corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My court results.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My court results.
Daimo B

User status: Offline
15th May 07 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love speed. Its awesome.

Thats why i own a bike
Dean_W

15th May 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
You still get a ban showing on your license though that you need to tell the insurance??

I was thinking this. I'd rather have the points TBH.
ssj_kakarot

15th May 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Butler
So you cant be a good driver without breaking the law?

it didn't say that. Your a bad driver if you are disrupting the flow of traffic unnecessarily (sp) That's my view anyway. It's common sense, if there is a road with nothing at either side, it's 11 o'clock at night and you are trundling along at 25 mph, would you not find that badgeresque?

yeah plua when i was learning to drive my instructor always made me drive 30 if it was clear to do so, always get told off if i was doing below 30 in a 30 zone when the road was clear.
Colin

15th May 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
quote:
You still get a ban showing on your license though that you need to tell the insurance??

I was thinking this. I'd rather have the points TBH.

Yeah an SP30 is much better than a ban!
Colin

15th May 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
quote:

it didn't say that. Your a bad driver if you are disrupting the flow of traffic unnecessarily (sp) That's my view anyway. It's common sense, if there is a road with nothing at either side, it's 11 o'clock at night and you are trundling along at 25 mph, would you not find that badgeresque?

yeah plua when i was learning to drive my instructor always made me drive 30 if it was clear to do so, always get told off if i was doing below 30 in a 30 zone when the road was clear.

You would probably fail a test for doing under 30mph, One of my mates failed for doing 50 in a 60
Daimo B

15th May 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bike insurance is great.

Even though I have 6 points, as its an SP30, they don't even care and didn't even need to put it on my forms. Even had to call them to check it was right.

See, wanna go fast, get a bike
Colin

15th May 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Even though I have 6 points, as its an SP30, they don't even care and didn't even need to put it on my forms. Even had to call them to check it was right.

Some dont put the premium up due to the amount of people that have SP30's now. However that said I would vant them to note it incase you have an accident the 3rd party could argue your insurance isnt up to date & correct & thus void! Just to be water tight, im not saying that will happen, just it could & probably wouldnt be the 1st time!!
AndyKent

15th May 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Wanna die fast, get a bike
Robin
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
when the road was clear.

But how many 30 limit residential roads are clear, straight and wide?

None of the ones round here are.
Colin

15th May 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS I wouldnt want to be going fast on anything if I already had 6 points, another wee mistake & your out of there!!
Daimo B

15th May 07 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already done, i trust insance companies like I trust doctors..........
skell

15th May 07 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Amazing somebody with common sense

You will get pulled by the police and breathilised at 25-30 late on at night

I know exactly when i'm travelling to fast and i judge it on conditions, area, car i am in, time of day ect......... only time the speed limit enters my head is if i see a camera

Being a 'good' driver is about being sensible not a fucking robot
Colin

15th May 07 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
when the road was clear.

But how many 30 limit residential roads are clear, straight and wide?

None of the ones round here are.

All of them, 30's the norm Rob, you might not have a Job or anything to get to but some folk get driven insane when the flow of traffic is disturbed by someone dithering along at 20-25mph
Daimo B

15th May 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk

S-funny that, sure my old mans 47 now, and been riding since he was 16.

You sure its not jsut a case of your mother said to you "now don't you go on one of them nasty 2 wheeled motorbike thingys"....

Take the g-string off and put on some pants...
Robin
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of the roads round here have traffic flow to disturb, maybe that's why it's not a problem
skell

15th May 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kids don't get killed by speed they get killed by lack of concentration and common sense
Robin
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by skell
Kids don't get killed by speed they get killed by lack of concentration and common sense

My common sense tells me that 25 is safer than 35.
Colin

15th May 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Folk that annoy me most are those that do 40mph almost EVERYWHERE!!! Usuallky old/female - 40 seems to be there comfort zone so they try & keep to it up everywhere on all roads. 40 down the street, 40 through town, 40 down the back roads, 40 up the M-way slip & maybe increase slightly once they cut a few folk up to say 50ish on the M-way.
Daimo B

15th May 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
PS I wouldnt want to be going fast on anything if I already had 6 points, another wee mistake & your out of there!!

Stick below 3 figures, no 6 points baby

Mind you, I came hurtling past the old bill the other day, they went to turn round. I slowed, then thought "fuck it, if you can turn round, and get up to speed, you can have me"....

I was in the astra, they have a 306 derv thingy

Theres times and places to have fun, and times and places not to. We have a 30mph road near me, not a house around, its just windey, so a 30mph limit..........
Carl

15th May 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by aPk

S-funny that, sure my old mans 47 now, and been riding since he was 16.

You sure its not jsut a case of your mother said to you "now don't you go on one of them nasty 2 wheeled motorbike thingys"....

Take the g-string off and put on some pants...

I agree with him, my bro has raced motorbikes for the last 16 years and he chooses not to own a road bike because they are dangerous. Alot of people think they are rossi and are a danger to themselves thats without bringing the element of other road users that are a danger to bikes.
skell

15th May 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by skell

My common sense tells me that 25 is safer than 35.

Common sense tells me to keep an eye on the road and forget about staring at your speedo
Robin
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have to stare at the speedo, I know instincively that I'm going at 25-30, as I always have done.

It's not hard
Colin

15th May 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will only die on a Bike if your stupid on it, same with everything in life & the reason I wouldnt trust myself to get one
Daimo B

15th May 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikes are not dangerous...

Its every other fcuker that is

Its true though, i've been knocked off 3 times in 8 years, and 1 pedestrian KO as well....

Will agree about the whole think they are better than they are though. 8 years riding, and i still consider myself a novice really. Thats why it chaffs my gonads when a new rider goes out and buys a sports 600cc. Yeah, open the throttle in a striagh line, wooooooooooo so hard.... Braking and cornerings where its at, but with our roads, you can never push it.

Still, nice to go out for a ride with the missy on the back on a nice summers day. Just because its smaller and faster, doesn't mean you HAVE to use it.

Flat out ridings best saved for the track, but you can ride at 80% comfortably on teh road if you know them well.
Robin
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know why the fuck I'm having to explain driving under 30 in a 30 limit

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My court results. 22 database queries in 0.0165479 seconds