect the plugs to the control boxes (I forgot to fit the covers for the pic) :

then connect the 2 earth wires that are on the wiring loom (I used the fixing bolts that I held the brackets in place with) and 1 positive to the battery.

tidy up the wires using the cable ties provided and fir up the lights. its reccomended to leave them on initially for 10 mins for them to stabilise then stand back and admire your work

dipped beam:

they give a fantastic beam pattern:

the differnce is unbelievable

no lights:

old halogens:

Hid:

old halogens:

Hid:

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vsport HID group buy discussion thread 22 database queries in 0.0158441 seconds