corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 5dr

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 5dr
adam.d

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 08 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say, engine, box loom, ecu about £400
Shafts (astra gte with machined hubs) £60
wheel bearings £15 each
2.0 brakes £30
Mounts around £50 i think!
Ecotec pipe and plate £40
Then I'd have to join your origional exhaust to the redtop downpipe, wire it all up, give it an oil service and your away!
Thats without any labour charges.
JNC Racing charge £1500 for labour! (I'm no where near that!)
http://www.jncracing.co.uk/convert.html
pedros

23rd Aug 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that adam.d, as i said looking into it very seriosuly so will keep in touch with you. Last thing i need to sort out is insurance. Is an XE a lot cheaper in terms of being insured to a LET?
adam.d

24th Aug 08 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think they go off what the insurance group of the donor car was, so you could get XE's in cavalier sri's that were group 12ish. LETS are around 17/18.
pedros

24th Aug 08 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers adam. yeah i think xe's definatly the way forward as more reliable and useable.

right bit of an update. Got some cobra monoco S which brad sorted me out with.

All went well until realised there was a bracket missing that holds the chair to the floor on one side so in the end made one out of a strong shelf bracket, (good job brad)

Also got some free mirrors on the trip to london again from brad.

wasn't to sure at first but gave it a go and i think it looks a lot better i think because it suits the colour well. As you can see spoiler is underway too as messed up first time because od dropping it on stones!

then fitted...

I personally think it suits the car as it looks moulded in and goes with the theme of smooth lines of the car. Tomorrow will be sorting out the irmisher spoiler.
Comments good or bad welcome :thumbs_up:
FAZ
Premium Member

24th Aug 08 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the tits! 5 doors can look cool!
isit the light or camera thats making the panels different shades of grey / silver? same for the wheels to

[Edited on 24-08-2008 by thrill1258]
pedros

24th Aug 08 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers. yeah just the passanger door is slightly darker as bought from a scrappy to get rid of dents. the front wheel is just very dirty, i quite like it that colour and thinking to spray the alloys dark grey.
karisma_corsa

25th Aug 08 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

battle of the 5 doors!!!!
pedros

25th Aug 08 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally managed to get the tinted window out of the old door and put into new door. Also fitted spoiler.

Just a few round pictures to show spoiler and mirrors. Car is dirty you can see from the different colour of alloys and not the best place for a photo...

FAZ
Premium Member

25th Aug 08 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drop the back dwn haha, like its got its arse in the air. im sooo jealous of ur car haha love the dark grey alloys still haha

[Edited on 25-08-2008 by thrill1258]
pedros

25th Aug 08 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

subtle mods, and managed to keep the price relativley low. I would like to drop the back more (got coilovers). but the exhaust will hit the back axle if i do, i tried it lol

[Edited on 25-08-2008 by pedros]
FAZ
Premium Member

25th Aug 08 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the exhaust off, get one of those hidden ones on, like say a diesel has, will add to the smooth look, im looking at one but dunno what will fit, unless a corsa C or D sxi etc will fit
pedros

26th Aug 08 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah well hopefully will be fitting an xe so will need a new exhaust for that, and this one is just far too loud!! Not to sure which ones will fit, this is my third one and got of ebay and this one from a friend. Get one customed for your car.

[Edited on 26-08-2008 by pedros]
pedros

27th Aug 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wayhey Sideskirts have... need to c/c now, will start after work tomorrow :thumbs_up:

FAZ
Premium Member

27th Aug 08 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do the side skirts fit on? did you pay much for yours? (which 1s are they?)
pedros

27th Aug 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are 5 door GSI sideskirts from http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/ Really good delivery and quick. They've given me self tapping screws and some very hard gluepaste which all comes with it. payed about £117 inc delivery.

[Edited on 27-08-2008 by pedros]
AndyCorsaSport

27th Aug 08 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

then fitted...

Paint the wheels anthracite, front wheel looks anthracite (guessing its brake dust) but looks fucking ace like that!!
pedros

27th Aug 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking that. When you say anthracite is that the name of colour or a shade. As need to look for paint that will make the alloys look like that.
pedros

28th Aug 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suggestions on what colour alloys to go with car please.
FAZ
Premium Member

28th Aug 08 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

abthracite, or that wolfrace colour, chrome shadow?
AndyCorsaSport

28th Aug 08 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats Ford Mercury Grey.
pedros

28th Aug 08 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is really nice. Did you use normal primar or etech primar? Also did you sand down first? How many coats etc. Thanks for help that looks the tits.
AndyCorsaSport

28th Aug 08 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sanded down any kurb marks with 80 grit untill it was gone, then worked my way up from 180, 240, 320, 400, 500 and finally 800 untilll all was smooth, also used scotch brite, then high build primer sort of stuff, but only on bare metal, wait to dry, 800 grit the primer so its smooth into the wheel, 1 coat of grey, 1 coat of blue for the lip, then 1 coat of primer
pedros

28th Aug 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff i will give it a go. Thanks for your help. And i hope mine can be as good as yours lol
pedros

29th Aug 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bored so thought i'd share my exhaust
pedros

31st Aug 08 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right finished sanding a spraying up the sideskirts. Screwed them on which took a lot longer than expected....why?... because i had the bloody drill drilling out rather than in!! broke 5 drill bits! Anyway fitted on now.

Then i took a picture of my car and house in a negative way, thought i'd show it as i thought it looked quite cool.

And for a video of exhausts. First one you hear is a tuned up mini, then a renault clio, then the low tone is mine, and then you hear the lawnmower... Don't ask why we were just about to go off to a house party and started talking exhausts :laugh: Were on a farm in case you get touchy about neighbours there is none :laugh:

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 5dr 23 database queries in 0.0150380 seconds