corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My ZX-6R stolen, please keep a lookout

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My ZX-6R stolen, please keep a lookout
Tom

User status: Offline
6th Aug 08 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you not claiming through insurance then or what, surely taking it to bits like so is gonna affect being able to claim (not sure why just seems wrong )
Fad

6th Aug 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where was it found mate?

Pleased you found it mate hope it all can be rectified
_Allan_

6th Aug 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham you not running this past the insurance?. Them pictures are more clear and that frame is trashed. I wouldn't even ride it again with that frame. The cost of parts if your going back to standard ie not track fairing is going to easily write that off.

[Edited on 06-08-2008 by _Allan_]
random dav
Premium Member

6th Aug 08 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little wankers, glad you got it back, just a pity you didnt catch the little fuckers with it.

WRLFC !

Project cars
Darkside-Dee

6th Aug 08 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate ppl who do stuff like this!, spend alot of time gettin it how it is then they go and F**k it up!

glad u found it, hope u get it back to its former glory
AdZ9

6th Aug 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you found it, but all i keep thinking in my head for some strange reason is that you crashed, probably doing wheelies with the man himself "xa0s" and thought it would be better to say it was stolen and dumped than admit you crashed doing silly things?

100% aplogise if i'm wrong and i'm glad you got it back as i hate thieving scum bags, i just can't fathom why someone would lift it into their van, then go joy riding it the same night? Joy riders are usually kids, and wouldn't fuck about lifting it into a van! Then you luckily happen to find it in a bush the next night in a random place? Just seems fishy, i'm sure you can see where i'm coming from

Go through the insurance though, as Allan said it's probably a write off with frame damage
Timbaland
Banned

6th Aug 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
quote:
Originally posted by cjohnson
But I'm really sorry, I find it hard to believe that you just happened to find it in a bush... lol

Carl..

Glad im not the only one thinking it.

Seems logical though. What would be the need to get his month old bike (which was his pride and joy) stolen, smash it up, and then ditch it for an insurance job? Not trying to start a row or anything, but I just think its a big coincidence.

(Graham they're on to us)

No, I reckon he's tried doing a wheelie or been showing off, Couldnt handle it and lost it and came off it. Decided to run and told the police its been stolen.

So you guys went into a field in a hedge AT NIGHT and found his black motorbike?

Phi

6th Aug 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would graham do that though' he earns shit loads
Charlotte

6th Aug 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe they had a torch?
Graham88

6th Aug 08 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Are you not claiming through insurance then or what, surely taking it to bits like so is gonna affect being able to claim (not sure why just seems wrong )

No mate, more hassle than it's worth. Being young with a claim, high excess, lose no claims etc...a bit of time and effort and I'll be able to source parts fairly cheap.
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Where was it found mate?

Pleased you found it mate hope it all can be rectified

In a field by University Way, looks like a local place where kids take their bikes off road.
quote:
No, I reckon he's tried doing a wheelie or been showing off, Couldnt handle it and lost it and came off it. Decided to run and told the police its been stolen.

So you guys went into a field in a hedge AT NIGHT and found his black motorbike?

I can't wheelie for shit, I don't even try so I struggle to see why you think that. At least Charlotte has some common sense, I guess you're too dumb too know what a torch is

Fed up with people accusing me, why would I not be going through insurance if you think I'd done that, fucking knob.

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_phi
why would graham do that though' he earns shit loads

I wish I could get overtime and get it fixed even quicker

[Edited on 06-08-2008 by Graham88]
Daimo B

6th Aug 08 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
I hate to tell you but dents in the frame will usually result in it being wrote off. Most cannot be repaired and if there is a few it will be classed as serious structural damage. Just hope the person who fell off is in a bad way. When my old NSR250 was stolen. The police found it and I went to recover it. The police guy showed me the 20 metre skid mark, the dents in the brick work and scrapes on the lampost. There was also a bit of blood on the floor. Oh how I laughed . Bike was smashed to bits but managed to get it back up and running for relatively cheap. No damage to the frame though. Good luck

[Edited on 04-08-2008 by _Allan_]

HAve to agree, that will be written off.

Calipers, frame, exhaust, fairings etc... Lot of ££ damage there. My old mans TL had a scratch on the fairing and was written off. He bought the bike, polished the scratch, kept it, then sold it on for about £3k more!!!!!

If the frames damaged at all, it'll be WO, and thats a hefty dent that won't be pulled out, thats a new frame (it can be repaired, but insurance would replace, not repair).

Still, least its back, and i hope the little sh1tes hurt themselves big time when they binned it.

Uni way, top spot for stolen motors.
AdZ9

6th Aug 08 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just weird how not even bothering to go through insurance, stripping the bike etc, makes it look even more like previously said.

Phi, doesn't matter if you earn shit loads, most people wouldn't be like "oh its ok i'll just pay out of my pocket for it" if it had been knicked etc
Daimo B

6th Aug 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the internet theorists coming up...

I mean, no-ones ever had an accident, then stripped their cars to make money eh

Whats next, 9/11 bombings created by America not Bin Laddie?
Graham88

6th Aug 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But most people aren't in my situation.

I can fix it for less than claiming on the insurance would cost me, does that make sense now?

The frame is the biggest problem yes I agree Daimo, but it's workable around eventually

Just annoyed at insurance too, I pay for a service, but it's more feasable for me to pay out my own pocket as it'll cost less. Ridiculous.
Graham88

6th Aug 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
At the internet theorists coming up...

I mean, no-ones ever had an accident, then stripped their cars to make money eh

Whats next, 9/11 bombings created by America not Bin Laddie?

Mate, you should see it on some other forums, it's quite funny but annoying at the same time

I swear some people just try and think up conspiracy theories for everything

Daimo B

6th Aug 08 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only issue is there is that if you "repair" the frame the next buyer is goign to get stitched over unless you be honest and tell them.

Otherwise, thats a new frame jobbie, new frame number, transfer of documents etc....

Personnally, theres plenty of ZX6's out there. If you can sell most of the parts (engine etc), i'd just get another one and start again.

PRetty much why the corsa was sold. It would have been cheaper for me to buy another one and move the parts over.
Graham88

6th Aug 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as the frame goes, for now it's purely cosmetic, so I'm not worried. But I will be on the lookout for a frame.

Got a mate who's just done it on his 636, said it takes time but it's not a bad job really, kinda like peeling a banana skin (his words )

Daimo B

6th Aug 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No different from swapping the engine. Most kits got to come off to replace the engine. In this case, your just swapping the bit the engine goes into Maybe a days work if your lucky.

Frame shouldn't really be any weaker, but tbh, I wouldn't want to ride one with that big a dent, your not really sure how it will take the pressure next time your chucking it into a bend.

I reckon you should turn it into a streetfighter.
Graham88

6th Aug 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of people said that! I like the stance of it from behind with no front fairings, but I want her back to normal

Yeah he took 2 days because he was doing it himself. But as I don't use the bike daily it helps matters alot as it doesn't have to be rushed. Just trying to find a frame for a decent price

Pretty much sourced all the parts I need to get it back to normal, comes to under £500
_Allan_

6th Aug 08 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham although the dent looks cosmetic and to a certain extent it probably will be but the frames are the main structual point on the bike. As you know everything is bolted to the frame, engine, swing arm, sub frame, yokes etc.. and there is a lot of stresses going through it. Especially with cornering, acceleration, engine vibes etc... An insurance company will normally send the bike to be placed on a Jig and all the welds to be checked by an expert. Any stress fracture, visible or not around the headstock will be dangerous. Don't forget that's had a fair old thump. Unless you can source another frame cheaply I'd break it for parts m8. Your only going to spend out and still lose resale value due to the frame. It will also put potential buyers off even if sold cheaper than market value at the time. Good luck on sorting it out
Graham88

6th Aug 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the frame looked at by a guy who does frame straightening for a living Didn't charge for it either, lovely chap

Breaking for parts is not an option, I'd lose alot of money doing that. The engine could be sold for about £600 but that's the most expensive bit. I'd make more selling as it as a trackbike or something, but I want to keep it as she's my baby. I'll just not let her out my sight anymore!
_Allan_

6th Aug 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham that's fair enough. . I'm glad someone had a look at it rather than 'doing it all on the cheap'. Still gonna put buyers off later but at least you can get the your pride and joy back on the road.
Timbaland
Banned

6th Aug 08 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

I can't wheelie for shit, I don't even try so I struggle to see why you think that. At least Charlotte has some common sense, I guess you're too dumb too know what a torch is

Fed up with people accusing me, why would I not be going through insurance if you think I'd done that, fucking knob.

Even more so if you cant wheelie it looks like you done it. You've obviously tried wheeling if you know you cant do it, Especially seeing as you and your fellow biker mate have talked about it on here before.

I know what a torch is but a torch helps you see in small area's, How you came across a field with a bush and decided to check that bush is what puzzles me.

Why arent you going through insurance anyway if it wasnt you to blame, You fucking knob.
Graham88

6th Aug 08 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
Graham that's fair enough. . I'm glad someone had a look at it rather than 'doing it all on the cheap'. Still gonna put buyers off later but at least you can get the your pride and joy back on the road.

Yeah I know it will fuck me up a bit at the end, but I've tried to take everything into account and this seems to be the best route to go down, I can only hope it pays off and I don't have to admit I was wrong not to claim

Graham88

6th Aug 08 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

Even more so if you cant wheelie it looks like you done it. You've obviously tried wheeling if you know you cant do it, Especially seeing as you and your fellow biker mate have talked about it on here before.

I know what a torch is but a torch helps you see in small area's, How you came across a field with a bush and decided to check that bush is what puzzles me.

Why arent you going through insurance anyway if it wasnt you to blame, You fucking knob.

You're obviously just looking for an argument so no point reasoning with you, so all I'll say is:

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My ZX-6R stolen, please keep a lookout 23 database queries in 0.0136700 seconds