corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who do you think will be Henrys replacement...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who do you think will be Henrys replacement...
Nath

User status: Offline
29th Jun 07 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Wenger doesn't do that though. when has he ever replaced like for like? He has an astute eye for talent, value for money talent.

I understand that, but when losing a world class player you'd want another to fill his boots.

Too right you would.
Robbo

29th Jun 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but we are used to it

Vieira leaves and Cesc takes over

Overmars leaves and Pires takes over

Anelka leaves and Henry takes over

Fingers crossed lol
Robbo

29th Jun 07 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As good as all the replacements were at the tiem none were really world class
TheCam

29th Jun 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
As good as all the replacements were at the time none were really world class

they turned into world class players IMO
Robbo

29th Jun 07 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed, hecne why i said at the time
Cosmo

29th Jun 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, but they didnt turn into world class players their first season. So will next season be another 'transition' season for Arsenal again?!
--Dave--
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who, here, honestly gives a flying fuck in the grand scheme of things??

I don't. As long as there's some entertaining football being played and MOTD (or the Premiership or whatever) shows some good highlights then that's all I care about.

If I were Van Persie, or perhaps Cesc Fabregas then yes, I'd be a little concerned perhaps. "Where are the goals going to come from?" "Who's going to fill Henry's boots?", but I'm not. I'm just a fan, someone who has no direct influence in his team's performance through the season.

Such big deals are made from things like this and I love seeing fans getting worked up and involved in big debates

'The team I support beat the team you support'. Well done

Cosmo

29th Jun 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but surely you want your team to be the best, or atleast winning things?
--Dave--
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't say I want 'my' team (Arsenal) to be the best... sure I want them to do well but.. perhaps I'm not as much of a fan as I thought I was.

I much prefer actually playing football and being involved. Having a direct effect on matches and winning games, no feeling like it when you get your team promoted through scoring 2 awesome goals
topshot_2k
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
who, here, honestly gives a flying fuck in the grand scheme of things??

I don't. As long as there's some entertaining football being played and MOTD (or the Premiership or whatever) shows some good highlights then that's all I care about.

If I were Van Persie, or perhaps Cesc Fabregas then yes, I'd be a little concerned perhaps. "Where are the goals going to come from?" "Who's going to fill Henry's boots?", but I'm not. I'm just a fan, someone who has no direct influence in his team's performance through the season.

Such big deals are made from things like this and I love seeing fans getting worked up and involved in big debates

'The team I support beat the team you support'. Well done

typical arsenal fan IMO.
Cosmo

29th Jun 07 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no I agree with that, but you can do both...be part of one thing and be directly effected by another.

Personally the feeling of watching your team get to a big final and then win it is fantastic, thats why I want us to be the best, to have the best players and to win things.
--Dave--
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can see that. Perhaps it's like i said, i'm just not that big an Arsenal fan

I was gutted when we lost the CL final to Barca... didn't cry though like some people think they let it effect their lives too much and I'm not about to let something i can't control affect me in that way.
Cosmo

29th Jun 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your just not a fan Dave, you shouldnt even be in here!!
RyanSxi

29th Jun 07 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im lik you in a way dave. like to watch football and motd etc but playing football is much more enjoyable
--Dave--
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as I see good football being played, doesn't matter who's playing, could be Luton Town ffs, I'll watch it and enjoy it.

topshot_2k
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true fans showing through now.

whats wrong with doing both? i follow spurs everygame i can get to and therefore care what my team is doing about transfers etc
--Dave--
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i simply can't afford to go and watch Arsenal every week. That's pretty much the crux of it. If they're ever on Sky/TV i'll always watch them.
Cosmo

29th Jun 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
as long as I see good football being played, doesn't matter who's playing, could be Luton Town ffs, I'll watch it and enjoy it.

so if you played good footy but lost every game then you wouldnt be bothered?
--Dave--
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just playing football in itself and being involved is enough for me Cosmo. Our sunday league team could get hammered 8-0 every week and I'd still love it.
RyanSxi

29th Jun 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
true fans showing through now.

whats wrong with doing both? i follow spurs everygame i can get to and therefore care what my team is doing about transfers etc

imo theres fans and supporters. supporters go to all game and actually care how much debt the team is in (cosmo)

then theres fans like me who like to watch (on tv) as many games as possible or even just the highlights on motd. but wouldnt feel as though id lost a limb if id missed it
Cosmo

29th Jun 07 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
just playing football in itself and being involved is enough for me Cosmo. Our sunday league team could get hammered 8-0 every week and I'd still love it.

Yeah, I totally understand that when playing footy.

My point is about the team you support though. If you watched them playing good football but not wining a lot of games or winning cups would you not be disappointed and bothered by that?
topshot_2k
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that makes sense

i like to go to games, love the atmosphere, the build up, the in ground banter then the post game beers.
Cosmo

29th Jun 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
imo theres fans and supporters. supporters go to all game and actually care how much debt the team is in (cosmo)

then theres fans like me who like to watch (on tv) as many games as possible or even just the highlights on motd. but wouldnt feel as though id lost a limb if id missed it

I do agree their are the two different groups like that. But I would say fans are a little more interested in how the club is run/players they buy/titles they win/etc.
RyanSxi

29th Jun 07 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi

I do agree their are the two different groups like that. But I would say fans are a little more interested in how the club is run/players they buy/titles they win/etc.

well i do like to see good players come to the team and the shit ones sold. and if we were getting hammered each week and not pushing for cups/titles etc id be very dissapointed. but as far as how the team is run behind closed doors, debt the team is in etc etc i couldnt care less. life goes on
--Dave--
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yeah, I totally understand that when playing footy.

My point is about the team you support though. If you watched them playing good football but not wining a lot of games or winning cups would you not be disappointed and bothered by that?

of course, and it was the highlight of Arsenal's and Liverpool's season last year I think! Controlled so many games yet didn't get the results against some of the inferior clubs. I'll agree it's frustrating, but that's football for you.

Another thing, I'll gladly support any english team that reaches the CL or UEFA cup final.. regardless of who it is. Could be spurs, liverpool, man utd etc... other don't and would rather see an english club fail against a foreign team what's all that about? Surely if you're a 'football fan' then you want to see other english clubs do well against foreign opposition. Those who wish english clubs other than their own to lose aren't proper football fans imo.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who do you think will be Henrys replacement... 23 database queries in 0.0165250 seconds