corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » the re-incarnation of my danger corsa...laying down some new ideas here :)...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author the re-incarnation of my danger corsa...laying down some new ideas here :)...
Rybo

User status: Offline
4th Feb 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know..you gayer
Rybo

10th Feb 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right not much done to the car(yet again lol) but ive been busy with my little brothers shitty punto sporting now at the same time i started this project i got myself a council garage..nowt fancy but when your used to doing it on the driveway its a real treat..but after gettin it waterproof and windproof i decided to get it a bit more "equipped" check it out...(obviously i dont leave my tools there-too many scumbags about)

notice the block and tackle structure...major beefing up of garage reqd oh and the shelves of pointless bits that ill never throw away,but with my little generator going its pretty nice to work in for £30 a month
and today i decided to stripped the old redtop down out of the grey car as i need the inlet,loom,box etc off it for my new engine will get more pics up by the end of the week...enjoy guys
SRI-LEE

11th Feb 09 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loving the garage new looks,its awesome!
Rybo

11th Feb 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lee,when you next come up ill make ya a brew lol
Rybo

11th Feb 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got these bad boys....now i know most of you know what turbo brakes look like but i was still suprised how big they were....so put the red pen next to them to share their girth with those who care haha
SRI-LEE

11th Feb 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u sick animal! yes we are going to fly through the front windscreen with them lol!
flybikeslee

11th Feb 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff
Rybo

11th Feb 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy my redtop brakes and them grooved discs lee
bethoml

11th Feb 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what seatbelts are for leee cat cccc
bethoml

11th Feb 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shall have a project thread soon ry u beat
Rybo

11th Feb 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good good boys
Rybo

13th Feb 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
good stuff

thanks...i secretly like your civ ...you were right next to us lot at pvs last year
Rybo

15th Feb 09 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14th feb update....

i know its valentines day etc but i had stuff to be getting on with so pursuaded the girlfreind to come to the garage tonight so i could get some work done on the engine as im gonna be working away a fair bit soon so want to push on (reluctantly...she came)
although the engine in the grey car was dispac it was running the earlier/lighter flat type flywheel and clutch kit
the engine i bought off "ly510hh" on here still had its original pot type flywheel and clutch on, as much as im not a fountain of knowledge it made sense to run the earlier one, ive heard theres slight benefits over the heavier one and i had a new clutch with that one too

was a tight bugger!!
also got my oil temp sender fitted for my digital gauges, the sender that came with it was a 1/8 imperial jobbie and after snooping around mig for help i found a suitable place to fit it near the oil pump (will get a pic)- i did this using an m14x1.5 "ford pinto sump plug" that had a 1/8 thread running throuth the middle for such senders (about a tenner from burton power-much easier than fookin about) and also removed the standard oil cooler sandwich plate to fit my mocal one,as i was doing this i realised in order to fit the mocal unit i need to use the allen key-centre threaded bit (i know thats not its real name lol) from a "non oil cooler" engine as theyre just a large grub screw without the extra length for the cooler plate,
as much as this sort of thing bugs me- you know-when your well on with a job and realise you aint got the right bits, at least the old engine had one on as the s### i bought it off had removed the oil cooler so ill rob that in the morning

tomorrow will consist of finishing the cooler plate etc and then im gonna clean the block up-a job ive been trying to put off as its sucks
thought id bang a pic of my non-handsome self up working away as actually had someone there to take one
SRI-LEE

15th Feb 09 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you handsome boy rybo haha you love it
Rybo

19th Feb 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little update team...every now and then being the son of an engineer comes in handy....especialy when i needed to fit my 5-stud cally turbo's on the car...
also stripped the callipers down and re-painted them-gone for a nice simple blue colour ,gone for standard pads for now (funds are shit this month) but with the goodridge hoses should stop her a treat- hope you likeee...

also got this cleaned up ready for paint when my man fazza hooks me up with some of the shiny stuff

next to do after the block is re-attatch the flywheel etc,swap the 2.0litre brakes for the new turbo brakes,finish bay prep/paint then bolt the engine in in the next couple of weeks,watch this space....
Rybo

21st Feb 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sat down last night and wrote out a to do list,i filled 2 A4 pages! today i managed to knock about 3 jobs off it and will try to get cracked on well tommorow, including clean the gearbox up and fit the lighter flywheel-you'll notice all the crap on the the sump...once its mounted in the car ill get it on the ramps and get the sump off,cleaned and replaced with a new gasket etc as itll be easier...

above are my new seats,i liked the fixed buckets but they werent girlfreind freindly and these are nice and comfy

the block is now painted,didnt want black or silver and this will show leaks up-i actually like it...

and tackled the new cambelt kit and whacked a new water pump on while i was in there (all gm clobber of course )

probably some new updates tomorow
daymoon
Premium Member

21st Feb 09 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one on making the list!! always easier to make progress when u got a list of "to do"

I had similar buckets but different colour, they were soo comfy, but i strugled to get into car so they had to go
aaronc190

21st Feb 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good ...what size are them disks??
Rybo

21st Feb 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks,a little bit of attention to this project helps with the motivation haha..
the discs are 288's calibra turbo's (now drilled to 4-stud)iv been told they wont fit behind my wheels though (cesaro's) which is shit

the missus is happy with the seats now...just not the stripped rear/cage and 4-points
aaronc190

21st Feb 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the same disks and my wheels are 15 and they fit but the offset is bout et40?
Rybo

21st Feb 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive put an advert in classifieds to see if somebody wants to p/x...ive heard they fit with the knock on weights on the outside-which looks wank so its a no-go for me-bummer!
Nic Barnes

22nd Feb 09 at 03:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rybo8655

working on cars just isnt the same without various smoke and tea brakes. good stuff ken.
lil_hobbo

22nd Feb 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 288's and they fit behind my cav slabs so i dnt see why they wont fit dude.. its a close fit tho
bethoml

22nd Feb 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice seats i had the same ones. where you get em? haha
Rybo

22nd Feb 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

working on cars just isnt the same without various smoke and tea brakes. good stuff ken.

my dads name is ken
lol

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » the re-incarnation of my danger corsa...laying down some new ideas here :)... 23 database queries in 0.0153871 seconds