corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Premiership thread 3-4/02 Sponsored by Budweiser

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Premiership thread 3-4/02 Sponsored by Budweiser
RyanSxi

User status: Offline
5th Feb 07 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
liverpool and arsenal have dropped easy points

Local derby = easy points?

Other than Arsenal this is probably the hardest game we had left...Utd at home will be a piece of piss for us

quote:
Its one of only a few weekends I will agree with Topshit that Spurs are amazing, they'll easily beat you

Everton are nothing, we'll push them aside 3-0

they were an easy fixture the other day?

[Edited on 05-02-2007 by RyanSxi]
Cosmo

5th Feb 07 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH, the Utd and Arsenal game will be easier than the Everton one as all they did is put everyone behind the ball and defend. Atleast you lot will try and attack and leave more space at the back.
RyanSxi

5th Feb 07 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i fail to see why united at home will be so easy even though we are the top of the league so have won the most games and best you 2-0 already this season?
chris-sri

5th Feb 07 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
TBH, the Utd and Arsenal game will be easier than the Everton one as all they did is put everyone behind the ball and defend. Atleast you lot will try and attack and leave more space at the back.

I expect we might have a bash. It's going to be a very important game for the premiership race I think.

[Edited on 05-02-2007 by chris-sri]
Cosmo

5th Feb 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also i fail to see why united at home will be so easy even though we are the top of the league so have won the most games and best you 2-0 already this season?

because you wont put 11 men behind the ball and defend. You will try to win the game by commiting men forward and leaving gaps at the back. Everton didnt do this so they were much harder to break down than you will be
RyanSxi

5th Feb 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

because you wont put 11 men behind the ball and defend. You will try to win the game by commiting men forward and leaving gaps at the back. Everton didnt do this so they were much harder to break down than you will be

so because we will try n score we will be easy to beat?
Nath

5th Feb 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

topshot_2k
Banned

5th Feb 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Ryan.
Marc

5th Feb 07 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We just don't have strength in depth

Tom

5th Feb 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don;t think ferguson is stupid though, but he has the class and confidence in his team to push forward a bit more without leaving too many chances, I reckon it'll be eaiser to break your defence than everton's as cosmo said your players can't be everywhere (and it's another important and heart on sleaves type match).
Jamie Walby

5th Feb 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-0 draw
RyanSxi

5th Feb 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
We just don't have strength in depth

yeh by about last christmas we should been dropping points

GLOR GLORY MAN UNITED
Cosmo

5th Feb 07 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ryan, I know your a Utd fan so lack the knowlegde of the fundamental basics of football so I'll make it as clear as possible....

Utd = good team, Everton = shite team.

Bad teams put 11 men behind the ball to play for a draw, this means its harder to score against bad teams who just defend.

Good teams try to attack, which means less men to defend and more spaces. This means its easier to score against better teams (although easier to conceed too) but also makes it a little easier to win.
Robbo

5th Feb 07 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having seen Everton do that live against Arsenal I know exactly what COsmotron is getting at and he is 100% right!!
Marc

5th Feb 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Good teams try to attack, which means less men to defend and more spaces. This means its easier to score against better teams (although easier to conceed too) but also makes it a little easier to win.

You could say that when good teams come up against each other theres everything to play for...
Robbo

5th Feb 07 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might I add that it is a cowardly pathetic way to playa football match but it does seem to wrok
Cosmo

5th Feb 07 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it is a shocking way for a supposedly top team to play, and love the fact Rafa called them a small club for that style of play
Robbo

5th Feb 07 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its true really... they lack the guile to try and wina game and instead play for a draw... a little club thing to do as they show they are desperate for one point instead of happy to play for all 3!
Cosmo

5th Feb 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bolton did the same, although they also added in the tactic of wasting as much time as possible, and that started in the first minute!!

Atleast Portsmouth came and try to play a little, and got a deserved 0-0 draw.
Marc

5th Feb 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Portsmouth, they made Man United play for the FA Cup win. Be nice if they got in to Europe. They have a good enough squad.
RyanSxi

5th Feb 07 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ryan, I know your a Utd fan so lack the knowlegde of the fundamental basics of football so I'll make it as clear as possible....

Utd = good team, Everton = shite team.

Bad teams put 11 men behind the ball to play for a draw, this means its harder to score against bad teams who just defend.

i understand all of the above, but when you said united would be an easy win etc i was asking why you would think that. anyway let's no argue about this lol, let's just wait till "D-Day"
Cosmo

5th Feb 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i understand all of the above, but when you said united would be an easy win etc i was asking why you would think that. anyway let's no argue about this lol, let's just wait till "D-Day"

I was winding you up, successfully I see aswell

You WILL be easier to beat than Everton, thats for sure. But also easier to get beaten aswell so it should be a good, fairly open, game.
Jamie Walby

5th Feb 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2-1 to the Arsenal, 2-1 to the Arsenal
Cosmo

5th Feb 07 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
2-1 to the Arsenal, 2-1 to the Arsenal

Arsenal are wubbish!
RyanSxi

5th Feb 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I was winding you up, successfully I see aswell

You WILL be easier to beat than Everton, thats for sure. But also easier to get beaten aswell so it should be a good, fairly open, game.

i didn't get wound up lol. i just asked why you thought we were gonna be easy to beat. to which you had no real answer

i suppose we will be easier to beat than everton were as we may concede a goal or 2 like you say. but also we will probably score 1,2,3 or more

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Premiership thread 3-4/02 Sponsored by Budweiser 23 database queries in 0.0160561 seconds