corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Chumbly Warners Corsa On Ebay

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chumbly Warners Corsa On Ebay
Jambo

User status: Offline
30th May 08 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sidesport
Someone out there will buy it for 7.5k...thats for sure. Like people say, when building a car like this it limits the market. But this WILL be worth 7.5k to someone....

People who enjoy modified cars to this extreme can spend 7.5k just gettting custom bodywork done.....

Ill tell you one thing, its a refreshing change to gsi kit's and speedlines...

People need to spend more time in their garages rather than bitching on the interweb.

Chris

A-Fucking-men
lil_g

30th May 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car is mint! I spent a good hour looking over it at trax while hiding in my car next to it

Interior is a work of art!
MoesTavern

quote:
Originally posted by Dan A
quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
its cheap to run and insure?

7.5k for all the work thats been done is a bargain.

A one off show car that could easily win awards at the right shows is a bargain.

To make a car the same would cost ou over 25k and you get it for 7.5k is a bargain?

Its not everyones cup of tea,but i bet someone will buy it.

The cheap running costs are offset by the price he's asking for it, like I've said. It's only a bargain if you want that exact car with those exact mods on it, the quality of the work is irrelevant.

why is the the quality of the work is irrelevant?

because it doesn't add anything in real terms to the value of the car, however well done it might be.
davcohen

quote:

most modifications actually de-value a car anyway as you are appealing to a much smaller market.

How many of those bought their cars already modded though? isn't the whole idea supposed to be you do the work yourself to get it 'unique'?

plus paying through the nose for a modded car kind of defeats the object when you can buy much better cars for the same money.

Sorry as with many others ill have to disagree with you on nearly all the points you have made through out this topic

If you carefully select mods you can increase the value of your car and actually make it easier to sell, De-value is generally done by chavs who think anything from halfords add that pimp my ride touch and is therefor unique

Paying alot for a modded car is not a bad idea given the quality of the workman ship on this car you would spend triple getting your car to this standard, yes you can spend less on a car and get a good deal but 9 outta 10 times there is some reason that car is being sold for cheap

as pointed out already why dont you take your time possibly view this car next week at PV then come back and comment once you have seen the car up close rather then hit on what the guy is asking as its priced higher then a normal 1.6 corsa b
nik

30th May 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks silly, I wouldn't spend 7.5k on a Corsa. The speedo would fuck me off too, points on your license waiting to happen too when the camera fucks up..
MoesTavern

30th May 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davcohen
quote:

most modifications actually de-value a car anyway as you are appealing to a much smaller market.

How many of those bought their cars already modded though? isn't the whole idea supposed to be you do the work yourself to get it 'unique'?

plus paying through the nose for a modded car kind of defeats the object when you can buy much better cars for the same money.

Sorry as with many others ill have to disagree with you on nearly all the points you have made through out this topic

If you carefully select mods you can increase the value of your car and actually make it easier to sell, De-value is generally done by chavs who think anything from halfords add that pimp my ride touch and is therefor unique

Paying alot for a modded car is not a bad idea given the quality of the workman ship on this car you would spend triple getting your car to this standard, yes you can spend less on a car and get a good deal but 9 outta 10 times there is some reason that car is being sold for cheap

as pointed out already why dont you take your time possibly view this car next week at PV then come back and comment once you have seen the car up close rather then hit on what the guy is asking as its priced higher then a normal 1.6 corsa b

Can you give me an example of said mods that increase the value of a car?
SAL
Premium Member

30th May 08 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call me a cunt but 7.5k

doubt it will sell for over 3.5 despite the finish and quilty
John G

30th May 08 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MoesTavern

User status: Online

Where the fuck have you appeared from? Granted cars mods dont add major value to a car or as Ashley has stated it would be up for 26k! But a car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, i have made money on 3 of my 4 cars iv modded and all be due to the fact they are modified!
MoesTavern

30th May 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
MoesTavern

User status: Online

Where the fuck have you appeared from? Granted cars mods dont add major value to a car or as Ashley has stated it would be up for 26k! But a car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, i have made money on 3 of my 4 cars iv modded and all be due to the fact they are modified!

What do you mean where have I appeared from?

as for 'a car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay' you could say that about anything couldn't you? doesn't really address the points I've made.
John G

30th May 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course it addresses the point, the point is, if someone is looking for a show car or a car modded to a particular standard, then buying and already modified car to there specific extent will often mean they will achieve it alot cheaper then if they bought the car standard and did the modifications themselves! Hense why a modified corsa will sell for more then a standard corsa!
Ben G

30th May 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hense why a modified corsa will sell for more then a standard corsa!

this sentence is flawed.

it isn't a general rule and most won't actually sell for more than a standard corsa.
John G

30th May 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

this sentence is flawed.

it isn't a general rule and most won't actually sell for more than a standard corsa.

Ok i change my statement from will to "most will" unless it is in worse condition then a standard model
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

30th May 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you do when it rains ? ? ?
MoesTavern

30th May 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

this sentence is flawed.

Ok i change my statement from will to "most will" unless it is in worse condition then a standard model

Change it to 'most won't' while you're at it.
John G

30th May 08 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The phrase, "Go back to the rock you just crawled out from" springs to mind

Class A badger!
MoesTavern

30th May 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Class A badger!

The phrase " poorly educated child molester" springs to mine.
John G

30th May 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Class A badger!

Daveskater
Premium Member

30th May 08 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Class A badger!

Spot on mate

quote:

That's just too far mate. What grounds do you have to say any of that...

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Nath

30th May 08 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a brilliant thread. Fucking hell, why do people feel the need to bitch about the asking price? So fucking what, if he doesn't want to sell ASAP then why not try and get what he feels is a reasonable amount of money.

If you don't have anything good to say then why bother saying anything? It's uncalled for.
Ben G

30th May 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm bored.
John G

30th May 08 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
What a brilliant thread. Fucking hell, why do people feel the need to bitch about the asking price? So fucking what, if he doesn't want to sell ASAP then why not try and get what he feels is a reasonable amount of money.

If you don't have anything good to say then why bother saying anything? It's uncalled for.

MoesTavern

30th May 08 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm hardly bitching, just pointing out it might be better to split it and get a good chunk of his money back than wait for someone who likes his cars modded just so to pay 7.5k for it.
Nath

30th May 08 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I'm hardly bitching, just pointing out it might be better to split it and get a good chunk of his money back than wait for someone who likes his cars modded just so to pay 7.5k for it.

Wasn't aimed at you personally, just in general.
Nath

30th May 08 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I dare say splitting would be plan Z. He'd get more back for sure.
nova_gteuk

30th May 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Looks silly, I wouldn't spend 7.5k on a Corsa. The speedo would fuck me off too, points on your license waiting to happen too when the camera fucks up..

Why would you get points?

My mk1 clio from the day i bought it the speedo didnt work and i drove it a year and a half like that,never got a speeding ticket or a camera flash.

Although the minute i got behind the wheel of my cousins renault 21 turbo i got banned

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Chumbly Warners Corsa On Ebay 23 database queries in 0.0168839 seconds