corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HID kits, which kit and why ? ? ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HID kits, which kit and why ? ? ?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

won the lottery oliver?
Olsrey

23rd Oct 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saved two months wages
Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jono22
Can someone explain why some cars HID set ups seem to give off this very bright blue / purple white light output whilst some just give a very strong intense white light ??

whenver you see aftermarket HID set ups for sale on ebay etc you get to choose what colour you prefer what colour would best replicate this colour changing effect off the bmws/audis etc ??

lastly what makes the light appear to actually change colour depending on what angle you are facing the car ??

all to do with the colour temp in Degrees Kelvin

4300k is OE colour, thats what i have, IMO 6k and 8k are to blue and a lil chavy IMO tho

projector lences chance the color from diff angels
Jake

23rd Oct 07 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant put 6k and 8k in the same league. 8k are alot bluer than 6k. 4.3k just look yellow close up
Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
you cant put 6k and 8k in the same league. 8k are alot bluer than 6k. 4.3k just look yellow close up
no it dosent

yes 8k is alot bluer but i still think 6k is to blue imo

[Edited on 23-10-2007 by GSi_16v]
DAZ1985

23rd Oct 07 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would class 6k as ice blue
jono22

23rd Oct 07 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what is the recommende colour choice then guys bearing in mind the want for a strong blue / purple light output ??

must admitt the link to the £50 ebay set looks worth considering, anyone else any knowlege off this particular HID set up ??

take it that replacment bulbs for HID kits are commonly enough available and that if one bulb should go you will be able to still purchase them even if your particular HID kit is no longer produced ie will one bulb ft to another HID kit ??
corsa-sxi

also why would they dazzle others? when you adjust the beam pattern on the headlight itself
Jake

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
quote:
no it dosent

yes 8k is alot bluer but i still think 6k is to blue imo

[Edited on 23-10-2007 by GSi_16v]

4.3k look yellow mate, Its a fucking cheek they are even called HIDS.
Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 4300k they are not yellow in the slightest
DAZ1985

23rd Oct 07 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he said

quote:
4.3k just look yellow close up
Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont tho
DAZ1985

23rd Oct 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Oct 07 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
also why would they dazzle others? when you adjust the beam pattern on the headlight itself

beecause if your not using projector lenses, the light just gets spread out with the design of normal headlights distributing the light like this.

you can make it better by adjusting the beam, but the beam cant be concentrated enough with normal lenses
Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

projectors FTW
Olsrey

23rd Oct 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
projectors FTW

Rich H

23rd Oct 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got H7 8K kit from HIDs Direct on Ebay - Cost me £100.

One bulb blew last month though!! But they've replaced it F.O.C and it's all working fine again now. Vision is awesome though

Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So what is the recommende colour choice then guys bearing in mind the want for a strong blue / purple light output ??

must admitt the link to the £50 ebay set looks worth considering, anyone else any knowlege off this particular HID set up ??

take it that replacment bulbs for HID kits are commonly enough available and that if one bulb should go you will be able to still purchase them even if your particular HID kit is no longer produced ie will one bulb ft to another HID kit ??
you can get bulbs of ebay easy, if u want strong blue i sugest you get 8k or evan 10 but the more blue they are the less bright the light given out is, my ebay kit is still as gud as the day i got it ova 12 months ago
jono22

23rd Oct 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

you can get bulbs of ebay easy, if u want strong blue i sugest you get 8k or evan 10 but the more blue they are the less bright the light given out is, my ebay kit is still as gud as the day i got it ova 12 months ago

Okay cheers mate do you have a link to the particular set you have bought from ebay ?? does it look any different to the set that was within the other ebay link ??

easy enough to all fit ??
corsa-sxi

23rd Oct 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

which kit you got? does it flicker? and is there any problems when you turn them off and then on again quickly
Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant remeber the link it was 12 months ago
they look simaler to the link tho, was easy to fit, done in half an hour or so and that was only because its a front bumper off job to change a bulb in my car
Jake

23rd Oct 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

which kit you got? does it flicker? and is there any problems when you turn them off and then on again quickly

whichever kit you go for, anything less than 6k look yellow
Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha no it dont at all
Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

no they dont fliker and no there is no problem with turning them on and off fast cant rember the kit name, i think the box said hid cool tho
A2H GO

23rd Oct 07 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So whats the difference between xenon and Bi-xenon?

Im guessing that Bi-xenon used the HID output for both main beam and high beam?

Also Dave are your Kits capable of this? Would be a bit rubbish if you had HID then put ur main beam on and got a dull yellow light

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HID kits, which kit and why ? ? ? 22 database queries in 0.0137639 seconds