corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » PROOF that spurs fans are all the same

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROOF that spurs fans are all the same
topshot_2k
Banned

User status: Offline
29th Jun 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, waste of fucking money
Nath

29th Jun 07 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
yes, waste of fucking money

He was utter pony
Nismo

29th Jun 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
but who will make way, has to be keane surely?

if so this is a mistake, hes solid for us.

Nah Keane and Berb are a team , after winning that award they will make most first team games, Bent will fall behind them i think.
RyanSxi

29th Jun 07 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe thye will play 4-3-3
Nismo

29th Jun 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some good points of view on this page

http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_2456664,00.html

I especially like:

"But maybe the gooners laughing at Spurs spending an EXTORTIONATE amount on Bent should instead be crying that they let their egg-headed "saviour" go for a MEASLY amount. Just who got ripped off?
"
RyanSxi

29th Jun 07 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"If we paid £10.9million for Berbatov (just about the best forward in the league) "

spurs fans are so deluded
topshot_2k
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

post some more i that page is banned

RyanSxi

29th Jun 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bent? It's Certainly Criminal
As a Spurs fan I feel I must voice my frustration at our club's apparent need to "Spend Big!" Is Darren Bent worth £16.5million pounds? Simple answer: NO!

If we paid £10.9million for Berbatov (just about the best forward in the league) then Bent and his 15 goals (poor side and injuries taken into account) can be worth no more then £7-8million surely!! I feel the introduction of Bent into our squad will only unsettle what is a well balanced attack that only needs true width adding to it to push us onto the next level.

Defoe wants to stay but surely will now go and with Berbatov and Keane firmly established as first choice can you see Bent scoring 18 goals when he isn't starting regularly? The eventual exit of Mido should have only given one of the reserve/youngsters more time in the first team otherwise what is the point in spending money on them?

But now we will swap one reserve England forward for another and struggle to find a balance when
a balance was aready established.
Mark 'au revoir TH14' Clough

...Despite the fact we knew it was gonna happen now it has its just kicked in and become a reality, Darren Bent cost more then Thierry Henry... combine this with the recent floods and news I can only come to one conclusion - the world must be about to end?!
Adz

...Although I feel the money exchanging hands for Bents services is ludicrous - that's football. (Thanks Chelsea!)

But maybe the gooners laughing at Spurs spending an EXTORTIONATE amount on Bent should instead be crying that they let their egg-headed "saviour" go for a MEASLY amount. Just who got ripped off?
Chris McKeown

Actually, It's Not Too Bad At All
I think it is all too simplistic to simply state that Bent cost more than Henry and therefore this is a ridiculous price to pay for him. It brings up an age old philosophical debate about the choice between potential over a known entity. Henry will cost Barca a phenominal amount of money generally and that deal is based on a number of things other than the fact that Henry is one of the best players in the world and cost a fee of £16mil.

Bent's potential is the key and, as with all transfers, this is a gamble but Bent has shown in two seasons for an ailing club that he can score in the Premiership, albeit he struggles against the big four but who doesn't, apart from the big four themselves? And, yes, £16.5mil is a lot of money for him, but English players cost more and good on us for buying them instead of opting for the foreign players such as Liverpool and Arsenal tend to do.

This deal is also one in the eye for the would-be free-spending Hammers and Bent has proved very worthy in accepting a huge amount less money in order to play for a better and bigger club. I think that his desire to join Spurs was one of the factors which motivated Commoli to tenaciously chase him. West Ham are quickly discovering that throwing money around is not a surefire way of signing players.

Barca will have no sell on value for Henry and taking into account his wages and signing on fee he will probably cost them in the region of £10mil for every season he plays for them. Compare this to Bent's possible value to Tottenham over his career and possible resale value in five years time and the deal becomes clearer as to its value at probably nearer £6mil per season plus the sell on.

All in all I am excited at having Bent and feel he will offer Martin Jol in one player, what he has had in two with Mido and Defoe and any player would be improved by playing with Berbatov, just ask Robbie Keane. I hope that Defoe doesn't leave but feel that it is innevitable with Jol opting to have three front line strikers who will be easier to manage. To Defoe's credit, he has never complained about the situation but you can't help but feel he is at a time in his career where he needs to be the first choice at a Premiership club, not fourth.

Exciting times at The Lane, all we need now is a left sided player and a creative centre midfielder and offload some dead wood and, what with the Arse looking depleted and Liverpool not exactly cutting swathes in the transfer market at the moment, breaking into the top four appears a distinct possiblity this year.

Sounds familiar from a Spurs fan? Well this year it may actually come true!
Stephen Marshall THFC

Maybe Someone's Going
Bent's got an excellent goal scoring record, and has done it with one of the poorest teams of the past few seasons. However, why on earth have Tottenham gone and signed another striker? They already have Defoe who's unable to break into the first 11, where is Bent going to fit in?

Maybe if they had spent the money on a world class defender or midfielder (I said world class, not Jenas) they'd be challenging for the last Champions League spot.

Or of course, maybe this is a sign that Berbatovs moving to Man Utd.
Nikhil, Man Utd

...Does Fleet Street owe Jermaine Defoe money or something? It's the only reason I can come up with why a player who can't get a game for Spurs is continually linked with Man U, Liverpool and co.
Jon M, Durham

Sort The Positions That Matter, Jol
In answer to your question on the front page, I don't think the purchase of Darren Bent will be enough to turn Spurs into a top four side. Although I'm fairly pleased with the fact he's come to Tottenham, the reality is that we've purchased a good striker on the fringes of the England squad, and in turn will almost certainly sell another good striker on the fringes of the England squad (albeit with more experience).

It doesn't seem like much of a step forward at the moment, but I'll reserve judgement until I've really had chance to see Bent play properly a few times.

So, pleased that Spurs are being positive in purchasing well rated players, but probably would've been more happy with a quality winger. Or goalkeeper.
Shaun MC, Warwickshire

...Spurs fans around me seem to be really confident at the moment, another big signing and it's top four next season. They still haven't solved any of the problems they had last season so I just can't see how they are better off.

Their goal difference was half that of the top four teams for the last two seasons, indicating they let in far too many when you consider that they have no problems scoring. So far they have brought in a teenage left back from the Championship but they still have no decent cover for the centre backs or a single midfielder who will dominate games. So why buy another striker and let Defoe go for around half that cost?

Have I missed out on the Jol signing Gattuso or something? Unless there is some balance to the team I just can't see them making that jump to the next level.
Marc W.

Banging Arse And Spurs' Heads Together
Talking about Mailbox punch-ups, will the Arsenal and Rottenham fans please do us all a favour, take your jackets off, roll up your sleeves and go out to the car park.

You're never going to sort out your petty feud so you might as well have a good ruck. In the meantime, please do us all a favour and stop writing the same message 20 times over.

Whilst I'm on annoying subjects, will the more stupid Arse and Liv 'el' Pool supporters please stop chanting their silly mantras 'Arsene knows' and 'in Rafa we trust'....idiots!

Yours, as ever,
Andy G, Cheshire Chelsea

Bye Bye Luis
If as reported today Luis Garcia moves to Atletico as part of the Torres deal I would like to take the opportunity to wish him well and thank him for all the lows and highs of his time at Anfield. If ever there was someone who epotimised the last 20 years of LFC it has to be Garcia. Fleeting moments of brilliance followed by infuriating ineptness. However, without Garcia there would have been no fifth European title and one less rant for Jose.

So Luis all the best, thanks for everything and hope to see you in a CL match at Anfield in the next few years.
Mel - LFC Dublin
P.S. Is anyone else delighted to see Man U talking of the quadruple already? Didn't quite work well for the last team who spouted that mantra in the last few years...

Taylor Would Be Slated Today
Nice piece from Rob McNichol, but I couldn't quite read it in its full glory due to the unashamed rose tint that seemed to be emanating from my computer screen.

No, of course there's going to be no testimonial for Rob Styles, Mike Riley etc, but maybe that's because of the way in which Refs these days are treated by the media (and the FA no less).

If Jack Taylor was reffing today he would be ripped apart: his decisions agonized over endlessly on various Sunday media forums. And why? Simply because his head stuck up above the pulpit.

Actually, I think I've just been McNicholed. Are F365 playing a cunning game of reverse psychology to get us all firmly back on the side of the men in black?

Bugger!
Marky B. MUFC (not Mark B, ManYoo...who causes me endless unwarranted emails whenever he gets published)

Our Manager's Better Than Your Manager...And So It Begins
In reference to Mark Hillman's claim that Mourinho's brand of football is effective and wins silverware whereas Wenger's is attractive but wins nothing, let me just remind you that Wenger has still actually won three league titles with Arsenal playing in this 'ineffective' manner.

Not only that, he did it at a time when Utd were at their peak, not in two seasons when no other team put in a genuine title challenge. This is not meant to denigrate the achievements of Mourinho, who I think is a very good manager. But do you really think unimaginative direct football is the key to Chelsea's success, or is it the fact that they've got £30M footballers playing it that's the key? Whereas our recent lack of success might have something to do with the fact that we can't at present afford to buy players in that same price range (including possibly players who can score goals)?

If you want proof, Utd won the title last season with a team playing creative, adventurous football. They have since signed Nani and Anderson, two more in that same vein. Financial muscle and footballing flair is the way to go. I know who my money's on in 07/08.
Dion (I think I went uni with Gurmeet Sahni) Georgiou, London

Arsene Knows
Guys, Obafemi was almost SHOT DEAD a short while ago in his own home country!

Prior to that he argued with Berti Vogts about playing for the Super Eagles.

He may never play for Nigeria again, so would never be away from his club on national duty. (African Nations Cup or otherwise) He may even have second thoughts about returning to his home country when the season is over.

Don't you see? If Arsenal buys him they will have bought a player itching for greatness but fully knowing that the stage on which he can make his name is quite narrow. Thus greater efforts for club (from a guy who can run faster than bullets) and better performances by Arsenal.

That Wenger chap is sharp, I tell you.
Umbroz

The Poor US Of A
Panicky, indecisive midfield play, combined with a holiday for Messrs. Beasley, Donovan, and Onyewu, left American soccer fans feeling a little flat as they watched their team fall to Argentina 4 -1 in their first game of Copa America group play.

All three fans (me, my girlfriend, Lori, and my brother Evan) watched the game at the local taco joint on something called TeleFutura. ESPN - typically - decided to masturbate this game out of their consciousness.

Message to Bob Bradley: If you want to try out the new guys, don't do it against Argentina. It was embarrassing. But the tacos were good.
Stephen McKean, Athens, Ohio, U.S.A

Just In Case Anyone Knows
Going back to the topic raised a week or so ago regarding sell-on clauses in transfers.

Reports have Sheffield United attempting to buy back Billy Sharp from Scunthorpe, to who they sold him two years ago with a 25% sell on fee. So, how does this work then? Would the Blades get 25% back of what they pay? Would Scunny whack up the price by a third to cover this?

If anyone could explain I'd be grateful.
James Tong, GFC, Canterbury

If You're Reading, Lottie
They say you should live every day like it's your last. If today is my last, tell Charlotte Jackson I love her...
Stuart, Chiswick

Question Of The Day
Y Do yOu guyz only pRint the mAils from the RetArdEd ManyOo Fan's?
Robert Hopkins

And Finally, An Unedited Mail From Across The Pond
alright lads,
its 12 15 here on pacific time in the f-ing states, oregon to be precise. i would just like to invite david de f-ing souza and austin mc claren de soooza to book thier tix via bmi thru chicago and land in portland oregon to get areal arsekicking, yer shite wa(((kers. absolute tosh they write fromt thier homes in manchester (f-ing hong kong more like it you wankers), exziled in where? oh thats what i thought....get off yer shite and start writing aboot footie you wankers. or come c me
dom, patriot, gills, cfc til i die

topshot_2k
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exciting times at The Lane, all we need now is a left sided player and a creative centre midfielder and offload some dead wood and, what with the Arse looking depleted and Liverpool not exactly cutting swathes in the transfer market at the moment, breaking into the top four appears a distinct possiblity this year.

and WTF is this guy on about?

So, pleased that Spurs are being positive in purchasing well rated players, but probably would've been more happy with a quality winger. Or goalkeeper.
Shaun MC, Warwickshire

RyanSxi

29th Jun 07 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

topshot, your seeing the tripe that we have to read from spurs fans
topshot_2k
Banned

29th Jun 07 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well WTF is he on about need a new keeper.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » PROOF that spurs fans are all the same 23 database queries in 0.0168071 seconds