corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchester United sign Nani and Anderson

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Manchester United sign Nani and Anderson
Cosmo

User status: Offline
30th May 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The point i'm trying to make is you won't win European cups with no long term partner for Rooney, Giggs isn't the answer i think Saha has become the glass man and will be sold and Smith and Solskjaer although both very good players are on a different level from the Etoo's, Henrys, Drogba's and Van Nistelrooys.

Very true, unless Ronaldo does score a similar amount of goals again. As I dont think any club in Europe has two players scoring that many goals.
Ben D

30th May 07 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your right, He was ruled out for a year According to papers but we should suffice, he wasn't amazing i agree but a decent squad player IMO

If Saha does go i fully expect Fergie to buy a top class striker hopefully it'll be torres but you never know.

I am a bit sceptical about anderson, he looks amazing but South american players never do well in the prem especially for united
Cosmo

30th May 07 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you've spent £17m each on 3 players (Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves) then I'd be amazed if you can find another £20m+ to buy a top class forward like Torres, Eto'o, etc.
Ben D

30th May 07 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see him buying another forward unless he sells Saha TBH, Also Heinze Could possibly go yet so that would help towards the cost.

I think the team is going to be strong enough to challenge on all front's as it is with it's 2 new signing just a shame we dont have a goal machine Like RVN was, But i expect Rooney will up his game next season as not to be overshadowed by ronaldo, I hope so atleast i dont want to see him fade into an average player like Owen seemingly did.
Cosmo

30th May 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen got injury prone which fucked him, so doubt it will happen to Rooney. Games are totally different too so an injury would affect Rooney like it did to Owen.

I just dont see Rooney as your typical 25+ goals a season man (Drogba or Henry stylee), he is more of a playmaker forward. Dropping deep and scoring from there (which he does well!). What you really need is a goal poaching forward to finish what Schole, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Nani and Anderson create!
Ben D

30th May 07 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very true, Fortunatley Our midfield has helped out with alot of goals Especially Ronaldo surprisingly, Unfortunatly the more i think about it the more i feel Sir Alex will stick with the same tactics as last season and rely on the midfield to chip in with goals which is a shame really as although i think we will challenge in the major competions again i think we would be unstoppable with a goal poaching RVN type player

as for our rivals, Liverpool seem pretty solid defensively but are even worse off than us for a goalscorer as Kuyt/Crouch dont fit the bill IMO but i do expect them to get somebody half decent this year so we will have to keep an eye on them!

Chelsea unless they spend big like previous seasons wont be challenging united for the title as I think we will only improve next year.. and a couple of our rivals!

arsenal.. well they were poor this season so anything above 4th is a bonus but they can only get better, i dont see anybody challenging for their Champs league place aslong as Henry is still at arsenal

tottenham - they will win the Treble and berbatov will hit a hat trick ever game OBVIOUSLY! Because they are such a big team!
Cosmo

30th May 07 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
as for our rivals, Liverpool seem pretty solid defensively but are even worse off than us for a goalscorer as Kuyt/Crouch dont fit the bill IMO but i do expect them to get somebody half decent this year so we will have to keep an eye on them!

We will certainly be spending big this summer. One (or two) big name forwards top the list, and a few new wingers seem to be up there too. No doubt get a few young lads in as defensive cover and to ease them through as replacements.
Ben D

30th May 07 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant say i follow Liverpool all that closely but i have noticed you've been buyng quite a few Young players (although i haven't noticed any being given 1st team experience) Yea i think a couple of wingers will be on your list now Zenden & gonzalez have gone, you Could maybe do some English (or english based atleast) players to compliment your squad as that ight be the reason you seem to excell in Europe and not challenge for the prem?

I reckon downing would be a good acquisition for you especially as he's used to the league
Cosmo

31st May 07 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cant say i follow Liverpool all that closely but i have noticed you've been buyng quite a few Young players (although i haven't noticed any being given 1st team experience) Yea i think a couple of wingers will be on your list now Zenden & gonzalez have gone, you Could maybe do some English (or english based atleast) players to compliment your squad as that ight be the reason you seem to excell in Europe and not challenge for the prem?

I reckon downing would be a good acquisition for you especially as he's used to the league

They are all v/young players, around 17. So have been in our acadamy for a year and now in the reserves/loaned out. So gradually moving on up and the best will get their chances.

Downing If that puile of shite ever pulls on a Liverpool shirt I'll start supporting Utd. We have a decent English contingent...Carson, Carra, Gerrard, Pennant, Crouch. And can throw Finnan and Bellamy in there too! Buying from the Prem doesnt seem to work for us, look at Bellamy!

We are nearly there with the starting 11, conceed fewer goals than 99% of teams, and control and create more chances than most...just dont have that one person there to put them in the back of the net!
Ben D

31st May 07 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

downing's not that bad i think he would do OK with decent players around him.

Yes you've bought some relative flops when buying form withn the premiership but i still feel you need to be buying players who have experience of the premiership, Also i fear Benitez will just keep importing spaniards just like wenger went through a phase of Frenchman & vialli Italians Etc

also isn't Cisse coming Back next season? I watched an interview where he was incertain of his future yet wanted to return to liverpool a short while back but he seems to be on the mend and in pretty decent form at the minute

[Edited on 31-05-2007 by Ben D]
Cosmo

31st May 07 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We actually have very few Spanish in our starting 11 (Alonso and Reina for certain, and those two deserve to be there!) so he isnt really an ONLY spanish buyer. I mean he is the guy who has bought Crouch, Bellamy, Pennant, Zenden, Kuyt, Agger, Fowler, Aurellio, Gonzalez, Masch, Sissoko...none of which are Spanish!

Nah, Cisse will be sold off or be part of a deal for someone. He isnt the kind of player Rafa likes and was bought by Houllier really so wasnt his choice. He will no doubt score goal wherever he goes though!
Ben D

31st May 07 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame really as he looked decent for marseille and you could have done with him this season!

didnt realise it was only them 2 Spaniards thought there were more, wasn't morientes also bought/loaned by Benitez? Majority are foreigners atleast
Cosmo

31st May 07 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Shame really as he looked decent for marseille and you could have done with him this season!

didnt realise it was only them 2 Spaniards thought there were more, wasn't morientes also bought/loaned by Benitez? Majority are foreigners atleast

He has bought more, also have Garcia and Arbeloa currently. But thats 4 out of a big squad. Has also bought Josemi who we sold for a profit, Nunez who came as part of the Owen deal and we didnt really want, and Morientes who looked like a good buy but just couldnt hack the Prem!

I would say he has bought a decent amount of English (British) players....Pennant, Crouch, Carson, Fowler, Bellamy (ish!), aswell as a few young english lads. But we didnt have the money to go and spend stupid money like United did (£30m+ on Rio and Rooney, £18m+ on Carrick, £18m+ on Hargreaves, etc.)
Ben D

31st May 07 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true English players are very expensive, mainly due to the fact there aren't many which is good in a way because it stops foreign teams taking our players, And English players never seem to fair well abroad anyway, well they dont appear to play as well as they did here, a prime example being Robbie keane at Inter milan, then you could also say Owen, woodgate, Mcmanaman flopped comparatively & even beckham i would say didnt perform as well as he did at Real madrid than he did at united.

Ben D

31st May 07 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also i Believe we were made to pay such high prices for Carrick because of who we are and they knew we would pay a premium for the right player we were interested in espacially after the offers United reportedly made for hargreaves, and our past offers for Englishmen which you mentioned.

And yes we get a lot of stick for spending millions of money on players but unlike chelsea we Earnt themoney over seasons of being successfull and Running the business side of things well and not having money thrown at us by investors, Also the majority of our success in the 90's was from Youngsters from the class of 91 and the cheap scandinavian import not to mention King eric
Marc

31st May 07 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To quote your term Cosmo, Park is a good squad player. I'm more than happy for him to come in when Giggs isn't playing. Like you say he always gets himself in to good positions. 6 goals for a winger isn't bad imo, if you don't count Ronaldos achievements this year! Considering the amount of games he played too I don't think hes done too bad.

As for Smithy, no hes not a Van Nistelrooy type player but do a search on You Tube and you'll see some very good goals from him. Be interesting to see how he does next season, what after the being deployed in to midfield, broken leg, premature come back. I hink he'll contribute a few, just not 20!
Cosmo

31st May 07 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Mcmanaman flopped

Yes, he flopped whilst playing a decent part in winning...

* UEFA Champions League Winner: 1999/2000, 2001/2002
* Spanish League - La Liga Champions: 2000/2001, 2002/2003
* Intercontinental Cup: 2002
* UEFA Super Cup Winner: 2002
* Spanish Super Cup Winner: 2001
* Intercontinental Cup Runners Up: 2000
* UEFA Super Cup Runners Up: 2000
* Spanish Cup Copa Del Rey Runners Up: 2001
Cosmo

31st May 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
To quote your term Cosmo, Park is a good squad player. I'm more than happy for him to come in when Giggs isn't playing. Like you say he always gets himself in to good positions. 6 goals for a winger isn't bad imo, if you don't count Ronaldos achievements this year! Considering the amount of games he played too I don't think hes done too bad.

Agreed totally. He is certainly a good squad player. Just think with the positions he seems to get in that if he could finish or have a little vision he'd be a great player.

And will have to see about Smith, never really liked him at all personally and doubt he is upto doing the job RVN left.
Nath

31st May 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Northern Reserve Premier Division though I notice??
Cosmo

31st May 07 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
No Northern Reserve Premier Division though I notice??

his only regret I heard.
Nath

31st May 07 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naturally.
Cosmo

31st May 07 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually never realised he had won that much. Our most successful export I think?
Nath

31st May 07 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The last three are Runners Up though.
Cosmo

31st May 07 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

More meant the two leagues and two Champions Leagues
Nath

31st May 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

More meant the two leagues and two Champions Leagues

Nice padding with the last three though.

[Edited on 31-05-2007 by Nath]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchester United sign Nani and Anderson 23 database queries in 0.0156689 seconds