corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs Israel

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England vs Israel
MarkM

User status: Offline
25th Mar 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see why Barry wasnt playing...hes in form at the minute for Villa and is left sided...I would sooner him in the side than Downing...

McClaren is a shithouse and wont drop Lampard...who will no doubt go on to score a deflection or penalty against Andorra to which McClaren will wank over for months on end...

Against the top sides Lampard isnt good enough...he has to wait for something to happen (ie a through ball from Gerrard 1st half) and cant make things happen...

Its a disgrace he is still getting picked CM ahead of Gerrard...
Eck
Premium Member

25th Mar 07 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to agree that Lampard needs dropped. But McLaren won't stop picking him as he thinks picking the big name players to play actually makes a good team. Gerrard wanted to be on the ball at every oppertunity and create something, which is why he needs to be in CM where he is a fantastic player, and with Hargreaves sitting in behind him, he can dictate the attacks like he does week in week out at Liverpool.
Hammer

25th Mar 07 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Against the top sides Lampard isnt good enough.

I'd disagree with that tbh he is one of the best midfielders in the world and has scored goals against the best teams in the world.

I will agree however it is as clear as day that you can't operate with Gerrard and Lampard at International level and for me Gerrard offers a lot more.
MarkM

25th Mar 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Against the top sides Lampard isnt good enough.

I'd disagree with that tbh he is one of the best midfielders in the world and has scored goals against the best teams in the world.

I will agree however it is as clear as day that you can't operate with Gerrard and Lampard at International level and for me Gerrard offers a lot more.

Yes sorry I should have rephrased that...for England Lampard at CM isnt good enough against the top sides....

When he plays for Chelsea its different of course...but Gerrard at Liverpool is fantastic and has shown in glimpses when played in his correct position CM that he is fantastic for England too...

Lampard needs dropping theres no doubt about that

[Edited on 25-03-2007 by MarkM]
Hammer

25th Mar 07 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there's only one guy that can't see that just now and with Hargreaves suiting his role perfectly there's an opportunity for Gerrard to be in there running games from the middle.

You've got to question his appointment imo he's no more than a half decent mid table Premiership manager, he found his level at Middlesborough.
Carl

25th Mar 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is it clear to see though for everyone apart from the men in control.

surely he could have gone 3-1-4-2 with an holding midfielder, and the rest looking to be on the offensive. but instead he swaps right backs, attack can be the best form of defence, to be honest i'd rather lose 1-0 to israel than a lack luster 0-0.
Hammer

25th Mar 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
i'd rather lose 1-0 to israel than a lack luster 0-0.

That's a tad silly, you'd rather have no points than a point? I do get what your saying about his decisions though although England don't look the same without Michael Owen it must be said.
MarkM

25th Mar 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

You've got to question his appointment imo he's no more than a half decent mid table Premiership manager, he found his level at Middlesborough.

I said this when he was appointed...you would hope the England manager would be the best manager available for the job...Or someone who has won things?

He never did this with Middlesbrough...he had an average side and lets not forget he was there for a good 5 years or so...

I have heard from a few people in the game that his training schedules are very detailed with lots of classroom work etc which is all very well...BUT the sign of a great manager is one who makes the correct BIG decisions at the right times...
Eck
Premium Member

25th Mar 07 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the point Carl was making is he'd rather attack and go for the 3 points, even if they get beat once in a while. I can't for the life of me understand why McLaren is still boss. With the players he has at his disposal England could be world beaters.
MarkM

25th Mar 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lampard being dropped is one...

and although I dont think Beckham should be in the first 11 when all are fit...dropping him to make an impact isnt another...
MarkM

25th Mar 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lampard being dropped is one...

and although I dont think Beckham should be in the first 11 when all are fit...dropping him to make an impact isnt another...

The above referring to making big decisions at the right times
Carl

25th Mar 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
I think the point Carl was making is he'd rather attack and go for the 3 points, even if they get beat once in a while.

Exactly what i meant.
3 wins + 3 loses = 9 points
6 draws = 6 points. I'm not saying go out guns blazing every match but when you are playing israel you really need to be winning or at least trying to win, as a draw is 2 points lost not 1 gained imo.
Eck
Premium Member

25th Mar 07 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree 100% Carl. They should be going out and attacking teams like Isreal that they should be hammering. With all the talent they have in attack, they shouldn't be sitting back.
Robbo

25th Mar 07 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Hargreaves is in his best position

OMFG, your saying Hargreaves is better than Gerrard, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
For England yes, by a mile, esp atm
Robbo

25th Mar 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gerrard is fast becoming an England failure as well... he is trying his best but he cant stray far from the right for risk of exposing the RB but he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wasted there

If we dont get him to CM soon we will have completely wasted one fo our best players
stuartmitchell

25th Mar 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you miss Beckham.
Marc

25th Mar 07 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss Beckham
topshot_2k
Banned

25th Mar 07 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lampard is shite, as the world cup proved. Most shots on goal and not a single goal.

MarkM

25th Mar 07 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Gerrard is fast becoming an England failure as well... he is trying his best but he cant stray far from the right for risk of exposing the RB but he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wasted there

If we dont get him to CM soon we will have completely wasted one fo our best players

He can only be classed as a failure if he plays badly in his strongest position (CM)...

If he is played CM he WONT play badly....

Robbo

25th Mar 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly!
Nismo

25th Mar 07 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lenon should have been on the right
Rachel H

25th Mar 07 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are England managers so stupid? We haven't had a good manager since Hoddle.
J da Silva

25th Mar 07 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mclaren, rubbish, although I think with the money professional footballers are on, they should justify it by being able to kick with both feet, head a ball correctly and be able to play every position on the park.

[Edited on 25-03-2007 by Jizinho Silva 10]
Carl

25th Mar 07 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
Mclaren, rubbish, although I think with the money professional footballers are on, they should justify it by being able to kick with both feet, head a ball correctly and be able to play every position on the park.

[Edited on 25-03-2007 by Jizinho Silva 10]

i agree, especially with the perfect conditions they get to play on.
Jill
Premium Member

26th Mar 07 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel H
We haven't had a good manager since Hoddle.

Hoddle was a good manager, but I do think there are equally good managers out there. England just seem to unlucky and have been lumbered with crap ones for the past few...

Link from bbc website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6493079.stm

McLaren reckons that the players still back him despite their draw at weekend...

JILL

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs Israel 23 database queries in 0.0217891 seconds