corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » REDLINE MAG; we're looking for cars...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author REDLINE MAG; we're looking for cars...
BeArDy

User status: Offline
22nd May 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke to SY today.
There after the veiws of Corsa Drivers who know about powerful vauxhalls to test drive the Corsa VXR to see how it is, its not about which is faster.

Its looking like Myself and Muppetsport for Corsa B Owners and 7Om for the Corsa C owners.
Nova owers is between 2.

Also they plan on testing and doing a write up on muppetsports car while we are there

SAL
Premium Member

22nd May 07 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
I want a LET astra or corsa.

i found a lovely astra on mig...mk3 gsi turbo 1 of 500 sexual car...
SAL
Premium Member

22nd May 07 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
Spoke to SY today.
There after the veiws of Corsa Drivers who know about powerful vauxhalls to test drive the Corsa VXR to see how it is, its not about which is faster.

Its looking like Myself and Muppetsport for Corsa B Owners and 7Om for the Corsa C owners.
Nova owers is between 2.

Also they plan on testing and doing a write up on muppetsports car while we are there

toms corsa c aint finished though
Cupra Steve
Banned

22nd May 07 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
quote:
I want a LET astra or corsa.

i found a lovely astra on mig...mk3 gsi turbo 1 of 500 sexual car...

I don't think they ever came with LET's, could of been a GSI LE which has been LET'd.
BeArDy

As said its not about the cars, as we are not drag racing them to see whos fastest.
As putting Muppets 400bhp LET corsa agaist a 160bhp Corsa is pointless.

Its about people who have owned powerful corsas to give there veiws on this new one. Who else is there who has had experance with Powerful Corsa C's?
Tom has owned a 300bhp C20LET Corsa C and is in the middle of building a Z20LET C so in my eyes hes got to be the best person to give there veiw.
Cupra Steve
Banned

WTF does muppet know about fast corsa's? He is just a bodger
BeArDy

22nd May 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
WTF does muppet know about fast corsa's? He is just a bodger

there isent many corsas out there with more power? if anything he has got to have one of the most powerful corsa around (prob him and Philstutton) PLUS he has built and owns a number of 2lt Nova and Corsa

Again in my eyes good for the Job, PLUS Redline want to do a feature on the car while we are there for a sleeper issue coming up soon

[Edited on 22-05-2007 by BeArDy]
SAL
Premium Member

22nd May 07 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats gash imo...should not be down to the people who have driven the big boy corsa's only...
Iain M

22nd May 07 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its always the way stavs
SAL
Premium Member

22nd May 07 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M
its always the way stavs

gay
BeArDy

22nd May 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it makes sence in my eyes.
Would you give a 17 yearold who just passed there test an Evo to test and do a write up on? No as he couldent give a full veiw of the car.
They are wanting people who own powerful corsas to test the new one to see how it matchs.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd May 07 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF, how many freshly passed 17 year olds have a Nova/Corsa GSi or a Corsa C 1.8 ?

I think they've made a bad decision, but hey, it's not my magazine.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

22nd May 07 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have they made a decision yet rob? or do you mean a decision on what they are doing with the feature?
BeArDy

22nd May 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not about the age really in my example its about experance with fast corsa to see how this one matches up.

Example
Somone who owns a 1lt 12v corsa tests a 2lt 16v Corsa they will rave on about how quick they are.
Where are Someone who has owned fast cars can give alot better feedback on what the car is really like.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd May 07 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with you Adam, a young driver isn't going to be able to review a car very well, in a balanced way.

I just think it should be like for like, as in the top of every model.

Otherwise, you're going to get the people saying 'yeah, it's ok, but it's not that quick, and it doesn't handle well' as they're going to be comparing it to a 300bhp car on coilovers, there's no way they can give an un-biased view if their car is better/faster IMO.

Then you've got the problem with people saying 'yeah, but spend 10k on the VXR and see what happens'
Dave A

22nd May 07 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100% agree beardy.

before anyone can judge any car on its performance (which is what I assume this feature is about) you need to have driven a wide variety of cars.
Colin

22nd May 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
TBF, how many freshly passed 17 year olds have a Nova/Corsa GSi or a Corsa C 1.8 ?

I think they've made a bad decision, but hey, it's not my magazine.

Me 2 but hey, I wont be buying it anyway
Dave A

22nd May 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the aim of the feature though? what exactly is it they are trying to do with it?

does anyone know?

[Edited on 22-05-2007 by Dave A]
Stu-G

22nd May 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the quater mile time of beardy's v6??
Iain M

22nd May 07 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As has been probabley been said before i would of thought it would of been a standard top model in the nova e.g GTE, a standard corsa B, e.g 1600 sport or GSI and 1.8 corsa C. How can they use LETed corsa's and what not when they where not done as a production car?
Colin

22nd May 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its not about the age really in my example its about experance with fast corsa to see how this one matches up.

Example
Somone who owns a 1lt 12v corsa tests a 2lt 16v Corsa they will rave on about how quick they are.
Where are Someone who has owned fast cars can give alot better feedback on what the car is really like.

No the person with the 1lt 12v would test the 'all new & improved' 1lt 12v, the person with the previous big engine FACTORY corsa A,B,C will drive the new one thats on offer. Whether its got a turbo its still a 1.6 factory fresh corsa, & should be comared with like for like. Not something thats been knocked up with a host of performance bits & parts from other cars!! IMO

I cant see muppetsport being impressed with a 1.6 turbo after stepping out of a 400bhp 2L turbo!! Whats he going to say, truthfully - Yer its amazing-ly slow!
Toby
Premium Member

22nd May 07 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Example

you will get random results if you get people who have driven lots of faster cars,

you will get its slow, doesnt handle well form these and from younger people its well quick and it handles like a dream so either way its not going to give a good view of the car, i bleievie you should have a mix people who have driven for a year or 2 those for 4 or 5 and those who have been driving over 7 years who all have driven standish cars with similar perfomrance to the corsa vxr
Cupra Steve
Banned

22nd May 07 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
100% agree beardy.

before anyone can judge any car on its performance (which is what I assume this feature is about) you need to have driven a wide variety of cars.

I'm a perfect tester.
Cupra Steve
Banned

22nd May 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i think i could be the stig.
Carl

22nd May 07 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why don't people just sit back and let the people who are actually employed to write a magazine and do it for a living, do thier job. PEople are debating what cars should be used when they don't even know the theme of the article.
A brand new 16k corsa is going to have some advantages than an old one with an engine shoe horned in, and vica versa. What's the point comapring something to a standard corsa gsi, when everone already knows that standard corsa gsi is toss?! someone in the market for a vxr wouldn't be ontemplating buying a standard gsi anyway, maybe the magazine don't actually care if it hleps "sell" the vxr etc. It's not their problem is a LET's corsa did rip it apart for speed.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » REDLINE MAG; we're looking for cars... 22 database queries in 0.0148602 seconds